Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
Just now, Skullzrulerz said:

Can some one please expect what's going to happen tomorrow I am aware that I'm in the amber warning of this post which is st Austell in Cornwall now I'm checking everything i can not find much snow only a few light showers yet again in Thursday night turn rain? 5-15cm? A dusting ? Confused.com

Don't trust apps. There is a serious chance that things will get hairy for a broad radius of us in the West Country/SW. The larger the affected zone for severe weather, the harder and longer is is for emergency teams to clear/free/restore etc. Take precautions as necessary. If you get very little snow/ice/disruption then no harm done.

This isn't about a few flurries. The low's position could surprise us. All of us have sub-zero conditions so any water that falls from the sky in any of our locations will fall as frozen water, and for a long period of time.

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Night guys, see you nice and early lol. That's if I can sleep.

If you can't I'll be here I expect :rofl:

Posted

good cm of snow here near Basingstoke in last couple of hours, looks like more spreading from the east.

about -6 and really bitter in the wind

• Like 3

Posted

2 happy teenagers in my house tonight. They got sent home from school before lunch today and have just found out school is closed tomorrow. Food cupboards full, kids happy, hubby working from home, plenty of gin and beer. Bring it on ❄❄❄

• Like 6

Posted
31 minutes ago, Black Rat said:

Working away this week, currently in a hotel just outside of Wokingham, 

Had some decent snow showers yesterday, and it still makes me smile when people were watching the snow in the office, loads of people with smiles on their faces, people talking to people they wouldn't normally speak with, wish it could snow everyday - for me it just brings people together

NB - From my hotel room I can see light snow blowing around in the air, hoping I'll get some decent snow tomorrow in my current location, obviously would rather by home (Frome) in front of the log fire :D

Good luck to everyone on the SW tomorrow

If your in the coppid beach or Hilton you can always pop to the John Nike ski slope!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I feel like a kid the night before Christmas right now!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Night guys, see you nice and early lol. That's if I can sleep.

It’ll take all the beer in Cardiff to Rock me off to sleep, I’m wired lol

good luck with that ?

Posted
Just now, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

2 happy teenagers in my house tonight. They got sent home from school before lunch today and have just found out school is closed tomorrow. Food cupboards full, kids happy, hubby working from home, plenty of gin and beer. Bring it on ❄❄❄

Has Christmas came early or late? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, windseeker said:

good cm of snow here near Basingstoke in last couple of hours, looks like more spreading from the east.

That's what being under a streamer does. As long as it's over land not sat over open water. 

Posted

The wind in Salcombe this evening is utterly brutal. We are up near the top of town and facing towards the estuary, so the wind is blowing right into our direction. You can feel it getting through every single gap in the insulation and windows!

All indications are the wind is not going to die down at all, so if we do have heavy snow it's probably going to cause carnage with drifting. Thankfully the schools are closed already for tomorrow, personally I think they will be shut on Friday as well. But we will see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
Just now, Super_Uwe said:

The wind in Salcombe this evening is utterly brutal. We are up near the top of town and facing towards the estuary, so the wind is blowing right into our direction. You can feel it getting through every single gap in the insulation and windows!

All indications are the wind is not going to die down at all, so if we do have heavy snow it's probably going to cause carnage with drifting. Thankfully the schools are closed already for tomorrow, personally I think they will be shut on Friday as well. But we will see!

Can you promise me pretty pics of Salcombe in the snow tomorrow please? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Cheers for that, I agree RE: ECM.

france Radar is top of my priority list tonight.wife is bottom ??

Lol I think the ppn moving west from London is been pushed from the impending fronts, unstable air aloft, lowering pressure in association with the front, I'm convinced it's a surface wave the models hasn't picked up on, at 5pm tonight i studied the radar hard and the the ppn on the east near Ipswich was heading north west, whilst my showers inland were direct east and the showers round the wash was heading south west, it looked like a small circulation, I'm not saying I'm right becaise that circular motion is no more but a surface feature born in the instability of upper air and lowering heights is my guess but hey I'm just an amauture.

Maybe @knocker can give us his thoughts? 

Regards 

S

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Has Christmas came early or late? :rofl:

Well if we get what's forecst for my neck of the woods, it'll be all my Christmases for the last 8 years come at once. ??

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Super_Uwe said:

Don't laugh, but sellotape helps. You can peel it off later. :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

I really can’t wait to see how tomorrow’s event pans out down here in Poole!! The latest gfs update has upgraded for my area should get a nice covering fingers crossed

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
1 minute ago, Argyle1980 said:

That channel steamer is edging closer to the south coast once again. Surely not again ?

You mean "surely not again" that it will skirt along the Solent, happily missing both the mainland and the IoW? Yeah, that'll happen!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Argyle1980 said:

That channel steamer is edging closer to the south coast once again. Surely not again ?

Looks that way.  We are right on the edge of the radar and I can confirm a few flakes blowing in the wind again.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Willsy said:

I really can’t wait to see how tomorrow’s event pans out down here in Poole!! The latest gfs update has upgraded for my area should get a nice covering fingers crossed

Absolutey I'm in poole gfs was my main worry it now agrees with the other models. Can sleep easy now tonight! Looking very good Now! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

@Mapantz any snow falling? I’m on the edge and have the odd flurry in the wind!