Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

10cm here after this afternoons entertainment topping up after last few days small falls. 

7879AC01-741A-479A-913E-F5174178E736.jpegBBD30B1C-A9EF-48B2-B214-5B36856DF4AB.jpeg 76481102-8AC0-40F3-A437-FFF48D07DEC5.jpeg

Edited by Mark Neal.
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

A decent snow flurry here at the moment.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yes. However, it'll be 100% rain here.

Confirmed by the SW thread's favourite model.

tempresult_wxj0.gif

If the HIRLAM says it's gonna happen... it's gonna happen.

Posted
1 minute ago, jtay said:

Confirmed by the SW thread's favourite model.

tempresult_wxj0.gif

If the HIRLAM says it's gonna happen... it's gonna happen.

Rain is more marginal for us in the North of the region. :D

Posted
19 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Yes, I understand that, and everybody thanks you for your's and your colleagues efforts. However, there must be some parameters and systems in place that protect you as a worker (what if your children were home from school on top?) and ensure there is enough resident staff to satisfy the safety and care of patients. It can be done in NHS Hospitals effectively - even the Army will help out. Perhaps that would be an avenue for your employers to tap into.

It was quite amazing actually. To see the efforts of people helping each other and doing their best. There were some people giving lifts in 4x4 and one driver went and got us some bread. Yesterday one of the trained nurses went to pick people up and he was one of those staying on site. There was a contingency for those who couldn't make it. No matter job we do in the home we all have the same training. That helped to cover. We all did our best and our residents were well cared for. That's all that matters. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Ok guys - how do i upload photos from a Samsung S5 phone? Been struggling to do it

See 'Click to choose files'?

Screenshot_2018-03-02-16-56-32.thumb.png.26059e0acef72e3a75bb539f0ff1661e.png

Click it and then navigate to the folder where your pictures are.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowysouth said:

It was quite amazing actually. To see the efforts of people helping each other and doing their best. There were some people giving lifts in 4x4 and one driver went and got us some bread. Yesterday one of the trained nurses went to pick people up and he was one of those staying on site. There was a contingency for those who couldn't make it. No matter job we do in the home we all have the same training. That helped to cover. We all did our best and our residents were well cared for. That's all that matters. 

I know, and all the right things happened.  I just felt your fear this morning and my heart went out to you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow
9 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

10cm here after this afternoons entertainment topping up after last few days small falls. 

After a disappointing spell for us thus far, we're ending with a bang! I thoroughly enjoyed watching the snowfall during the last few hours. Radar shows it's slowly going to dissipate for us but I have a solid 10cm on the ground now. 

Posted

The snow has stopped in Andover so me and the dogs went out to see how deep the snow was and see if we could find any snow drifts.#

Over all i would say the snow was 4 to 5 inches, we did find a few nice drifts nearly 4 ft deep (yes we jumped in them :))

archie snowwy.jpg

boots.jpg

posts.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

"Southampton Football Club is anticipating that tomorrow’s Premier League match with Stoke City will proceed as planned.

The club has been in dialogue with Hampshire Police, Southampton City Council, the Premier League and Stoke about the game, after the heavy snowfall experienced in the region.

Following continued consultation throughout the day, the club and authorities expect the game to go ahead at its scheduled 3pm GMT kick-off time."

This will seriously curtail my sledging time. :mellow:

• Like 1

Posted

From Quedgelely, just south of Gloucester. Long time lurker deciding to post from IMBY :-D 

We had continuous (but not what I would call heavy) snow most of yesterday which gave us a few inches of level snow and because of the swirling winds parts of our road were bare whilst some edges had a foot snow drift. Haven't seen that for many years.

So nothing like the intensity of snow suffered down in the Mendips and over towards Cardiff (some memorable depths at St Athan, Cardiff apparently). Hats off to the meto who really did get that red zone pretty spot on ! Well I thought so.

And today we had steady snow for a couple of hours after midday and then the last hour has been amazingly heavy even though the radar didn't indicate it

A memorable few days and as far as I am concerned the Beast from the East did deliver. Of course there will always be other parts that missed out.. but thats the nature of the weather eh. Enjoy it when you get it !

Pics from a few minutes ago (that pile of snow on the 2nd pic is what came off my driveway earlier)

Cheers !

John.

20180302_162944.jpg

DSC08527.JPG

Edited by gloucesterlad
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, Beasterly said:

After a disappointing spell for us thus far, we're ending with a bang! I thoroughly enjoyed watching the snowfall during the last few hours. Radar shows it's slowly going to dissipate for us but I have a solid 10cm on the ground now. 

Yup, patchier now and looks to be dissipating. Still 10cm not bad in the end. Snow showers mon-weds, edge of the system yesterday light much of the day, this afternoon light to moderate, more moderate bursts. Not bad. :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the 12z GFS over the past few runs is showing the potential for more heavy snow this time next week!..........................hang on, yet more heavy snow?....*yawn*......change the bloody record, it's getting boring now, 2 blizzards in 8 days?....the weather's getting complacent now...lolol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl
3 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

the 12z GFS over the past few runs is showing the potential for more heavy snow this time next week!..........................hang on, yet more heavy snow?....*yawn*......change the bloody record, it's getting boring now, 2 blizzards in 8 days?....the weather's getting complacent now...lolol

I don't know if I can cope with another event. I'm exhausted from the lack of sleep. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

What an enjoyable afternoon watching the snow fall and see the levels increase from the past few days.  I haven't had to go out or look after grandchildren so that made it even better! Best snowfall for a long time.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

See 'Click to choose files'?

Screenshot_2018-03-02-16-56-32.thumb.png.26059e0acef72e3a75bb539f0ff1661e.png

Click it and then navigate to the folder where your pictures are.

Cheers.

My photos are in my gallery, not in a folder, so i need to store in a folder. I'll do that in a mo. NW used to be able to access gallery photos on here. Must've changed capability i guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow
11 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Yup, patchier now and looks to be dissipating. Still 10cm not bad in the end. Snow showers mon-weds, edge of the system yesterday light much of the day, this afternoon light to moderate, more moderate bursts. Not bad. :) 

Today's snowfall makes it 3 events this winter with at least 10cm accumulations. Great finish to winter :cold-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Anyone else remember the BBC forecast last week saying this week was "looking cold but dry" !!! lol