Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Ideally this needs to be agreed upon tomorrow afternoon, 24 hours before as people need notice of potential hazards.

Agreed, however, this is an extremely complicated setup and i don't envy the met office for calling this. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Well. WELL! For the first time, I can no longer see blue sky at all and it is coming down thick and fast and my garden table already has a covering in just a few short minutes. It is settling and sticking on everything and blowing about. Huge flakes! Am I in heaven? :give_rose:

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Good Job!

Admittedly, the last one looks like I'm trying to conceal a body. It'll do a job though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Heavy snow again. 

Must be settling too then smartie?

Posted

Flakes in the wind here but all around 'me' there are loads of heavy shower cloud so near here must be getting decent showers at mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 minutes ago, slinky1989 said:

Practically a blizzard in swindon! Very heavy shower. Got a cm now in less than 10-15mins.

looks like another one just coming out of Highworth.........should be here hopefully soon as well :)

Posted
44 minutes ago, wiltshire weather said:

HIRLAM short range updated for the 6z - takes us up to Thursday and shows a lot of what @Bring Back1962-63 alluded to in his excellent analysis earlier (please go and read it if you can, it's on page 106 of this thread).

tempresult_iec3.gif

Looks like @knocker may be getting buried :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

20180227_125217.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, sherrie said:

All our snow has gone for Weds now, was down for heavy snow showers but that' just changed to nothing but bright sun...I don' get involved with weather stuff much only did this time as I'm going somewhere Friday but it' total madness!!

Hello,perhaps this will cheer you up a little :) I was going to mention tomorrow's snow again in my next update this afternoon. Ignore the removed weather warnings which can often be quite fickle. The snow streamer is getting much more intense now and Guernsey should get a foot or more of snow in just a few hours today. That streamer "should" turn its attention on most us in the mainland West Country early tomorrow as the wind and flow swing "should" (in fact highly likely) into a more east-south-easterly direction which would be the perfect scenario (as per my detailed post on page 106 this morning). I think we'll see an amber warning for us issued by late this evening for all of tomorrow. With this snow fix, many should then be less concerned about Thursday which could either be a memorable blizzard or a complete flop.  Enjoy.   David

EDIT: latest working radar:

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms

10 mins difference, sun back out but the odd flake falling. Where the sun can't reach the earlier snow still lies on the garden.

Are trains likely to be affected Friday? My niece is supposed to be coming down from Nottingham for the weekend.

IMG_20180227_121628.jpg

IMG_20180227_123121.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

These showers need a little bit more umphh to them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
10 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Am I in heaven? :give_rose:

If you are can I join you? :rofl:

Still too much blue sky here for my liking although there a few darker clouds around.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, Andrew_WSM said:

10 mins difference, sun back out but the odd flake falling. Where the sun can't reach the earlier snow still lies on the garden.

Are trains likely to be affected Friday? My niece is supposed to be coming down from Nottingham for the weekend.

IMG_20180227_121628.jpg

IMG_20180227_123121.jpg

To answer your question in simple terms... it depends how much snow falls on the tracks :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Not entirely sure if the scale of this is in mm or cm, but here's the accumulated precipitation for Thurs going into Friday from the ARPEGE 6z:

tempresult_osw7.gif

Seems to match up with the warning area quite well.

Edited by wiltshire weather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
7 minutes ago, tomjwlx said:

Has the radar got stuck?

It got stuck over an hour ago and it’s been doing strange things since. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Plenty of snow showers around, even where there are no clouds lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
10 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Must be settling too then smartie?

It is yeah, nice to see but now I want more snow lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
6 minutes ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

Hello,perhaps this will cheer you up a little :) I was going to mention tomorrow's snow again in my next update this afternoon. Ignore the removed weather warnings which can often be quite fickle. The snow streamer is getting much more intense now and Guernsey should get a foot or more of snow in just a few hours today. That streamer "should" turn its attention on most us in the mainland West Country early tomorrow as the wind and flow swing "should" (in fact highly likely) into a more east-south-easterly direction which would be the perfect scenario (as per my detailed post on page 106 this morning). I think we'll see an amber warning for us issued by late this evening for all of tomorrow. With this snow fix, many should then be less concerned about Thursday which could either be a memorable blizzard or a complete flop.  Enjoy.   David

Are you thinking for northern parts of Somerset too though David? We are quite far in land (I’m south of mendip) so it won’t make it this far I don’t think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
37 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Nothing further south in somerset as yet. Looks quite good for bristol area..

Did you not have that shower earlier NK? Was quite heavy for a time