Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Interestingly the temperature dropped from  1.0°C to -0.5°C during that shower. 

Posted

I see you guys and girls are under amber for later this week - good luck you all deserve it. The snow drought has been broken here, about an hour ago, there was an insanely heavy snow shower and it gave a light covering. Even in central London shows just how cold it is aloft. Don’t think I recall anything like it at this time of year. :) 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Nice one @matt111 :D

Another flurry now, the wind seems to have picked up a little.

Radar looking like it has pepped up out east just a bit in the last couple of frames, but I might be imagining that (or hoping).

My temp has also finally dropped below zero again. I'd like to keep hold of some of these flakes as it cools, if I can.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
46 minutes ago, jtay said:

Rear windscreen wiper has gone on the OH's. I was hoping it'd be a fuse, but the book of words suggest it's driven straight from the ECU... which sounds pricey.

Yup, OH (MOT tester) confirms rear wiper is not testable. And he's a b*****d! x

Edited by katemart
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Radar looking like it has pepped up out east just a bit in the last couple of frames, but I might be imagining that (or hoping).

I think they have. Also there’s a few light bits near Southampton ahead of those that have just appeared from nowhere. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, katemart said:

Yup, OH (MOT tester) confirms rear wiper is not testable. And he's a b*****d! x

Woohoo! Thank you.

And we now have a dusting from that last shower.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A few patches on the pavement and a covering on the grass. Expect some more showers soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Good to see snow starved places having a starter before the main event. :cold:

Less than 48 hours away now. :yahoo:  I'll rest a lot easier if they move the tick up a box (or two) tomorrow.

111.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
3 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Good to see snow starved places having a starter before the main event. :cold:

Less than 48 hours away now. :yahoo:  I'll rest a lot easier if they move the tick up a box (or two) tomorrow.

111.jpg

We need to remember that the warning is not for snow, its for the disruption. I am pretty certain that most in the region of the warning will see snow on Thurs and Fri, its the amounts, and the wind, etc that will dictate the level of warning involved.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, warmintim said:

We need to remember that the warning is not for snow, its for the disruption. I am pretty certain that most in the region of the warning will see snow on Thurs and Fri, its the amounts, and the wind, etc that will dictate the level of warning involved.

and the added risk of freezing rain!

• Like 1

Posted

Revenge at last..my cat Big Ted has been a nightmare,since I made the mistake of promoting him to Head Of Security,his demands got out of hand,double bikkies for weekend work,rat and mouse allowance,peaked cap with Boss written on it so......I remembered I rescued him via the RSPCA,he was a house imprisoned cat and although he uses the garden he has NEVER seen snow,so with snow coming down he was eased into the garden lol...he didn't know what to do,paws being lifted up and down with the cold,not so smart now Teddy boy eh,the door was left far enough ajar to renegotiate his terms,all is well,all thanks to this lovely snow,hes at the desk now,purring,and trying to stop me typing this lol 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, khodds said:

Round 2 about to start!  Earlier snow melted though.. booo

Crazy, as given the cold temperatures how quickly the snow melts ...! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 minutes ago, offerman said:

Crazy, as given the cold temperatures how quickly the snow melts ...! 

I know - so depressing!!

Posted

Had three showers today: A light flurry then a snow/graupel shower which looked like it got strong SW of me and then another short snow flurry. They left a dusting in shaded areas but its now melted. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
5 minutes ago, warmintim said:

But the snow is one of the main factors of the disruption? Basically the same thing.