Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

So looks like tomorrow is shaping up to possibly be another day watching the radar, although as @nick sussex mentioned, nothing set in stone yet.

Moderate snow across most of the region with a wind gusting to around 30mph so still blowing around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just taken my son home, had a bit of a pootle about too, it's bloody amazing out there! It's STILL coming down, heavier than ever and blowing everywhere, can't wait to get out with the camera in the morning. Son's birthday tomorrow, he's over the moon with his pressie. Update pics from the patio, ruler now measuring 23cm. Have to dig the door out every time I go out, it's drifting like mad. Any idea on how much longer this is going on for?

DSC01878.JPG

DSC01879.JPG

DSC01882.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Just looked out of window into lampost and it really is blowing a hoolie. Moderate snow, swirling around.

Ab fan. Awesome. A back in the day evening, for sure.

#nostalgic

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

What an amazing day that was??. Worth the wait right guys! We smashed it and made a day to remember. Enjoy; Remember and sleep well. X

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Blizzardof82 said:

GFS has me down for another 12 hours of snow tomorrow starting at 1300 :D

I'll be up for some more of that I'm so greedy with getting snow now a days, used to say back in the day 1cm I'd get my fix now my fix never ends

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

V similar to the blizzards of Winter 78/79. I know it is boring i keep banging on about it, but that Winter is my Bristol Benchmark:D

Just thinking the same thing myself  BB. :D

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

V similar to the blizzards of Winter 78/79. I know it is boring i keep banging on about it, but that Winter is my Bristol Benchmark:D

I remember that but I was up Northampton way aged 8/9. For me in Bristol since 1990 this is a unique kind of snow event. 1991 is possibly comparable. 

Posted
Just now, jethro said:

Any idea on how much longer this is going on for?

For ever!:D

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Just taken my son home, had a bit of a pootle about too, it's bloody amazing out there! It's STILL coming down, heavier than ever and blowing everywhere, can't wait to get out with the camera in the morning. Son's birthday tomorrow, he's over the moon with his pressie. Update pics from the patio, ruler now measuring 23cm. Have to dig the door out every time I go out, it's drifting like mad. Any idea on how much longer this is going on for?

DSC01878.JPG

DSC01879.JPG

DSC01882.JPG

Amazing pics and to answer your question, most of the night for you!!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Yes, I was also just thinking that this event isn't really comparable with 2010 etc. Powder snow for over 24hrs and counting? 2009/10 was a drawn out proper winter fest. This is a shorter-lived event (so far) its impacts as yet, not tallied. It was incredible in that winter to see so much ice everywhere, all over the British Isles though. 

This is however, going down in my book as one very memorable snow/cold period. I wonder what news there will be by tomorrow?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning and Snow
1 minute ago, snowflakey said:

Looks like another pulse of precipitation approaching from the south, with the IOW in its sight.

Hopefully it has Gosport in it's sights too.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

IMG_20180301_233617749.jpg

IMG_20180301_233633090.jpg

Glad you ended up getting snow today really didn't want to see you banned :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

IMG_20180301_233617749.jpg

IMG_20180301_233633090.jpg

Will it snow in Cardiff Jay? ;) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just looked at the radar, it looks like there's hours more to come. I'm lost for words, which let's face it, doesn't happen often.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Given some of the highest prolonged rainfall totals I've recorded have been from similar setups to this at various times of the year, it's only fair we get that equivalent in snow this time lol. Had 52mm of rain in one night in March 2008, let's have that in snow by the morning please :spiteful:

• Like 3

Posted

Here in the New Forest we've had about 2 inches of snow and then...freezing rain. I haven't seen proper freezing rain since the 70's in Sheffield...it formed a thick layer over the surface of our park home and a layer over the snow...you could pick it up and break it! Fascinating...but I would still rather have had more snow....

• Like 2