Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
6 minutes ago, snowysouth said:

Always the same for our region. There's still time but MO know their stuff and their warnings are, more often than not, spot on. We have to face facts. Snow down here is rare and when it's marginal, it's likely to be rain or sleet. Bring on spring lol

Nowhere will see rain or sleet until at least Friday, and that’s still very much open to changes at this stage. Just a case of whether you get any precipitation in the first place to fall as snow. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted

Getting more depressive by the hour. Snow warning now removed for hampshire on tues/wed and now even thurs is showing snow to sleet and fri allday rain...wouldnt be surprised if it ends up rain all thurs aswell. Really disappointing ending up with 3 cold sunny days mon/tues/wed. Gutted for my two kids who have never seen snow was hoping my 2 and 4 yr old would experience it....

Posted

I am chuckling here,its only for fun,but that triangle of snow failure have served me well in 25 of my 27 years down here lol

Posted

Warnings are warnings. They fit a severe criteria. There is nothing in the MetO warning statements that stop snow falling anywhere in the UK this week. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Kreftysoton said:

Getting more depressive by the hour. Snow warning now removed for hampshire on tues/wed and now even thurs is showing snow to sleet and fri allday rain...wouldnt be surprised if it ends up rain all thurs aswell. Really disappointing ending up with 3 cold sunny days mon/tues/wed. Gutted for my two kids who have never seen snow was hoping my 2 and 4 yr old would experience it....

Still there for Wednesday. 

70A6EB88-BB77-4E04-8148-C534B19D916D.png

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Still there for Wednesday. 

70A6EB88-BB77-4E04-8148-C534B19D916D.png

There's an area of exchange from Tuesday to Weds. I'm not in the warning Wednesday but still expect snow flurries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Love how it just zones me out!

0E856422-7F4B-4AAF-AD54-FC8F83B439E9.jpeg

Hi does anyone know if it will snow anytime in dorset next week?, as just seen the snow warning for tuesday removed from the met office, im sure wed warning will be removed soon, So any hope left for us this week as was told that low on friday could turn to rain here, sorry for the moan just clutching at straws lol. give me hope some one please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow
2 minutes ago, mrsmall said:

Cheer up :-) 

5830E8AB-4FD1-4BDC-9598-73679460C4C3.png

That could be real heavy stuff! The discription sounds awful/wonderful!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
2 minutes ago, mrsmall said:

Cheer up :-) 

5830E8AB-4FD1-4BDC-9598-73679460C4C3.png

Didn't think I'd ever see the day where the Met Office put out a warning for deep snow in this region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Notice how they say 'small chance' so many times?

5a92b46cdd268_2018-02-25(3).thumb.png.4e2aa8b54fbe26880d283980ced5756a.png

Still doesn't fill me with hope living down here. Simply put, we've gone from such perfect conditions to marginal. in such a short space of time. Unfortunately, i'm feeling rather deflated by it all, now. It is only weather after all, but even with an Easterly and a channel low (which is about the perfect opportunity for southern counties) it can, and will go wrong.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Notice how they say 'small chance' so many times? Still doesn't fill me with hope living down here. Simply put, we've gone from such perfect conditions to marginal. in such a short space of time. Unfortunately, i'm feeling rather deflated by it all, now. It is only weather after all, but even with an Easterly and a channel low (which is about the perfect opportunity for southern counties) it can, and will go wrong.

I know how you feel in that respect.. we all just feel that every time we get a decent chance it gets removed as the time frame moves closer.

Hopefully 12z will give us some encouragement but its going to be a long wait while we chase the snow flurry's in meantime.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Notice how they say 'small chance' so many times?

5a92b46cdd268_2018-02-25(3).thumb.png.4e2aa8b54fbe26880d283980ced5756a.png

Still doesn't fill me with hope living down here. Simply put, we've gone from such perfect conditions to marginal. in such a short space of time. Unfortunately, i'm feeling rather deflated by it all, now. It is only weather after all, but even with an Easterly and a channel low (which is about the perfect opportunity for southern counties) it can, and will go wrong.

Fully empathise with you there! And yes, feel quite 'meh' about the whole thing now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Jeez..... slight.... small... it’s great they’ve finally got the message out but shows the uncertainty (of course there’s bound to be - it’s 5 days away - should try telling that to the mad thread though ?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Early warning out for you guys on Thursday

Between 12:00 Thu 1st and 23:55 Thu 1st

There is potential for a spell of heavy snow, accompanied by strong winds, to move slowly north through Thursday afternoon and night. There is a small chance that long delays and cancellations on bus, rail and air travel could occur. There is a slight chance that roads may become blocked by deep snow, with stranded vehicles and passengers. There is a small chance that long interruptions to power supplies and other services such as telephones, may occur.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A weather system is expected to move slowly north through Thursday into Friday and has potential to produce widespread snow, accompanied by strong to gale force winds. As less cold air follows from the south, there is a small chance of snow turning to freezing rain bringing an additional ice risk. There is still uncertainty in how this system will develop, but there is a small chance of the combined effects of snow, strong winds and ice leading to severe impacts.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-03-01

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

the clear triangle in the south, i think is because it's a feature bringing more prolonged snow, that moving down from ne to sw, and

gradually weakening as it comes, look at the shape of the amber warning

Some places are going to get 25cm+ and some places are going to get ziltch... that kinda week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Certainly feeling chilly out there today. Wind is picking up and you can feel it biting away at you.

Temp 4.9c, DP -2.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The latest MetO text update is a bit of coffin/nail scenario. This change has caught the experts out as well! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The latest MetO text update is a bit of coffin/nail scenario. This change has caught the experts out as well! 

:wallbash:everytime.. When was last time cold air held out and gave us the repeat snowy battleground we all crave.