Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
18 minutes ago, TheHumph said:

Thanks Nights King. Your point is very pertinent in terms of an Easterly being an irregular event. Everything we're used to about the prevailing weather seems back to front! I have seen some Easterly's in my 54 years but I forget about the drier air as we normally associate them with snow. 

I'm also assuming the models are struggling with the low on Friday for the very same reason - there is not as much data for this kind of situation. Looking at the fax charts and seeing the cold front moving East to West looks kind of weird.

Anyhow, hope all is well beyond the wall and if you could bring us some snow to the South of the Kingdom it would be much appreciated.

P.S. Please leave that ice dragon at home though!

It is really wrong to assume that, or anything come to that. It's a very complex fluid upper pattern at the moment with no shortage of data but the detail will still be difficult to pin down but as far as I can see they are not doing a bad job. Tonight's and tomorrows wave for instance was indicated days ago,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Snowing in Westminster in London if watching gmb is anything to go by. Sod all here though ?

Posted

snowing here at work in Farnborough - got a nice dusting here now. It started as soon as I pulled off the M3 at Junction 4a.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

It is really wrong to assume that, or anything come to that. It's a very complex fluid upper pattern at the moment with no shortage of data but the detail will still be difficult to pin down but as far as I can see they are not doing a bad job. Tonight's and tomorrows wave for instance was indicated days ago,

Perhaps I didn't word that particularly well Knocker and it wasn't meant to be a negative comment just a reflection of my own confused thinking on the matter!. I'm not having a pop at the models and I agree with you that it is a complex situation to get a handle on bearing in mind that situation is still 96 hours away. 

My post was really about how it has warmed up (relatively speaking!) overnight with no frost but Nights King has pointed me in the right direction on that point.

Have a good day Knocks.

Posted

So the beast arrives. Had a walk to the station this morning (Bracknell) cold. The most memorable thing this week will be the cold and windchill. Now on the train to London. It is getting cloudier but no sign of the snow yet. Just near staines.

My patch of Berkshire can do well out of easterlies if a Thames streamer get a going or a channel low incursion or shortwave gets set up. The former seems a good possibility today in tomorrow and we may well get some carrying snow from the northeast tomorrow.

I notice the warning for me don't cover my area at all, all week 

Friday looks to be the main event. Models really differing I'm what will happen. For those watching. The meto is the one we want to come off. Though all would give snow for a time or all of the time in my patch (and I'm just South of the heat element that is the M4.).

Enjoy whatever it brings you.

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, khodds said:

One question though; how can two radars say completely different things? 

0641D114-2239-497F-9F96-BB4FC5750114.png

52E9F4FF-1AB4-47D9-BF7C-F175EA04094E.png

The met is a predictive one the netweather one is the actual radar! Press last 6 hours on the met one to get their radar, however I find the NW one better for showing light showers!

Edited by dec10snow
Extra info
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
6 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

The met is a predictive one the netweather one is the actual radar! Press last 6 hours on the met one to get their radar, however I find the NW one better for showing light showers!

I keep forgetting that ?. NetweatherSnowRadar is the one to stick to then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Getting heavy here now and statt If to settle. looks like it’s all the way down the M3 going by the radar, should be an interesting journey home!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Some flurries in Downton it seems. ;)

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I paid the £3.49 for Netweather extra can't fault it! Find it accurate too.

Never found a way on the netweather apps with either ios or android to pay for the extra bit in the app.
Did try the netweather app, which was same as the website version, like what's already passed through. Tried the netweather extra app and it just showed blank for me no matter what device I tried it on.

Edited by lettice
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lettice said:

Never found a way on the netweather apps with either ios or android to pay for the extra bit in the app.
Did try the netweather app, which was same as the website version, like what's already passed through. Tried the netweather extra app and it just showed blank for me no matter what device I tried it on.

I pay for it directly through the website rather than the app.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I pay for it directly through the website rather than the app.

Ok, I would not be doing that.
Do like the iTunes and Google play subs control options and having the ease and control to turn on and off and not have to provide any card details.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Well that's the only way to pay I think. A lot of people subscribe that way I'm sure.

There’s an app for IOS - it was free when I downloaded it a few days back

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Flurries coming down heavy. No accumulations. Sun is out too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Meanwhile, a clear and sunny start here and -2C.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Well that's the only way to pay I think. A lot of people subscribe that way I'm sure.

Just paid for the radar extra via the website on your recommendation @Jayfromcardiff and it's well worth the £3.49 for the month. Cheers mate. 

• Like 1