Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

These phone weather apps are overrated. If the BBC forecast is correct and I believe it is looking at the models (especially the one 2nd from the right) then we could have a historic event on Thursday on top of lying snow from showers going through Wednesday. Interesting times. :D

Posted
24 minutes ago, wiltshire weather said:

True FH! Just gone back through that forecast and if that blizzard happens like that, it will be an epic event!

I grew up in N.England and central belt of Scotland, so have had my fair share of disruptive weather and the aftermath. So long as you're close to arterial routes , it's all great stuff especially as a kid. But if you've got a long commute or are in a very rural area it can be hell on earth especially if you lose power. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m not in the best of ways, can someone give me a quick summary of how the end of the week looks.

ps cheers @Man With Beard for your words in the Mad thread, hard work being Purbeck coaster ??‍♂️

Confused. Gfs low going north. Ukmo low going east. Ecm sort of in the middle. BBC going for blizzard. Met going for snow to rain. Nothing going to be sorted for 48hours or so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

DP record!!!!! -7.9c 

• Like 5

Posted
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m not in the best of ways, can someone give me a quick summary of how the end of the week looks.

ps cheers @Man With Beard for your words in the Mad thread, hard work being Purbeck coaster ??‍♂️

Looks effing amazing here.  4th in the league and 4 inches on the ground.Whoop

Posted

I note that the 500 hPa (18,000ft)  is now a Northerly bringing in Scandinavian air across the east as I speak. This is bringing in moist air in the form of high cirrus cloud and possibly altostratus. As a result temperatures are starting to rise in the North East of the country. There is a small block or precip' just off the N.E coast which is falling as rain at present. I also note that temperatures are starting to rise in the far South West (plus 5 being recorded) as the active front which will possibly produce the low pressure area on Tuesday moves ever closer to the west of us. No wonder the forecasters are struggling with a confirmed outcome. Even Tuesday might show variations for Thursday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
43 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Would this event be like the February 09 event? I can't really remember it that well for some reason, probs under the influence of certain narcotics and by that I mean vallium :rofl: 

If this happens it will be worse than many on here have ever experienced.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, OldBloke said:

I note that the 500 hPa (18,000ft)  is now a Northerly bringing in Scandinavian air across the east as I speak. This is bringing in moist air in the form of high cirrus cloud and possibly altostratus. As a result temperatures are starting to rise in the North East of the country. There is a small block or precip' just off the N.E coast which is falling as rain at present. I also note that temperatures are starting to rise in the far South West (plus 5 being recorded) as the active front which will possibly produce the low pressure area on Tuesday moves ever closer to the west of us. No wonder the forecasters are struggling with a confirmed outcome. Even Tuesday might show variations for Thursday!

Sorry but that’s all BS!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, Mark Parsons said:

If this happens it will be worse than many on here have ever experienced.....

And if it doesn't it won't be:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Sorry but that’s all BS!

Sorry to be the bearer of the news Karlos, but it is what is happening now. Oh and sorry to hear Arsenal lost today.

Posted
5 minutes ago, OldBloke said:

Culdrose temp was 4C with dew point -2C at ten to six tonight. Thats not far from the conditions in my neighbourhood. The whole country is under the influence of Siberian cold from tonight onwards. 

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Confused. Gfs low going north. Ukmo low going east. Ecm sort of in the middle. BBC going for blizzard. Met going for snow to rain. Nothing going to be sorted for 48hours or so.

And it does the hokey cokey and turns around...that's what it's all about. Woooaaahhh....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

DP's gone back up to -6°C at the moment but the temperatures dropping quickly now. 0.4°C

21 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

However, GFS 12z looks in line with snow risk charts. Fingers crossed.

Capture.PNG

yes but you will take thursdays blizzards wont you should give us a good covering on the bbc forcast looks a good few hours worth of snow even on the coast no rain till friday 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
8 minutes ago, OldBloke said:

What part of this is a Northerly?

viewimage.thumb.png.233bf96046abf6c5433c5cd9018663d8.png

The precip in the North east is not rain. There's sub -8C 850hPa temperatures.

Temperatures aren't rising in the SW?

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just when you couldn't think it couldn't get any worse..

Screenshot_2018-02-25-20-20-53.thumb.png.b7d4337215ba52bd566bda0d6bfd472b.png

Just accept facts, you need to move.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

What part of this is a Northerly?

viewimage.thumb.png.233bf96046abf6c5433c5cd9018663d8.png

The precip in the North east is not rain. There's sun -8C 850hPa temperatures.

Temperatures aren't rising in the SW?

The only precipitation at the moment is making inroads to Aberdeen. Nothing elsewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Just accept facts, you need to move.

I'd never move just for snow, Jethro. This place is buzzing from late Spring until Autumn. And, I'm within a bike journey's distance of dozens of amazing beaches.

• Like 4