Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Did it snow in Cardiff Jay ? :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Lol someone just got stuck in their car, had to go out and help push him with someone else helping. I can see why hardly anyone is driving! Unless you live on a main road I wouldn't even attempt it, the side roads around here are impassable.  

Some guy tried digging himself out and gave up lol, even if he dug himself out he wouldn't get down the hill anyway.

Posted

It stopped snowing about 12.30 last night.

Thought we might have had more to be truthful. Looks like around 5 to 6 inches level snow in garden.

I thought today was going to bring more organised stuff but looking at radar looks a bit patchy.

Got a bit excited yday comparing to NYE 78 - no where near. Not as good as Jan 87 or Dec 81 or Feb 78. Probably nearer to one of the Nov/Dec 2010 falls (imby).

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Did it snow in Cardiff Jay ? :rofl:

Crazy mate, all them times I asked that question and now I've witnessed the most snow in the 25 years of my life. I doubt I'll ever witness this again so I've taken as many pics and videos as possible. Our local forecast are going for 5-10cm more too by this evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

I think the freezing rain is more east/west rather than north/south as to whether you experienced it. If you didn't be very pleased. The it'looks amazing feeling is soon replaced with the, look what it's done to my snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Crazy mate, all them times I asked that question and now I've witnessed the most snow in the 25 years of my life. I doubt I'll ever witness this again so I've taken as many pics and videos as possible. Our local forecast are going for 5-10cm more too by this evening.

Nice one, chuffed for you! 

I’ve  also had probably the best snow event of my life down here, just a shame it ended with the ice storm. Enjoy ?

• Like 2

Posted

Supposed to go and drive from Poole to Ringwood today to collect our special needs daughter from school (she is in residential there). Crazy thing is that the school are expecting us to do this. Funny how the health and safety policies fly out of the window when it suits these places. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

It stopped snowing about 12.30 last night.

Thought we might have had more to be truthful. Looks like around 5 to 6 inches level snow in garden.

I thought today was going to bring more organised stuff but looking at radar looks a bit patchy.

Got a bit excited yday comparing to NYE 78 - no where near. Not as good as Jan 87 or Dec 81 or Feb 78. Probably nearer to one of the Nov/Dec 2010 falls (imby).

Might get a tad closer to your 78 expectations after today BB. Even though the radar looks patchy, the MetO and BBC seem confident that we'll see further snow later today. (The graphics show snow over us for a good 6-8 hours so who knows)

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Nice one, chuffed for you! 

I’ve  also had probably the best snow event of my life down here, just a shame it ended with the ice storm. Enjoy ?

We had a bit of freezing rain here but not much to be honest, I went out for a walk around 11pm last night and when I woke up the foot prints were completely covered so must've had over 3/4 inches overnight too.

• Like 1

Posted

In all seriousness unless you have to, don’t go out, I’ve not seen conditions like this for some time. Pavements lethal roads not much better from what I can see around my region, here’s a pic of the freezing rain layer ?

8091BC1C-9699-4931-B5E1-6E19D39B3FB8.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snowing lightly here.

-3.1c

• Like 1

Posted

Wow, still crazy amounts of snow hitting SE Ireland. They're gonna be measuring in feet soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Raining mate. Bizarre.

I was expecting bigger wet flakes today not bloody rain :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, Blizzardof82 said:

I was expecting bigger wet flakes today not bloody rain :wallbash:

Should improve later as mild air mixes out I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Car is literally frozen shut. And the snow is frozen to the car.  

Screenshot_20180302-091432.png

Screenshot_20180302-091418.png

Screenshot_20180302-091413.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

windy and dry here.......still hard to work out an even snow depth and there's so much drifting, but I say maybe 5 inches with 12-18 inch drifts in places.....No freezing rain to report here as the snow is still light and fluffy and blowing around in the wind....Not too sure about top up snow today...hi-res modelling infers decaying front to reinvigorate in situ and then push northwards later on...time will tell, but without any shadow of doubt, the most snow I've witnessed in many a year!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

A good event here although can't help but feel a little disappointed with the depth of snow, the brighter echoes in the channel kept fizzling out before getting here and it was mostly small flakes falling throughout. Best event since 2010 but it certainly doesn't surpass that (here at least).

Still several centimeters though so not really complaining, plus looks like round two later so let's see what that brings. Pleased that pretty much everyone in our region got at least a decent covering!

Posted

Could do with a Bring Back post to let us know the situation. Were we supposed to see rain this morning? And is further snow this afternoon expected as the BBC / MetO suggest?

Have to say these are the most dangerous conditions I've ever seen in the UK full stop.

I'm surprised there isn't a Red warning out to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, c00ps said:

That’s a shame. In from SE and came in here looking for all the snow lol ? hope everyone’s safe and managing to enjoy it ❄️

Well here it is for you . 26cmlevel snow fell with 1-2ft drifts 

4113919B-0082-49A1-96D1-4A098069BA87.jpeg

B460187D-29DF-445A-B71C-A44661EDF5E2.jpeg

86B2E5CA-AE26-4E39-B386-79A0700EB3AD.jpeg

5E2DFF5F-8BF1-434C-B3C5-7BD9EE4EC8F1.jpeg

2CEE6F7F-395E-4B84-97B1-C49F26D1A3D6.jpeg

DCEAF848-A0AD-4692-9BA4-D6B728CF6277.jpeg

• Like 9