Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Maybe there’s a chance we can completely avoid the milder air and keep it all snow for all. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
1 hour ago, jtay said:

Hello @katemart,

What are your thoughts on Saints this year? Do you think they're going to get out of it?
Stoke on Saturday looks like a six pointer already. The way they're playing, I suspect they're going to need that superior goal difference in the end.

I'm going to the game on Saturday, but if I'm honest, I'm hoping that it gets called off due to snow; so I can go sledging all day. :reindeer-emoji:

HI jtay, gut feeling says they'll just scrape through. Yes, probably GD on the last day of the season - we've been there a few times before!

I've not been to the ground often (being too poor, then having kids, and being married to a (*whispers*) skate) but I hardly ever even listen to the games these days. Finding it difficult to care anymore, to be honest - being an old fart I remember the good old days when the team had some connection to the local area and a little bit of loyalty to the club...

I remember getting all wrapped up to go see an evening kick-off against the Hammers back in the early 90s and it got cancelled cos the pitch was frozen and we ended up getting slaughtered in the Magnum, wearing our coats and scarves... I hope you get to sledging or at least see a decent game. It must be miserable for the players to be expected to perform in shorts and t-shirt :cold::cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
1 minute ago, Somerset Squall said:

ICON and GFS have adjusted the low south, ICON in particular keeping the cold air in place through Friday.

Upgrade for our region? We're still involved in the action and more chance of PPN falling as snow Friday & Saturday.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, MidnightSnow said:

Upgrade for our region? We're still involved in the action and more chance of PPN falling as snow Friday & Saturday.

Yes if I’m reading it right this afternoons runs so far almost have it all snow for everyone again. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
1 minute ago, MidnightSnow said:

To my untrained eye these runs looks better for not letting the mild air so far north and keeping us colder for longer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
7 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Do I see things becoming more positive again in the MAD thread? Not many posting in there but still. 

Yep - much improved ICON and GFS looks to be following the same idea... Snow line moving south, less marginal for us South-Westers. Might the bigger threat be snow not getting far enough north???:aggressive:

Posted
1 minute ago, Somerset Squall said:

To my untrained eye these runs looks better for not letting the mild air so far north and keeping us colder for longer. 

Yes, a correction SW on ICON and i think GFS is also taken things that way.  Fax chart updates will be the important ones, will give us an idea if the MetO concur. 

Posted
1 minute ago, warmintim said:

Yep - much improved ICON and GFS looks to be following the same idea... Snow line moving south, less marginal for us South-Westers. Might the bigger threat be snow not getting far enough north???:aggressive:

This is my only worry. As long as there are no more trends further south, I think the whole of our region is laughing.

• Like 1

Posted

This doesn’t look like rain. :D

8BDCB25A-6BA3-43BC-92E5-E44A135C1DC4.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
6 minutes ago, knocker said:

Wind veering on Weds -EPIC :shok:

overview_048.jpg?2018022612

Expand on EPIC Knocker, we could have a very different view of EPIC lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

So I leave for an hour and it all changes. What have I missed? 

Posted
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

Wind veering on Weds -EPIC :shok:

overview_048.jpg?2018022612

Please explain Knocker? :cc_confused:  I get that Storm Emma is possibly going to be deflected by the high into Ireland, and we want it to go NE into our region but I can't read charts....

Posted
1 minute ago, divadee said:

So I leave for an hour and it all changes. What have I missed? 

I'm no expert but everything has shifted further SW. Keeps us in the cold for longer and more chance of snow Friday / Saturday,

Edited by MidnightSnow
  • Like 2

Posted

Still shows freezing rain later on though. But less snow melting sort of rain. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

This doesn’t look like rain. :D

8BDCB25A-6BA3-43BC-92E5-E44A135C1DC4.gif

BANK!!! With much grovelling to my poor OH who is working in Worthing until 6pm on Friday :oops:

Posted
Just now, katemart said:

Please explain Knocker? :cc_confused:  I get that Storm Emma is possibly going to be deflected by the high into Ireland, and we want it to go NE into our region but I can't read charts....

Think Knocker is having a tounge in cheek moment about some of the language that gets used in the Mod thread.  The chart he has posted is showing showers (snow) likely along the south coast on wed because the wind has veered (moved counter clockwise from E to  a SE direction) and will run them inland off the channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

On and off flurries today on IOW things looking good for Thursday Friday to hopefully see a bit more than a few light flurries!

Posted
1 minute ago, Black Rat said:

Netweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS Image

Looking very positive for Friday...... 

Bankety-Bank.

Not often I'm in the sweet spot.

Posted
1 minute ago, swebby said:

Think Knocker is having a tounge in cheek moment about some of the language that gets used in the Mod thread.  The chart he has posted is showing showers (snow) likely along the south coast on wed because the wind has veered (moved counter clockwise from E to  a SE direction) and will run them inland off the channel.

Thanks, swebby. More emoticons needed...

• Like 1