Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

It’s amazing how Reading is out of every Warning ⚠️ other then Wednesday hoping for 2cm max at this rate.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Good of them to warn all the seagulls over the sea. :D

Very thoughtful. Plus there's Bob from Hamworthy who likes to do a bit of sea fishing off Old Harry's Rocks every Wednesday. He'd need to know. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Hello all :)

I would think that just about everyone should see some snow from this little cold (or not we shall see) spell so hold onto your hats and wrap up warm.

I told my students last week to be prepared ( I know I probably shouldn't) and they nearly all laughed and said it does not snow down here. So if we get no snow in Cornwall its my fault.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

On a more positive note. I’ve lost the rain symbol that was showing on Friday. 

F4ACFD43-E5D6-4D2C-98D7-25CBF3C8AB39.png

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2

Posted

Chuffing hell its only Bloody Sunday. Seriously my SW lovelies you all know that each run has its own glitches. 

It will snow, everyone will love it, it will then be Spring. 

This may surprise you all but I don’t actually have a meteorological degree but I can feel it in my waters. It’s all going to be fine. ⛄️⛄️⛄️?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted

Wow, the Met Office have been working overtime today with all of the warnings!

It seems very finely balanced for Thursday going into Friday, that's the impression I'm getting. Rain seems likely eventually, especially down here in the deepest South Hams. But the brutal -12 windchill is still showing for Thursday, it seems inconceivable to me that there won't be some significant snow before the end of the working week.

We'll just have to wait and see though!

• Like 2

Posted

Interesting forecast just now from Thomas on BBC, gives 2-10cm in south by end of Wednesday and then he said the south as the low heads north could be heading for a full blown blizzard! bring it on this next 5 days are going to be fun!

• Like 3

Posted

Hang on i've not seen anything for 24 hours here. Is everything cancelled now? I hope now i've just spent a few £100's on new clothes etc! Not to mention the snow sledge :(

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I might sound dumb but I'd rather just get a load of snow even if it's going to melt a day or so later. The idea will be to get out in it whilst it's falling and settling and not waiting for it to stop of that makes sense.

I'd go for worst conditions around north Devon, Bristol and East Wales. Not sure I'll see much myself though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, dancing daisy said:

Chuffing hell its only Bloody Sunday. Seriously my SW lovelies you all know that each run has its own glitches. 

It will snow, everyone will love it, it will then be Spring. 

This may surprise you all but I don’t actually have a meteorological degree but I can feel it in my waters. It’s all going to be fine. ⛄️⛄️⛄️?

Get on down the doctors luv :D

My met office app now shows snow all the way into saturday :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'd go for worst conditions around north Devon, Bristol and East Wales. Not sure I'll see much myself though.

Cardiff often do better in these set ups probably a sign after beating us today :(

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Hang on i've not seen anything for 24 hours here. Is everything cancelled now? I hope now i've just spent a few £100's on new clothes etc! Not to mention the snow sledge :(

No nothing cancelled, bit of a downgrade in terms of longetivity though :( biut still looking great for Thur / Fri with the potential for blizzards as the cold air meets the moist atlantic air. All good - you will need those clothes and sledges, keep the faith.

Edited by Bazray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Whilst the Meto  further outlook forecast is poor from the weekend and beyond for our region, we have still got the potential for snow showers on Tuesday and Wednesday for many parts of the region and a spell of significant snow later on Thursday into Friday.

It's only on Friday onwards that southern most counties of our region are under threat from a thaw with any snow turning to rain.  Northernmost counties, as things stand, could keep any lying snow and surface cold into the start of the weekend before it is over for us all.

We live in the south/south west guys.  Normally we are wetting ourselves when a stray snow flurry makes it over the Welsh mountains.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

Look's like we'll some snow...

Mixed with the rain..

5a92c394d3488_2018-02-25(4).thumb.png.dac6e76344801f87d84c338f51aa6d62.png

keep the faith hopefully it will shift south!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Exciting week coming up! Any idea how Oxfordshire will fare? Theres always talk of North, South, East and West yet we're stuck in the middle of it all! ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Quite a drop in humidity in the last 30 minutes. The dew point now down to -5.4°C

Temp almost 7°C as well. Feels nice in the sun.

TemperatureDay.thumb.png.338ab02913262321cf14ff4e3558a5a6.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
37 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I wouldn't like to be in Karlos' household when the info filters down through the grapevine. :bomb:

It’s filtering FML 

ON THE PLUS SIDE BEER HELPS 

13F4DBC7-7A95-42E1-B520-2A39926755F5.thumb.jpeg.5ec652be6f059fb6fa45afe779105679.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’m still confident of a snowy spell Thursday into early Friday though!!! Keep the faith guys n gals ?

• Like 1

Posted

You have to love these Easterly insurgents that bring clear blue skies and plenty of sunshine, with mild temperatures, currently 7.8C and full on sunshine. Went to town for the first time in years this morning and there's loads of folks out enjoying the warm sunshine, although the wind can be a tad cooling down the high st. Love it..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m still confident of a snowy spell Thursday into early Friday though!!! Keep the faith guys n gals ?

So am I :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
20 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I like your thinking Jay :cold:

• Like 1