Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Screenshot_20180302-153813.thumb.png.ddf560fcb68d06fb0e88f1689f908fb5.png

What is this... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Screenshot_20180302-153813.thumb.png.ddf560fcb68d06fb0e88f1689f908fb5.png

What is this... 

It’s developed further north, how can that be right on your forecast, the bbc and met office we’re going for south coast north 

looking at the radar, something developing in the channel!!

Edited by fromey

Posted
Just now, fromey said:

It’s developed further north, how can that be right on your forecast, the bbc and met office we’re going for south coast north 

Thats what I thought but this updated at 1pm and it has snow clearing now then restarting this evening...

Posted

Snowing steadily. There is still more snow on the West facing windscreens of Parked cars than the East facing. Though, snow is now beginning to settle on East facing windscreens. This to me, spells, not necessarily lighter winds, but that the snow is ever so slightly wetter. Snowflakes are still small but its not granular. Though the gusts are slightly lighter.

Temp -2C  Humidity 90%  Dewpoint -3C   Pressure 991.9 

Wind from 55 degrees @ 9.0 MPH Gusts to 15.0 MPH 

Edited by EllyTech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Thats what I thought but this updated at 1pm and it has snow clearing now then restarting this evening...

Something developing in the channel, take a look see what you think 

• Like 2

Posted

Well after a second go I made it into work. A 25 min walk took me 50 mins this morning. It was reported that 2 staff had fallen over on their way to work and had to turn back. It was still raining and freezing everything on impact. Lethal. I never EVER want to see that again. It was significantly better on the way home but still very slippy. The snow is still perfect under the sheet of ice. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen or at least for a very long time!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

started snowing again quite heavily and begging to settle on all roofs instead of just west and and south facing ones. biggest drift measured was 1 meter, yes 1 meter deep! road was gritted 20 mins ago, then the snow began and now its covering over again!

Edited by Leon1

Posted
2 minutes ago, fromey said:

Something developing in the channel, take a look see what you think 

Maybe im being hopeful but something is going on in channel and my met app has picked up on something using their raw data also.. 

Shows snow on app until 7am saturday starting at 6pm tonight

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, Nights King said:

Maybe im being hopeful but something is going on in channel and my met app has picked up on something using their raw data also.. 

I see developments to my south!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, snowysouth said:

Well after a second go I made it into work. A 25 min walk took me 50 mins this morning. It was reported that 2 staff had fallen over on their way to work and had to turn back. It was still raining and freezing everything on impact. Lethal. I never EVER want to see that again. It was significantly better on the way home but still very slippy. The snow is still perfect under the sheet of ice. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen or at least for a very long time!

Workers need to have clearer guidelines. Most go to work because they feel they should, and to stay home would be somehow wrong. I think that when we get MetO warnings and weather is as severe as this, there should be another level of advice/law that kicks in to protect workers and that trumps workplace pressure. And, that the guidelines become instruction to employers. You should never have been put in danger getting to work, neither should your colleagues. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
8 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Snowing steadily. There is still more snow on the West facing windscreens of Parked cars than the East facing. Though, snow is now beginning to settle on East facing windscreens. This to me, spells, not necessarily lighter winds, but that the snow is ever so slightly wetter. Snowflakes are still small but its not granular. Though the gusts are slightly lighter.

Temp -2C  Humidity 90%  Dewpoint -3C   Pressure 991.9 

Wind from 55 degrees @ 9.0 MPH Gusts to 15.0 MPH 

You’re def right - Got 20p size flakes in the mix! Still -2 though. Never went below -1c when it snowed after christmas. Happy for a bit of variation, not exactly thawing because of the ‘warm up’! Looks set to fizzle out a bit soon, but maybe more later with light snow in meantime... 

Edit: mostly 20p size now, looks great! 

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted

Lol, had barely perceptable frozen drizzle pellets earlier, then a few snowflakes.. recently it just started doing a wet drizzle which is now turning to snow!

Glad to see it's still sleet/snow down in Salcombe.

Temp -0.3C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.

We enjoyed a nice trek to the supermarket.  Pulled the babes here on the sled and then the shopping home in it. Got some enviable looks from people wading through the snow with laden arms. My crazy kids wanted lollies in the way home too ?

FAD0DA9A-302A-43DF-A3B3-E98116089708.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Jemma Croton said:

We enjoyed a nice trek to the supermarket.  Pulled the babes here on the sled and then the shopping home in it. Got some enviable looks from people wading through the snow with laden arms. My crazy kids wanted lollies in the way home too ?

FAD0DA9A-302A-43DF-A3B3-E98116089708.jpeg

You've done well to find something to buy, local co-op here in Exeter was stripped yesterday afternoon.  Refrigerated pizza seemed to be the first thing to go, obviously moved on from the days of panic buying milk bread and beans.

• Like 1

Posted

Can Anyone do a screen grab of current 850’s pls ?

my temps dropping but my worry is freezing rain again with this next batch 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

After some of my top scientific measurements, can confirm had another 2-3cm today taking us in Keynsham to a total of 12cm, but much more in places.

Posted

Moderate snow here in Exeter, big surprise as i assumed it was all done down here and anything now would be rain.

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, swebby said:

Moderate snow here in Exeter, big surprise as i assumed it was all done down here and anything now would be rain.

That’s encouraging 

Posted

Observation: We now only have yellow warnings in the UK for severe weather. Though this may be absolutely accurate, the conditions on the ground are still largely severe. I don't think the public or the media are making a distinction between the two. 

I.E. it is  still very dangerous to travel on some roads due to snow drifts and ice, but the weather has eased for some.

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I don’t understand any of the science yet but the sky looks full of it and that’s good enough for me!!! Bring it on :p 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

5a99769c1069f_2018-03-02(3).thumb.png.bcd5fe7ea97a2bf10f223f67b990691d.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
2 minutes ago, swebby said:

Same here, I saw fine sleety stuff start up about 15 minutes ago, was a pleasant surprise when it suddenly turned into fairly heavy snow!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Workers need to have clearer guidelines. Most go to work because they feel they should, and to stay home would be somehow wrong. I think that when we get MetO warnings and weather is as severe as this, there should be another level of advice/law that kicks in to protect workers and that trumps workplace pressure. And, that the guidelines become instruction to employers. You should never have been put in danger getting to work, neither should your colleagues. 

That's true and I agree but it's a dementia care home and none of us, whatever job we do there will want to stay home if it's at all possible to get to work. At least three members of staff stayed on site for 30 hours covering those who could not get in. Im glad i made it and would do the same tomorrow if I had to

• Thanks 5