Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

lol

5a92a73c7bca8_2018-02-25(1).thumb.png.0ceee16d55f207b8cbbc1da92fa88b29.png

Are they trolling us? :nonono:

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Probably!

I have a feeling that Thu/Fri is going  to be like 2010 again. About 2" of snow and it immediately turned to rain and it melted pretty quickly - that was a disaster!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

"Separate Amber warnings are being issued to cover those areas which currently look most likely to see impacts."

Wait for it...

Posted
1 minute ago, Singularity said:

"Separate Amber warnings are being issued to cover those areas which currently look most likely to see impacts."

Wait for it...

Not in our region..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

lol

5a92a73c7bca8_2018-02-25(1).thumb.png.0ceee16d55f207b8cbbc1da92fa88b29.png

Now that would be just typical !:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

Ok, own up... who turned on the bloody snowshield?! ???

0DAC1188-ECAA-4AD1-8A78-9C97E1B172D4.png

Edited by Fingers
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Not in our region..

Guess that does seem unlikely, but I simply can't see any good reason for the warning in the CS region to have been removed; the modelling is the same as it was with plenty of signs that showers will make it a long way inland. Given the uncertainty over localised higher amounts, some manner of alert seems fair.

I can see their reasoning though; the warning was only ever there because of the chance of a more organised area of snow moving so far south, which has now gone. So it's a matter of the showers perhaps being underplayed. I can only base this on past experience though; no guarantees.

Edited by Singularity

Posted
1 minute ago, eddy88888 said:

Hi mapantz please explain how that is even possible lol how can the yellow warning go over us and then into devon and cornwall?

Snow showers and a more organised area of snow will move SW from the North East/Wash area.

Posted

There’s a feature coming in from the North Sea and it seems to be tracking SW we need it track SSW. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I was surprised just now when I got a notification saying the snow warning had been cancelled. Looks like they were just updating it as it’s returned now. 

Just had the same, Tuesday one removed, still one for Wednesday.

All forecasts now showing light snow for early wed and snow all day for Thursday.
its all turned to rain from Friday onwards.

Great sunny day here 5c, with a -0.3c lowest around 6am.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 minutes ago, Fingers said:

Ok, own up... who turned on the bloody snowshield?! ???

0DAC1188-ECAA-4AD1-8A78-9C97E1B172D4.png

Just on the edge of the warning zone but i doubt we shall see much this far west from the showers.

Friday is our time.... if it doesnt rain.. 

Posted

I have a sneaky feeling it will go out with a whimper down here. It's all too marginal! The charts show it, and the MetO forecast backs it up with sleet and rain. Going to need some extra luck from mother nature to mend this one.

• Like 1

Posted

On the warning you can clearly make out the shape of.....the Hampshire No Snow Triangle lol....ok I know other bits too lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Just on the edge of the warning zone but i doubt we shall see much this far west from the showers.

Friday is our time.... if it doesnt rain.. 

I think we’ll get snow Thursday evening and over night in to Friday before, as you said, it turns to back to rain. It needs to be the perfect system for us, coming in before receding off to continent. High risk could be high fail... 

Just want some time for the kids to play in it! 5 days is a long time in the weather world, anything can happen! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, jy said:

On the warning you can clearly make out the shape of.....the Hampshire No Snow Triangle lol....ok I know other bits too lol

Looks like the Hampshire no snow triangle and the Dorset snow shield have combined into one huge snow shield. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl
Just now, matt111 said:

Looks like the Hampshire no snow triangle and the Dorset snow shield have combined into one huge snow shield. 

Yep. Again!!!! I was really hoping this time it was us. 

Posted

Always the same for our region. There's still time but MO know their stuff and their warnings are, more often than not, spot on. We have to face facts. Snow down here is rare and when it's marginal, it's likely to be rain or sleet. Bring on spring lol

Posted
3 hours ago, That ECM said:

If you go on the met for Friday you will see Southampton rain, Eastleigh heavy snow. Kind of tells you how close this is to call. In fact impossible this far out. A slight movement in track at it could go all rain or all snow. Is it to early for a brandy:D

Thanks for the response i guess it is too early just feeling disappointed. I have no real knowledge of weather but there was so much talk of the SSW and cold siberian air arriving which was going to give a proper cold spell. It has arrived later than what was said and now in the last 24 hra its gone by friday morning. So only 3 or 4 cold days. I dont get how it takes so long to arrive but can go so quick! I havent seen any snow since jan2013...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

:wallbash:shambles for the central southern community. But I can’t help thinking that they can’t pin point the precipitation 2 days away. I’m sure they will upgrade us again Tommorow!!!!