Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

It’s like a bowl of rice crispy’s here At them moment, snap crackles and pops everywhere! Things keep hitting my French doors as well, dogs going bonkers lol 

• Like 2

Posted
26 minutes ago, snowponies said:

Going to the horses was an interesting experience. Car was a beast and managed 1ft snow drifts though had to get out for one drift that the car struggled to get over and dig at it to make it smaller. That was in lydford. Then went to a clients horses near shell garage sourton service stations and my word! I had to ditch the car and walk as the drifts were over the hedge! Must be 15ft in places. Went on the closed A386 too and they were using huge diggers to move the snow, road was barely single track (normally a 2 lane fast road) with 10ft of snow pushed against the hedges, amazing! 

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Fantastic pictures, must have been amazing and scary all in one. You wouldn't happen to know how the stretch from Tavistock to Mary Tavy is tonight would you? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

May have to try and stay awake to see what the precipitation brings a little later as all the heavy snow  today missed here,  it all passed just too the north although we had light snow at times

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Up to 0.7°C and the dewpoints just gone positive as well. Cold spell now officially over here. :cray:

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Up to 0.7°C and the dewpoints just gone positive as well. Cold spell now officially over here. :cray:

Still i stubbornly hold at -0.2c dp -0.8c.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, Smartie said:

May have to try and stay awake to see what the precipitation brings a little later as all the heavy snow  today missed here,  it all passed just too the north although we had light snow at times

Temperatures are still very good for snow but they have climbed this evening a little, now at highest for 3 days -2.8c

I think tonight might be the last hurrah..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Temperatures are still very good for snow but they have climbed this evening a little, now at highest for 3 days -2.8c

I think tonight might be the last hurrah..

Just decided to look out the window v and it's already snowing. Only light at the moment. 

Edit : and it's stopped. 

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Hope I can get one last bit of sledging in tomorrow morning, or nah?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

Hope I can get one last bit of sledging in tomorrow morning, or nah?

Depends how much snow you have, but I can’t see all my snow being gone in one night, it would take a lot of rain and mich higher temps. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

When I looked at the GEM a few nights ago it showed 50 hours of continuous snow, and I thought, no way! Well it's been continuous for most of yesterday from 7am (ish) and all of today, plus is still going! It's never been what I would call heavy, but wow, it just shows how continuous snow can build up. What will the night bring!? Radar looks interesting! :wink: 

Been great reading the posts on here this week!

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Fantastic pictures, must have been amazing and scary all in one. You wouldn't happen to know how the stretch from Tavistock to Mary Tavy is tonight would you? 

It's not too bad from tavi to Mary tavy, bit snowy in places but take it slow and it's fine. Across blackdown isn't too bad either however going down from there towards lydford it's crazy! Would not tackle it without a 4x4! Police stopping anyone driving asking if you are ok and having a rant if your not in a 4x4. 3 cars were buried just before the fox and hounds, poor people who got stuck in there last night! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

We lost the majority of our snow during the early hours, waking to wet rooftops and roads are saddening but to my suprise when I arrive on the lane to where I worked I found this. Pure bliss, really enjoyed digging us into work. Perfect way to go out of this amazing cold spell.

amazing photos guys, and been great reading all of your updates. Until next time ?

wayno 

1BD3426D-1665-4199-91EA-F9152775ACCB.jpeg

2F00F4B8-3098-43EC-8C3A-CDBD73FAF716.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

The beast has done a runner here on the isle of Wight. Feels alot milder now with steady rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

My rain gauge is alive. Not sure how I feel about that. :nea:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Freezing rain here may aswel go ice-skating.

Tomorrow is snowman time for Jay 

Posted

There's a time to put your hands up & surrender. Water (that's liquid snow), is running off of every surface/roof now. 

They think it's all over.............................it is now. :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Currently snow, probably the heaviest so far, however it is only this heavy because it's now super marginal. - 0.6dgC and DP - 1. I give it 20 minutes max before it's sleet or rain. :unsure2:

Posted

Temp going up. I need just over 3 hours more negative C for 3 recorded ice days in a row..

Temp -1C  Humidity 89%  Dewpoint -3C   Pressure 991.9