Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, West is Best said:

Severe weather now into the South-west. And on cue the Met Office site crashes ...

5a980758ee58a_ScreenShot2018-03-01at13_46_44.thumb.png.103bf5aeebf759c09f6a221ec802f499.png

This could be a torrid 36 hours for parts of south-western Britain. It's all very well thinking it's fun, but this will quickly turn life threatening. When people will almost certainly die from this I find it remarkable how blasé the Met Office have been in issuing a Red warning for the South-west. How often do these life-threatening conditions affect these isles? Once in a decade at best.

Incredible conditions imminent ...

The red warning really should be extended , not sure why it covers such a small area. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.
Just now, nick sussex said:

The red warning really should be extended , not sure why it covers such a small area. 

Should it include Bristol, Nick? :D

• Like 2

Posted

Seems to be really pepping up in the channel on the latest radar frames

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
1 minute ago, TheHumph said:

No problem @Climate_Eyes starting to get a little heavier now just south of you. 

Cheers, brain is fried from too many late nights radar watching. :crazy:

Ooh, great stuff. Quite icy/snizzley here again which is still awesome, but hinders adding to the depth. Mustn't grumble though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Any predictions for the number of hangovers for this region tomorrow? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
Just now, Zephyr said:

Seems to really pepping in the channel on the latest radar frames

Indeed!! Who's going to get the red blobs?

IMG_0677.PNG

• Like 1

I dont know what would be worse for guernsey ATM

* Freezing rain or Snow

but there under RED ppn

To put this into context - for most areas that are excited about being in the yellow ( see my radar )

the red is X6 the PPN rates of the yellow !

Amazing- they should really have some sort of warning

47CB5111-C275-4DDE-8647-0140A2E4B8A9.thumb.png.2abae5bcbb2350ae18837391a2ba9a36.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Apparently it’s snow man time.. :nonono: I don’t want to ruin the canvas, but I’m being told I’m grumpy ?‍♂️

Posted
4 minutes ago, West is Best said:

Severe weather now into the South-west. And on cue the Met Office site crashes ...

5a980758ee58a_ScreenShot2018-03-01at13_46_44.thumb.png.103bf5aeebf759c09f6a221ec802f499.png

This could be a torrid 36 hours for parts of south-western Britain. It's all very well thinking it's fun, but this will quickly turn life threatening. When people will almost certainly die from this I find it remarkable how blasé the Met Office have been in issuing a Red warning for the South-west. How often do these life-threatening conditions affect these isles? Once in a decade at best.

Incredible conditions imminent ...

I'm not doubting it. I'm not having a wobble.  But I can see lots of people getting caught out if this is as bad as the predictions.  Wembury in SW Devon is calm.  Very light snow and the sun is detectable through thin cloud on occasions. No wind to talk of.  Maybe that's unusual looking at other posts, but if it's not, people are going to get caught out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.
2 hours ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Jemma, I am awarding your dog cutest snow poser! That fluff though! :air_kiss:

Sky to my SW has got a bit darker. Maybe a tad too far east.

I’ve deliberately not had him trimmed so he would stay warm and he had ice balls hanging from his under-belly

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
Just now, That ECM said:

Indeed!! Who's going to get the red blobs?

IMG_0677.PNG

Yes please I'll have the red blobs! Great to finally have snow here on the South Coast.Pleased that the forum has kept going too.Well done Netweather.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Snowing niceely here following this mornings taster, flakes small at the moment but that looks likely to change very soon :). What areas will likely see a change to freezing rain tonight, is this mainly on the coast or well inland too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & lots of it.
1 hour ago, Dormouse said:

Fubaruk, Scott of the Antarctic I think!?

That's the fella...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
6 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

Any predictions for the number of hangovers for this region tomorrow? 

To get one of those you need to first, stop drinking and second, go to bed. Personally speaking....can't see either happening for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow
4 minutes ago, Steve Caiels said:

I'm not doubting it. I'm not having a wobble.  But I can see lots of people getting caught out if this is as bad as the predictions.  Wembury in SW Devon is calm.  Very light snow and the sun is detectable through thin cloud on occasions. No wind to talk of.  Maybe that's unusual looking at other posts, but if it's not, people are going to get caught out.

Conditions are getting worse here Steve in Laira -snowing much more heavily and settling but it’s wind which is increasing.

According to friends Ivybridge is chaotic with blizzards 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Not letting me upload the pictures. But it's been moderate here for a while and getting a nice layer now. 

Edited by divadee
  • Like 2

Posted

BBC News reporter in RED warning Zone Wales recons they are expecting 20cm snow drifts. :rofl:  Anyone reporting on weather needs to study with the MetO for a month or two mandatory. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Flakes seem to be getting bigger , and coming down harder now. My old stamping grounds of Shipham, and Cheddar look like they're going to get a pasting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
3 minutes ago, Steve Caiels said:

Here too, it's quite odd. The sun is desperately trying to peek through , but oh boy it's cold and the wind unlike you is swirling the snow around . However what is coming towards me on the netweather radar looks very interesting! 

Ive fed the birds , the cat is safe and warm , food is in , miss Marple on DVD .im happy lol 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

To get one of those you need to first, stop drinking and second, go to bed. Personally speaking....can't see either happening for me.

Same as.... ales are threatening to  approach rapidly here. Trying to wait until 6pm... 

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted

Ok. Bristol and just North of Bristol - what time is maximum impact going to be? Anyone got an idea?

Edited by Bristle boy