Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

The Home and Dry app; it has been pretty accurate (for me) at least over the past few days predicting the showers and what not.

Oh I see thanks, I wonder what model it's based from? GFS does not appear to be predicting this feature even on the higher-res charts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

As we closer to D Day I'm getting more and more worried. Twitchy bum time here while streetlamp watching tonight and tomorrow morning. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I wonder what the chances are of them actually giving Fergie enough time to do a proper forecast tonight? Last night seemed to be banal story, followed by the briefest of forecasts before rushing onto the king of banality, The One Show.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

anybody else met office not updated for ages?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

anybody else met office not updated for ages?

Mine updated at 3pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

-2 here already. Half the schools in this area are closing at lunchtime tomorrow. So you could imagine the kids are all getting excited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
23 minutes ago, jethro said:

It's blowing a right hoolie here, wind has really picked up over the last half an hour or so making it feel even colder. The stray cat is still living in my porch although I'm glad to report now MUCH chunkier thanks to all the food it's been scoffing. It resolutely refused to go anywhere near the cat bed I bought it so I ended up making it a shelter, just been out and wrapped it up with even more layers, probably in danger of suffocating now :oops:I am a bit concerned though, my porch faces east, snow incoming and blowing a hoolie, hope he doesn't get buried in a snow drift.

Bless you, jethro. Hopefully he will see sense and come indoors to make himself at home in front of the fire - until spring comes, at least. I've failed to home a feral Tom myself and i know how hard it is to see them refuse the home comforts our domestic moggies expect as their due... ?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, nettie said:

-2 here already. Half the schools in this area are closing at lunchtime tomorrow. So you could imagine the kids are all getting excited.

My cousin's school said they will evaluate the forecast for the rest of the day and make a decision before 7am tomorrow; I bet they will close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
22 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

ROFL:rofl:

Looks at chart local area snow amount by Friday 1cm...loving it..

Same here, db - preparing myself to be disappointed. Again.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi cheesepuffscott,  that's what my kids said but emails got sent at about 4ish to let us know closing at 1 tomorrow, then they keep us updated for Friday. I was at parents evening last night most teachers were hoping for a snow day Friday lol

Posted

Just started snowing hard here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind
21 minutes ago, divadee said:

As we closer to D Day I'm getting more and more worried. Twitchy bum time here while streetlamp watching tonight and tomorrow morning. 

The main event is not due until 3pm, so do not get worried too early. There may be some light snow before that, but I'm not sure it will amount to much.

Edited by Theresnoway
Grammer!
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nettie said:

Just started snowing hard here

I am observing the netweather radar too and it looks like there's a nice band heading my way (soon-ish), hope it doesn't change course.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Andy hoyland said:

3C2E9AC2-2342-47BB-8007-120B4220BF26.png

That's almost as good as the one app I have and it had Bournemouth down for a blizzard this morning with it being bright sunshine. I really thought the daily rag was getting first hand information today as it predicted snow at 11am and again at 2PM, it's now 5pm and I'm still waiting, oh and maintain they use the met office for their information....hmmmmm :doh:

I remain sceptical to be honest until tomorrow, I've seen way too many failures in these sorts of set ups in this area. Of course a drive into Devon might be worth it tomorrow..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
27 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Oh I see thanks, I wonder what model it's based from? GFS does not appear to be predicting this feature even on the higher-res charts.

I think this looks at the last few radar returns and as you go out into future it shows its projected path.. This doesn't take into consideration change of wind conditions, just what has happened previously if you get my drift? 

Posted

Snow easing off again it's like a rollercoster this snow watching

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Incredible how that line of showers in the channel has stayed in the same place nearly all day, just South Hams, SW Devon and tip of Cornwall affected.

You would think that with an E-SE wind they would have come inland a tad! Maybe later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Mmmmm.......  I think I am going to like tonights 12z EURO4.......

• Like 2

Posted

We had a full on blizzard earlier, lasted all of 10 minutes, everything covered and that was that, a few flakes blowing around in the wind currently, looking forward to tomorrow!!

Posted

I am getting up early tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

6z Euro 4. 12z rolling as i type... 

5a96e9e9e514b_euro4.thumb.gif.2bb0431558c3295f94ab68b5dafb3844.gif 5a96e9ede0278_euro42..thumb.gif.937506cb4f309750f90bc9d225a3cbff.gif 5a96e9f27b8d8_euro43.thumb.gif.5e53c07f28ebf717797ee67c6afdecc0.gif 5a96e9f6912da_euro4.4.thumb.gif.10be284ecc3c6e6ace140a25f99099c1.gif 5a96ea1750a7e_euro4acc.thumb.gif.fa9fb93db10b29fc11367930256903a7.gif

EDIT- Thats the 6z scrap that! 

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
2 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

We had a full on blizzard earlier, lasted all of 10 minutes, everything covered and that was that, a few flakes blowing around in the wind currently, looking forward to tomorrow!!

Same here too! Looking at the radar it looked like it should've been a light snow shower but it came down hard.

Imagine when the proper stuff gets here :help:

• Like 1