Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

EURO4 already looking better!

showers getting going by early Monday!

53217F61-013D-410E-B578-2CB748427348.thumb.gif.067fc7b80e2f3f7c31168aa534fcb2f2.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Im at work so only sneaking a peek :ninja:

Ecm looks epic... Gfs a concern :unsure2: but it does tend to over play its hand when it comes to mild.

Look forward to the 12Z :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Possible station records next week: Low Temp, Lowest Maximum, Wind Chill, Dew Point, Apparent Temp. Also, with the length of time that high wind speeds occur on Thursday and Friday, I may break my wind run record.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I cant see that happening across the whole uk just from showers lol. East coast yes - practically whole country - no

Except this is not just showers from the east. This is a cold pool such as we haven’t seen since 1987. The potential for convective action is intense. This is not an ordinary North Sea event. But correct - East coast will be worst affected, at least initially.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
15 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Except this is not just showers from the east. This is a cold pool such as we haven’t seen since 1987. The potential for convective action is intense. This is not an ordinary North Sea event. But correct - East coast will be worst affected, at least initially.

That 1987 event has a lot to answer for as it was the single event that would forever shape me into a snow nutter. At the age of 4 ish I was at a vulnerable impressionable age. :crazy: one of my youngest remaining memory's is playing outside in that. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

So which ever way you look at it snow at the moment is forecast for the end if the week. The issue is how much will it stick around the end or the end of the first chapter of the cold spell. Either way I've got to get all my work done by Thursday as Friday is looking like a non work day.

• Like 2

Posted

If we get some snow down here on the Costa Del Poole on Tuesday and/or Wednesday, then I'll be a happy little bunny. Anything thereafter would be a brucie bonus. 

Posted
4 hours ago, kent said:

ECM great for cold out to day 10 then a reload from NE.   For us down here at present its all eyes fixed on the development of the low Thurs.night into Friday. Further north could mean a few hours of snow turning to rain.  More to the south then epic blizzards. Still time for changes from all models and more runs needed.

I don't know about you lot but I need a prescription for something to calm my nerves and something a bit stronger than gin lol.  Its agonising just waiting for the next set of runs. I need to take the mutt out for a good long walk.

Expectation levels down here on the south coast always need to be realistic. We can't do anything about the weather but hope that luck falls our way during the course of the next 7 days. 

Posted
3 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Easy!!! Blizzard! I couldn’t do it to you all, team player me!

Heres the ECM view on snow accumulations for end of the weeks fun..

I’m not greedy, I’d take that!

71EB4F62-E71D-48E7-BDFA-CA2FB4FFE543.thumb.png.1b12f191f19590cdac0f50c70765a6b9.png65042139-23AC-42B1-97DE-C5BC160A966E.thumb.png.16df0d7aa1ba807e1e11921f8e3f49ae.pngBAD5F1DA-EC96-48A8-8C71-0C2EFDD91F28.thumb.png.ba3866b6cb6f4d5a89a5d60f5b3984f2.png

So an honourable 2-1 defeat in extra time + a blizzard this Friday. 

• Like 1

Posted

As a relative newby here i think that my heads gonna explode! so much info to take in and i think i'm slowly starting to get a very basic understanding of what the charts show, Friday seems to be the fun day around here and as i'm not working that day i might just spend it watching snow falling, what could be better.

Edited by Nick Croker
  • Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

This very dry air, breeze and full on sun is great for drying washing!

Wow, you've just evoked a 1970s memory of washing on the line as stiff as boards lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Take a look at the latest Meto further outlook for the end of next week.

Not often you see the words "blizzard", "disruptive", "southern UK" & "snowfall" in the same sentence.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

My weather Apps are looking sexier than a pint on a Desert island after being stranded for 6 months!! Blimey!! For me that’s saying something, as I rather enjoy  a cold beer!

❄️ Is the general theme!!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Nick Croker said:

As a relative newby here i think that my heads gonna explode! so much info to take in and i think i'm slowly starting to get a very basic understanding of what the charts show, Friday seems to be the fun day around here and as i'm not working that day i might just spend it watching snow falling, what could be better.

Severe events are great learning periods for all. The top range knowledgeable folk (mostly residing in the MAD thread) hunger for synoptics such as we have. They become animated, generous with their thinking and they suddenly lose all their scientific-style reserve and move into childhood abandon and wonder once more. Its very rare. Make the most of the grey matter outflow. :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

My weather Apps are looking sexier than a pint on a Desert island after being stranded for 6 months!! Blimey!! For me that’s saying something, as I rather enjoy  a cold beer!

Get screen grabs of everything! This is history here.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, AWD said:

Take a look at the latest Meto further outlook for the end of next week.

Not often you see the words "blizzard", "disruptive", "southern UK" & "snowfall" in the same sentence.

Just read it, Wow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Does it look anything like mine? 

959B23D9-6059-4802-AB9F-E3928EFFCECD.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Hi matt what app is that please 

Posted

What a vile thread the mad thread is ovrr blown people trumpeting breakdown of cold when it isnt even here yet. This wind is so dry its immense.