Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
9 minutes ago, nettie said:

My torch isn't very bright lol

20180301_203557.jpg

20180301_203612.jpg

20180301_203620.jpg

It's alright, neither are we.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
1 minute ago, Chris K said:

The fact we had this snow at all is a bonus for me! I was expecting winter to end with nothing except the brief dustings back in December to be honest. Love it. Approx 10cm here but just on hill behind the town around 15cm. Drifts blowing across the A38 too. Don't think I have seen that before.

Yeah same. I recon around 10cm here too and I would've banked that a week ago.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
7 minutes ago, Smartie said:

It' dumping shed loads of snow over me though :p lol

You under the orange/red echoes? So close to me, a matter of miles, any minute now it should be over Yatton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.
2 minutes ago, Chris K said:

The fact we had this snow at all is a bonus for me! I was expecting winter to end with nothing except the brief dustings back in December to be honest. Love it. Approx 10cm here but just on hill behind the town around 15cm. Drifts blowing across the A38 too. Don't think I have seen that before.

Yeah don't get me wrong its been an awesome end to winter, today. Buzzing! I'm just being greedy though! :D 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Possibly a stupid question but, will this ice storm take away my snow? It's really bad out there now?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, rdt123 said:

Had around 30cm over the last three days in the north east. Still a little envious of thy radar!

enjoy it folks - very rare

I was up your way (on Yarm Road) a few weeks back - cold but no snow.  Stay safe.

Posted

Resisted saying it up to now as have been hoping for an improvement but I fear it is becoming increasing unlikely. It’s just that with a setup such as this, I have to say, for me here in Weymouth, this is a bit of a letdown.

Whilst I’d normally be absolutely delighted with the snowfall that we have had today. But in the context of this setup, having to watch all the heavier stuff circumnavigate Weymouth with astonishing precision or weaken as it passed over before pepping up again,was hard to take all day. For once we had a realistic chance to get a proper fall of snow aka Feb ‘78. Not going to happen.

Chuffed to bits for the vast vast majority that did better than me, just a bit pee’ved we couldn’t muster more in Weymouth.

Hey ho. Moan over! ?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Ashme said:

Possibly a stupid question but, will this ice storm take away my snow? It's really bad out there now?

Don't know what will happen later on but it's frozen on top of the snow at the moment. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, MP-R said:

You under the orange/red echoes? So close to me, a matter of miles, any minute now it should be over Yatton.

I'm here waiting! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

Still snowing heavy where i am . Powder snow with big flakes mixed in now. Temperature minus 1c

IMG_20180301_204553.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
2 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I am yep, this is the heaviest it's been falling all day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm guessing the movement of my anemometer and wind vane is stopping it from getting frozen solid? Everything looks as though it has been jizzed on. Not the best look!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.
7 hours ago, Man With Beard said:

My prayers for you and @Catacol are being answered!! Now I've just got to get the prayers for myself answered ... nearing an official dusting now but it's painfully slow!!

We are being buried... :-) 

Slightly less over the top - looks like the MetO call of about 8 inches when all is said and done may be pretty close to the mark. It's drifting around a bit - I took a walk out at about 8pm and there are parts at about a foot deep and others at no more than 1 or 2 inches... but overall by walk to work time I would expect around 8 inches. I'll measure and report.. :-)

Still snowing - obviously. :-)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Windows are rattling now....

• Like 1

Posted

I remember getting proper, if light, freezing rain for half a day back in london, during the thaw in 84/5 if i got my years right.  I'd liken trying to walk on it as -crossing an ice rink covered in ball bearings while wearing flip flops.  If you are getting this type of precipitation then be sensible and stay indoors.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Definitely ice mixed in with the snow here now, I can hear it on the windows. Seemed to arrive with the heaviest precipitation as we have been under the bright radar echos for the last 30 mins. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.
2 minutes ago, s4lancia said:

Resisted saying it up to now as have been hoping for an improvement but I fear it is becoming increasing unlikely. It’s just that with a setup such as this, I have to say, for me here in Weymouth, this is a bit of a letdown.

Whilst I’d normally be absolutely delighted with the snowfall that we have had today. But in the context of this setup, having to watch all the heavier stuff circumnavigate Weymouth with astonishing precision or weaken as it passed over before pepping up again,was hard to take all day. For once we had a realistic chance to get a proper fall of snow aka Feb ‘78. Not going to happen.

Chuffed to bits for the vast vast majority that did better than me, just a bit pee’ved we couldn’t muster more in Weymouth.

Hey ho. Moan over! ?

Its been a beautiful day for us S4. Its blowin a hoolie out there now and all its blowin around is ice and snow. 

• Like 1