Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
12 minutes ago, Kreftysoton said:

Final nail in the coffin for soton, light snow tomorrow, dry on friday. Met office now downgraded and 5.30pm bbc forecast was horrendous for soton. Give up........

I think most wish you would. 

IMG_0662.PNG

Posted

I am feeling apprehensive with the ever changing forecasts and charts.  More hopeful for something on Friday for my area rather than tomorrow. Its a mess at the moment and will come down to now casting.  I am resigned to seeing what falls out of the sky lol.  Hope the ECM can cheer me up with a more East correction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons
9 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Guess a long time holiday haunt of mine, Stoke Fleming, just outside Dartmouth woulfdve been hit today? My bro has a house in SF, where he stays every w/e.

Should imagine SF did okay today! Nothing here in Colyton - been watching the line of showers all day, they have been stuck on the channel by-pass a few miles off shore!! A traffic jam of snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Let's hope this is wrong?!

viewimage.thumb.png.778c55483c0a9c311fad1721b5b163f6.png

Fear not, a big clue in the highlighted bit....It's telling porkies!

viewimage.png.78cf808922a9e59377ae3c6f65ecd05d.thumb.png.f974ae16c250008b5f6e0218467c484d.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

High-res NMM model looking much better to me, a slight push eastwards.

This is 4pm tomorrow, 12z first, 6z second.

12z.png

6z.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

So - at last the Somerset snow shield may be broken. Green grass all week - even our AstroTurf thawed this morning allowing a chilly game of hockey as per normal, and rugby training has gone on as normal Monday and Tuesday... while the rest of the uk slips and slides...but it would appear we are on the cusp of 48 hours of winter interest.

Good grief - it’s been a long wait and very hard going... but by bedtime tomorrow a covering of snow looks certain. Happy days... ?

Edited by Catacol
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, iowpompeylee said:

:diablo::help::spiteful:

AE669BF1-7EDE-499D-AE45-C395BB850F98.png

Certainly hope so mate. Everything crossed from here on in ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
2 minutes ago, sclarke said:

There is now early potential for a Channel Low on Saturday. The models are chaos right now.

yes, just seen that on the ECM, disruption of the parent azores/sw approaches LP causes a daughter LP to form further east along the Channel.......happy days if that verifies!

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
6 minutes ago, Catacol said:

So - at last the Somerset snow shield may be broken. Green grass all week - even our AstroTurf thawed this morning allowing a chilly game of hockey as per normal, and rugby training has gone on as normal Monday and Tuesday... while the rest of the uk slips and slides...but it would appear we are on the cusp of 48 hours of winter interest.

Good grief - it’s been a long wait and very hard going... but by bedtime tomorrow a covering of snow looks certain. Happy days... ?

Couldn’t agree more Cat, 

Frome just it’s heaviest shower all week 

stopped now but left a covering blowing all over the place 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Damn im so nervous about this....

Please let this be our time.. :unsure2:

• Like 7

Posted
10 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Surprised you didn’t get any last night, we had a shower which left a sprinkling which the radar showed going straight over Welly too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
Just now, Nights King said:

Damn im so nervous about this....

Please let this be our time.. :unsure2:

With your altitude, you are as certain as you can be to get at least a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

OMG I CANT HOLD IT IN PLEASE HURRRRRRRRRY UUUUUUUUUUUUUP I WAS DYING OF EXCITEMENT INSIDE AND NOW ITS ESCAPED!:yahoo::bomb:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

What’s the ECM playing with :shok:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, AWD said:

With your altitude, you are as certain as you can be to get at least a covering.

But I want my blizzard... I have never seen a more perfect set up.... it is -6c ooutside, ground is like concrete, strong wind and now I just need the ppn :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Something going on the mod thread regarding the ecm, nick sussex really likes it anyway lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

BBC forecast and MET office forecast for my location are very different.  Loving the MET, who will be right because one of them is going to be very wrong.

• Like 1

Posted

The ecm has light snow around 0600 along the south west coast spreading north during the day with main wodge Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and into central South Wales Turning to rain in Cornwall by the evening. The lighter snow further NE/E.Then a pause in the proceedings before the next front arrives Friday morning

• Like 3