Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
56 minutes ago, AWD said:

0z Arpege for Thursday evenings rush hour;

DXHA_QZX4AAvjpx.thumb.jpeg.93ccf0119c18f8b05309e1a12689b273.jpeg

That's going to cause a lot of problems for commuters if that verifies.  Widespread heavy snowfall in strong winds.

DXHA_QZX4AAvjpx.thumb.jpeg.93ccf0119c18f8b05309e1a12689b273.jpeg.69b8e5f548ae9000774b4cb2a1be9c6c.jpeg    :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Kreftysoton said:

Massive downgrade across all sites for southampton snow now guess the models are pushing it west. This week has been very very disappointing....

Looks ok at the moment, light snow to start the day

25CB6ED7-1088-4BBA-9C29-36FE02E914F8.jpeg

Very brief update: I may have been too conservative just now: My earlier predictions (from the last 2 days may have been right after all). Just look at the streamer lengthening again and strengthening during the last hour. The convective activity is still there and adding to it from the east-south-east. Loads of smaller shower echos showing east and south of the coasts up to Brighton. Today's snow may be more widespread after all as it all edges northwards. Just 4 quick charts:

0800                                                              Live                                                                 0620                                                        0920

s1802280800_uk.png         lastsnowradar_uk.gif    5a9679553bc09_0630radar.thumb.png.3020f21013fb047688bfdad8aa87b6bf.png   snrad3.thumb.png.b93e9bb58bac04c2d6e2a7b23385ecaf.png

I've got to do some work now but keep an eye on that radar - looking very interesting again.  David

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
9 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Just catching up. What is latest for tom and Friday, guys?

Bristol on edge of main snow or right in firing line? Regards

Screenshot_20180228-095408.png

Screenshot_20180228-095427.png

Thursday is a full on snow day according to that, starting  around 7am and getting very heavy late afternoon and all the way through until the early hours of Friday. 

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
7 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Just catching up. What is latest for tom and Friday, guys?

Bristol on edge of main snow or right in firing line? Regards

I just had a quick follow up and it seems even better for us this morning. Pretty much bang on the firing line.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice heavy shower of snow, powdery, for 30 minutes.  Covering road and roofs.  Stopping now though.  Black snow clouds out to sea, I’m within view of the sea.  -3 at 6.30am.  Very cold wind.   Ooh, it’s started snowing again!

Posted

Wow, what a start to the morning in Salcombe! Currently blizzard conditions once again here. About 3-4cm fallen so far, you'd imagine that could easily double later on today. Bearing in mind the worst isn't supposed to be today either...:nea:

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Argyle1980 said:

Game on! Just started to snow . Gerrans village south Cornwall . 

Wayno 

Glad to see the Cornish contingency is finally getting a bit of snow, assuming  that's what you're wishing for of course. Hope this is just the Beginning for you. 

Posted

Heavy snow with drifting in St Keverne (on the Lizard) and looks like more coming!

Will post a pic when I can find some mobile reception :)

Edited by Jeckers
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Cornwall and Southern parts of East Devon is the place to be today for that steamer in the channel by the looks of it. 

Beginning to wish I was in my second home of St. Ives in Cornwall today, they look like being hit later if that steamer stays on course and intensity. That will cause utter carnage there as it's a very hilly area for walkways and roads! 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Super_Uwe said:

Wow, what a start to the morning in Salcombe! Currently blizzard conditions once again here. About 3-4cm fallen so far, you'd imagine that could easily double later on today. Bearing in mind the worst isn't supposed to be today either...:nea:

I'm loving these reports from the south coast. Nothing here where I am but at least some of you snow starved people are getting something, however feel free to share ??

Posted
7 minutes ago, Tonyinhampshire said:

Yep, looks like Dorset Westwards like 1978 1981. Snow. Dump in France. Hampshire in a pizza slice of no snow. Snow everywhere else

:nonono:are you saying we will get nothing.....surely not.....please say that’s not true :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, Chul said:

:nonono:are you saying we will get nothing.....surely not.....please say that’s not true :angry:

That’s not what the charts posted on the last page showed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

Was greated by trafic jams whilst trying to get to the gym at 9.30 this morning so turned around and gave up. It's not even bloody snowed yet! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

I'm loving these reports from the south coast. Nothing here where I am but at least some of you snow starved people are getting something, however feel free to share ??

Been snowing on and of in plym too. Don't worry it's coming at ya!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Snowing at Royal Bournemouth H ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

The snow keeps getting later and later for tomorrow. Started at 3am, then 5am and now 7am. I need it to be thick by 6am or work wont close.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeckers said:

Heavy snow with drifting in St Keverne (on the Lizard) and looks like more coming!

Will post a pic when I can find some mobile reception :)

Sign of a true cold snap if it snows on the lizzard. Fantastic!