Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

I'm enjoying the weather today, it's amusing me. Bright sunshine & warmth one minute, overcast and dandruff-like snowflakes the next. No, it's not a blizzard, nor is it settling, but there are flakes and that will do for me for now. Anything more is a bonus :yahoo:

Desperate times and all that... :closedeyes:

Posted
1 minute ago, Purplepixii said:

I'm enjoying the weather today, it's amusing me. Bright sunshine & warmth one minute, overcast and dandruff-like snowflakes the next. No, it's not a blizzard, nor is it settling, but there are flakes and that will do for me for now. Anything more is a bonus :yahoo:

Same here. One minute there's not a cloud in the sky and you think that's it for the day then it clouds over and we have a few flakes. I know that's the nature of showers before anyone says anything but the contrast is quite amazing as the little purplely one has said!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

just for the record... we have across the NW Forum currently ... watch those numbers increase this week...woo hoo! ..there are lot of Guests?

Who's Online   683 Members, 12 Anonymous, 2,121 Guests

Posted
8 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Good Tweets there @Daniel*.. you've just got yourself another follower :good:

recently blown up thanks to the beast... had 200 followers not long ago. Just started snowing here again, here so far I’d say it’s better than I expected it.

clumps coming for the West Country a while off but they’re coming in your direction.

171AB46D-EAE7-4C54-A7FB-36245CB60432.thumb.png.fb0d5f58830aa170f75880787d52f31a.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

1.9c & dp -5.9c

snowing very lightly again..

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

Opinions are like a*rseholes - everyone's got one (& is entitled to one).

Indeed but to quote Moynihan, nearly, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts".

• Like 2

Posted

I’ve seen more snow falling today than I have for about 5 years :crazy:

• Like 5

Posted

Two convergence zones on the Fax chart for tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.4196e2d4c57256397a11dab54fe755c6.png

Darren Bett just referred to the one in the East as the 'Thames Tinkler'.

Lord Reith must be spinning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

1.9c & dp -5.9c

snowing very lightly again..

Can you stop hogging them all? :diablo:

1.0°C with a DP of -5.1°C here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
18 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

If someone cannot understand that the BBC forecasts are worse than the Met Office', then that's not my problem. We have a whole thread dedicated to how crap they've become: 

Absoloutely spit on bbc seem really crap compared to

meto.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Right you friendly bunch - wasn't there a netweather social hashtag or something where you can tweet when it is snowing in your area and it plants it on a map? I cant remember if I imagined this, or forgot it, or as I am so slow on social media it is now obsolete.. Can anyone help me please? If there was would love to see the region get peppered with locations with snow marks over next few days. Then at least, if I don't get any, at least I know someone nearby has. :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Apps lololol

mine went from rain to this

this would

be 42cm of snow for Frome 

highly unlikely but hope im wrong ?❄️❄️❄️?????

C0DEA8F9-6A35-4A6A-AD36-8F27302B78E1.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
Just now, Polar Bear said:

Right you friendly bunch - wasn't there a netweather social hashtag or something where you can tweet when it is snowing in your area and it plants it on a map? I cant remember if I imagined this, or forgot it, or as I am so slow on social media it is now obsolete.. Can anyone help me please? If there was would love to see the region get peppered with locations with snow marks over next few days. Then at least, if I don't get any, at least I know someone nearby has. :good:

#uksnow. Site with the map on is www.uksnowmap.com

If you're on Twitter there are some beautiful pics of a snowy Rome.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I don’t know about a Netweather one but there is uksnowmap.com 

What @katemart said ^^

Edited by matt111
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I’ll be keeping my eye on this over the next 30 mins to see how it develops. That’s the most organised area of showers that’s shown up on radar today!

1E7829C9-D77C-40AC-A1D4-E0F61298559D.thumb.jpeg.c3203956fa120d6876b275904c51eddb.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

A few flakes earlier here now and again blowing in the wind.
A beautiful sunny day amongst the cloud, 1.9c dewpoint of -5 to -7.
Was up Locks Heath over lunchtime a fair few light showers falling there on and off.
Just been told they have started again there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Very light snow on and off in Freshwater since 12:10. I hope for a great blizzard like 1881 or the one 10 years later come Thursday and Friday.

But if we get a few inches all week i'll be happy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Really cloudy here now. Plenty of darker clouds E/NE of here. Hoping we can get a flurry or brief snow shower before the afternoon is out!

• Like 1

Posted

Just watched the weather on bbc weather looks depressing for southampton. Snow showers tues morn south east. Heavy band of snow north east through north england then mid wales. Then wed snow focus is scotland. Then thurs all snow out west and low moving up to north england giving southampton rain...depressing if i cant get snow with this cold set up how will i ever.....resignes to it now 

Posted
1 minute ago, Kreftysoton said:

Just watched the weather on bbc weather looks depressing for southampton. Snow showers tues morn south east. Heavy band of snow north east through north england then mid wales. Then wed snow focus is scotland. Then thurs all snow out west and low moving up to north england giving southampton rain...depressing if i cant get snow with this cold set up how will i ever.....resignes to it now 

Yep all turned into your usual non event with far to much hype as usual. Biggest lesson learnt this year! 

• Like 1

Posted

Don't give up yet. The models all have the low on a slightly different track, yes it may go Pete Tong but it is too early to write it off.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

If it doesn't happen then it really is bad luck. This is the only set up where snow can happen in huge amounts down here. Start of the week that low was spinning across us and was looking good, for whatever reason and i would love to know why it has decided to bank west over ireland exposing us to warmer temperatures. Chin up you never know. At least these easterly out breaks can still happen many people think these type of weather set ups were dead in the water. This is has proven otherwise and gives hope to the future. :)

Posted
17 minutes ago, katemart said:

#uksnow. Site with the map on is www.uksnowmap.com

If you're on Twitter there are some beautiful pics of a snowy Rome.

Hello @katemart,

What are your thoughts on Saints this year? Do you think they're going to get out of it?
Stoke on Saturday looks like a six pointer already. The way they're playing, I suspect they're going to need that superior goal difference in the end.

I'm going to the game on Saturday, but if I'm honest, I'm hoping that it gets called off due to snow; so I can go sledging all day. :reindeer-emoji:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Funny that, just a few minutes ago you said this: Important to remember that they do still use all models

Cherna-facepalm.gif

*added to the ignore list 

Hi i found this for wareham and says snow for thursday what do you think? mapantz check this has to be a good sign i hope https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/wareham/bh20-4/daily-weather-forecast/327671?day=4