Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Driving back into Salcombe earlier it is definitely pretty gloomy looking out to sea. 

Am keeping a beady eye on the trail of showers out in the Channel - it looks like they are starting to pivot around a little bit? May well see a bit of dandruff later this afternoon!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think it's a positive that people are reporting snow already.

Hopefully more and more showers will make it further West as the day progresses.

Posted

Nothing here in SW Devon on the outskirts of Plymouth at the moment.  Low of -0.5 overnight, rose to +2, but now falling again.

If power and communication line survive the ice storm, there should be live 60 second updates from two outside webcams on http://www.caiels.com/,

I think I potentially have front row seats for the  "Beast vs Low"; "Rain vs Snow" battle.  Yea - I know that's the wrong way around, but it rhymes!

Good luck everyone.

Posted

Few flakes in Frome blowing in the wind, going to be away from the region when the real fun starts towards the end of week, from Ian F latest tweet it could get very interesting - Good luck all :-)

IanF tweet below

W COUNTRY Much colder conditions, with v marked wind chill, establish now through Tues-Weds-Thurs. Whilst snow showers/flurries poss anywhere during early-mid week, amounts at that stage generally small. However, during Thurs-Fri, risk of widespread & drifting snow being watched.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Purplepixii said:

Snow showers to my west :nea:

IMG_8807.JPG

Probably the same lot I can see to my north east. 

Posted

EURO4 and GFS for noon today.

image.thumb.png.45065df18dca139c3a30502ff0e4a1a2.pngimage.thumb.png.a825f2739c3da36bb7cb21e3554e742b.png

And we already have this... So re: Western extent and activity, the models have undercooked this on day 1.

image.thumb.png.a4070aa9280050b443ea5ea341ad3036.png

Edit - We have another flurry. :)

Edited by jtay
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp: 1.8°C - Hum: 52% - Dew: -7°C - Apparent Temp: -5.1°C - Wind Chill: -3.1°C - Wet Bulb: -0.8°C - Bar: 1030.00hPa - Wind: ESE ~ ENE @ 13mph, gusting to 27mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

So there we go with more confusion! Portugal have named it Emma, because they got  in their first, it won't be called Hector despite it's interaction with the British Isles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So at the moment I’ve got snow passing through the channel to the south and another line passing to the north while its dry here. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
11 minutes ago, Black Rat said:

I'm all for this naming of storms system, but Mets across Europe need to actually communicate and give a standard naming and category system across the whole of the continent.

I know different effects mean different outcomes of severity across Europe, but all this random naming is causing more confusion imo 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Snowing at the Uni in Bath! Won't settle as not heavy enough but maybe a harbinger for later in the week? Not sure I expected it to snow here today at all, so maybe more chance in the next three days than many realise for those in the west?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well that was an interesting drive! Snow on the M3 all the way to Winchester services! Got very heavy between Basingstoke and Winchester, and pretty hairy on the roads

83D15390-3B81-42B0-BA61-F12A66DB137A.thumb.jpeg.1d2b62ae558156868b462439d9fb1b6c.jpeg

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 7

Posted

Looks like the line running along the M3 has broken up now but the showers are becoming more widespread. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

IT'S SNOWING! Not a lot, but it is snow :-)

• Like 5