Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

At least if it’s marginal we can make a snowman, #powdersnowsucks :D

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Just a quick observation in the weather apps. Met office looking snowy for this part of dartmoor BBC/Meteogroup does not.....different models I guess

Edited by festivalking

Posted
1 minute ago, dancing daisy said:

I just need to say this... if you’re not on the polar express then sod off out of this thread. The negativity brings me down maaaan. 

Its going to snow, for some there will be enough to make a little snowman, for others you’ll be able to make the 6’ man of my dreams. 

SW thread is the best thread on NW #fact so if you’re a naysayer looking at every run and taking it as truth then you know nothing about weather watching and you belong on the Express forum so bugger off. ??

Who is being a naysayer? All I'm doing is pointing out the actuality of what the weather is doing. I thought this was a weather forum. In any case, if you look back at a previous post of mine, I did say that if the expected low coming up from the south does not fill, then those in the southern Counties of England can expect some pretty good snow fall, which is what I was hoping for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
1 hour ago, That ECM said:

And if it doesn't it won't be:rofl:

Hahaha, thats how everyone should be thinking , with a big sense of humour bud......?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
2 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

Where's this from?

One of them 'snow-watch' accounts on Twitter methinks...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

DP -10C here: www.southamptonweather.co.uk. Sadly I can't find a station record in the site. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
5 minutes ago, OldBloke said:

Who is being a naysayer? All I'm doing is pointing out the actuality of what the weather is doing. I thought this was a weather forum. In any case, if you look back at a previous post of mine, I did say that if the expected low coming up from the south does not fill, then those in the southern Counties of England can expect some pretty good snow fall, which is what I was hoping for.

You are being realistic bud , something hard to find in this forum , i get you completely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

We are back!

Posted

A further update to my earlier "trolling" post, with the 500 hPa winds now North and North East, this has brought into the play the much needed moisture to create rain or snow showery activity along the east coast. As I thought would happen (hence my post) it is now snowing along the Scottish east coast (they have had very little snow this winter) and along the N.E England coast and touching East Anglia. The change in the 500 hPa has created the snow showers to be a day early. It will be interesting to see how far inland these showers get especially as dew points should be rising ahead of the showers. If it stays this way, looking good for tomorrow on the east side of the UK. Trouble is with that direction of wind, unlikely to see the snow along the channel coasts but we shall see.

Edited by OldBloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

FGS will someone please feed the hamster! It's protesting every night atm!

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

You are being realistic bud , something hard to find in this forum , i get you completely.

Cheers Mark. Been around a long time on many forums. All in a days work so to speak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

Why is my dew point rising? It's still clear out but risen to -4c?

Humidity is rising...

Is your barometer getting low? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
4 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

FGS will someone please feed the hamster! It's protesting every night atm!

Are you talking about the servers or certain posters?!  :rofl:

Posted
1 hour ago, rh205 said:

Does anyone else find the new BBC Weather TV graphics bad at showing snow showers? I mean the wider snow areas are obvious by the fact that there are snowflakes superimposed on them but the showers just look like thick cloud / fog rolling in off the north sea. If it wasn't for the fact that I know snow showers are forecast and the presenter pointing to them I can see them easily being mistaken for cloud or fog.

Yes totally agree and the fact that the place names are so big you can't see what's underneath. Plymouth seems to obliterate half of Devon ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Yes totally agree and the fact that the place names are so big you can't see what's underneath. Plymouth seems to obliterate half of Devon ??

And the IOW.

Posted

Well for something so big and dangerous, not one mention of it on the news tonight? Don't get it. Surely if it was really going to be so much disruption or risk they would be mentioning things by now?

Edited by alijoe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

So the beast from the east is upon us. From me in Wales i hope luck is on our side this time round. We are well overdue a blizzard in the southwest! I just want to tell you all good luck. We're all counting on you.

giphy.gif

• Like 8