Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

0.5c at 2am
Low of -0.9c at 6am and still that now.

Notice this mornings forecasts all have us down for light snow showers tomorrow lunchtime and still throughout the day Thursday, with rain and sleet Friday.

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Has it all gone pear shaped already?

Not a done deal but looking like far south west could do well from Thursdays low. Warm up now looking likely over the weekend. Could change but doubt it now. Tone has been brought down in the weather warning too.

Posted
Just now, Rapodo said:

Not a done deal but looking like far south west could do well from Thursdays low. Warm up now looking likely over the weekend. Could change but doubt it now. Tone has been brought down in the weather warning too.

Hopefully it changes for the best. Never get any luck do we at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sky has a nice pinky-orange colour to the south here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
5 minutes ago, khodds said:

As I said yesterday, it’s down to radar watch and the showers are already further west than I anticipated this morning. Sod going into the MAD thread - it’ll be like committing suicide ?

Several posters convinced gfs has breakdown nailed... People screaming no frost and what cold spell. :rofl:

I shall stay out until 12z and see if models start to smell coffee and deal with cold block properly. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Several posters convinced gfs has breakdown nailed... People screaming no frost and what cold spell. :rofl:

I shall stay out until 12z and see if models start to smell coffee and deal with cold block properly. :hi:

I'm still not convinced that it's all bad news for the end of the week. Especially if we get some snow cover down that'll keep temperatures lower.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

It’s crazy ?. I’m remaining in here and the short term thread @knocker has posted a good one in there this morning; showers possible here today and tomorrow so it’s all good IMO

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

It’s crazy ?. I’m remaining in here and the short term thread @knocker has posted a good one in there this morning; showers possible here today and tomorrow so it’s all good IMO

That is the plan I have. Stay in here and the short term thread. The MAD thread will send you thus if you allow it to. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jason74 said:

That is the plan I have. Stay in here and the short term thread. The MAD thread will send you thus if you allow it to. 

Yes. It’s judt not worth it. I’m crazy enough as it is without stepping foot into there ?

Posted

One question though; how can two radars say completely different things? 

0641D114-2239-497F-9F96-BB4FC5750114.png

52E9F4FF-1AB4-47D9-BF7C-F175EA04094E.png

Posted
20 minutes ago, Nights King said:

What forms frost..  Moisture! What's unusual for us about an easterly continental flow.... It's bone dry! So you won't get condensation or a frost like the one your used to seeing in damp UK. 

I assure you there is a hard frost have a look at any standing water it will be frozen. 

Thanks Nights King. Your point is very pertinent in terms of an Easterly being an irregular event. Everything we're used to about the prevailing weather seems back to front! I have seen some Easterly's in my 54 years but I forget about the drier air as we normally associate them with snow. 

I'm also assuming the models are struggling with the low on Friday for the very same reason - there is not as much data for this kind of situation. Looking at the fax charts and seeing the cold front moving East to West looks kind of weird.

Anyhow, hope all is well beyond the wall and if you could bring us some snow to the South of the Kingdom it would be much appreciated.

P.S. Please leave that ice dragon at home though!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Rapodo said:

Is it me or does this seem to be coming much further inland already than expected? Look like one coming down the m3 north past Southampton already. 

Yes they are. All is good in the hood.

• Like 1

Posted

Light snow shower here in north east Hampshire. I hope this is the first of many over the next few days and that we get at least a covering at some point. However, I fear that a few flurries here and there is all that we get before Thursday evening. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, jessandjon said:

Good morning! I looked in the “other” thread then came back out............it’s currently 0c dp -4! 

Yep I've been over there too, now I'm totally confused and a bit depressed, so I think I will stick to the short range thread and this one. The views aren't so conflicting, but perhaps that's because we like the IMBY stuff now there is some hope that it could actually be IMBY this time. 

Posted
Just now, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Yep I've been over there too, now I'm totally confused and a bit depressed, so I think I will stick to the short range thread and this one. The views aren't so conflicting, but perhaps that's because we like the IMBY stuff now there is some hope that it could actually be IMBY this time. 

It does get confusing in there prob because there are so many varied imby posts so totally agree makes more sense to narrow down the imby to a smaller area lol on a more depressing note it appears one of my friends in derby has woken to a covering of snow...... jealous.......me .........never ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Been tracking the radar all morning and the showers have been scraping past me. Oh look at this.

0DEA6E54-1C5C-4AEF-AA5B-6406BBEAA6C9.png

Posted

The snow is stopping now, but every flake is landing and sticking on every surface. I would describe it as a very light dusting at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Snowing in west London! 

• Like 2

Posted

Oo, it’s snowing here now in Redlynch! Light flakes 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Quick one from me as I am at work.

EC 0z Det, essentially similar to last nights 12z regarding Thursday/Friday potential snow.

Somerset northwards good for significant snowfall on that run.

Differs afterwards but they all do there.

• Like 1