Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, SilverWolf said:

Anyone got any thoughts about Gloucestershire later? Right on the NE extent looking at it! Need some re-assurance.... 

The sticks will be a winter wonderland and quite dangerous on the back roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

An increasing amount of the precip in the Channel turning sleety according to radar - especially in more western areas. Surface obs still below freezing, so some treacherous conditions likely.

Won’t be accurate, goes off whatever model data feeds it.Not true representation 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, hoops said:

It is snowing lightly here now.

Bingo! Good to see Portland represented in here, i like your display name!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

-3.4c & DP -7.6c :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking good guys/girls. Precip starting to edge into costal zones, precip seems to be building at the front. Poole, should have snow falling? karlos/mapantz? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

The sticks will be a winter wonderland and quite dangerous on the back roads.

Excellent thank you. Live in Rooksmoor below Rodborough common, bit of a snow/frost trap where I am! Off to get some beers for later while I still can... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & lots of it.
1 minute ago, egret said:

My wife was in Exeter in February 1978 - snowed in for nearly a fortnight.

Similar conditions today inasmuch as we are in a true battleground scenario, I would not be wholly surprised if the rain / thaw following is less pronounced than forecast, I say this as weather from the channel always seems reluctant to rise up off the channel and over the land at this time of year. It appears to sheer along the coast if it can.In which case stays colder and edges further East. If we do get rain and ice there a whole new set of problems with roofs collapsing, black ice and power lines collapsing so lets hope that doesn't happen.

Either way stay safe!

I remember 1978 well i was 9 years old...that was the year that made my love for snow. I remember digging the snow from our back kitchen door leading into the garden 8 feet incredible... absolutely loved it at the time.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Sorry to hear that..hope you get better soon. Winchester is still just outside the Amber warning. Wait til later for the Channel Low system to come  in. It is looking more west yes, but still chance of snow for us lot on the edge of the warning. It is ridiculously cold outside.. wind is picking up too... :cold:.. Bed is the best place!

Thank you. I'm very confused. What's the snow we had this morning then? Thought it was all meant to start at 9. With another low/front something coming in tomorrow too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.
1 hour ago, s4lancia said:

You are obviously more hardened up there.

Virtually all the schools in my area announced in advance (yesterday afternoon) that they were closing today and tomorrow.

Not here. I got a talking to from the head for suggesting school might be cancelled.

Posted

Leaving Cornwall aside, if anyone doesn't have a very good covering by tomorrow night then something would have gone seriously wrong.

18030306_0106.gif

Being IMBY, a slight upgrade for my sticks - 5cm-10cm around East Hants

10cm-20cm for a lot of you and I can't even count all the colours over S Devon - if you live there bloomin heck get home quick or you may not get back until Sunday!!

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Leaving Cornwall aside, if anyone doesn't have a very good covering by tomorrow night then something would have gone seriously wrong.

18030306_0106.gif

Being IMBY, a slight upgrade for my sticks - 5cm-10cm around East Hants

10cm-20cm for a lot of you and I can't even count all the colours over S Devon - if you live there bloomin heck get home quick or you may not get back until Sunday!!

Had to be poor cornwall :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, FUBARUK said:

I remember 1978 well i was 9 years old...that was the year that made my love for snow. I remember digging the snow from our back kitchen door leading into the garden 8 feet incredible... absolutely loved it at the time.

god yes.....Brixham got hit hard, sledging down Victoria Hill, unheard of!.....I think we have a good 12 inches that blizzard, probably more and drifting over the garden wall!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters
1 minute ago, FUBARUK said:

Me too, Dad said at the time we only get decent snow up from France and he was right.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Anyone see the last few radar returns, precip turned heavier expansively as it moved out of Bristol into Severn into Wales. Anyone around there? 

It clipped my area, a little flurry that's all.

Chepstow getting all the action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Well I went to work only to find someone there so no need to worry about the dogs after all, good news but would have been better if someone had bothered to let me know to save me the trip. Grrrrrr! Anyway, as there's sod all to do in this weather I've come home again, no need to go out again until it's time to play. Had an inch or so earlier, fine powdery stuff blowing around in the wind. If the patterns it made already on the road are anything to go by, the main event should drift nicely around here :-) Let the window watch commence.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

One thing I’ve noticed is it seems people have taken notice of the warnings. The roads are a lot quieter than usual. 

• Like 1