Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

That’s where my head was at lol 

Is it wrong if I record it ? Gotta be £250 I’m it from YBF :rofl:

When I was in Finland with sub -40c I really wanted to try these things but trust me when it gets that low you dare not expose your face or hands let alone any other minor bodily features :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Poor dogs gotta pee outside in that :hi::nonono:

They have had 5 years of mild weather to pee in tho......providing there 5 years old  

Posted
10 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I always find this when we have a keen easterly. The house is well protected from the usual W/SW draughts as found those years ago, but every time we have a spell like this I think I really must do something about my draughty east facing doors/windows 

Same here bloody lazy wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, suxer said:

They have had 5 years of mild weather to pee in tho......providing there 5 years old  

Lol 14 months old, hates the cold as well ha ha, can’t be mine :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

That’s where my head was at lol 

Is it wrong if I record it ? Gotta be £250 I’m it from YBF :rofl:

Oh, yes, instant viral video .. or TV air time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
14 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Hi guys, yes model madness. It's going to be fun next week (hopefully not a pit of depression by the end of it when our three feet of snow didn't come off!!). Cos that's as high as I think this could go!!

Am I reading this wrong or do u think this spell might amount to 3ft of snow??

9 minutes ago, Nights King said:

When I was in Finland with sub -40c I really wanted to try these things but trust me when it gets that low you dare not expose your face or hands let alone any other minor bodily features :rofl:

Speak for yourself:rofl:

Posted
1 minute ago, freeze for all said:

Am I reading this wrong or do u think this spell might amount to 3ft of snow??

I'll stick my neck out and say that there will be at least one report where you see pictures of a 3ft snow drift. :pardon:

• Like 2

Posted

Over on TWO they were giving the South Today weather forecasts a bit of a handbagging,nothing nasty but I have to say I agreed with much of what was said,the quality and accuracy are poor,if you work outdoors sometimes you need to plan ahead,the 3 minute forecasts on radio 4 get cut to 2 or less because of  the waffling politicians,last 3 didn't have time for an outlook,as for its going to be bitterly cold in the 46 degree temps,christ farmers and gardeners would have been working in nothing but their Y fronts in the 60s and 70s in those temps...anyway shut up jy

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 minute ago, jy said:

Over on TWO they were giving the South Today weather forecasts a bit of a handbagging,nothing nasty but I have to say I agreed with much of what was said,the quality and accuracy are poor,if you work outdoors sometimes you need to plan ahead,the 3 minute forecasts on radio 4 get cut to 2 or less because of  the waffling politicians,last 3 didn't have time for an outlook,as for its going to be bitterly cold in the 46 degree temps,christ farmers and gardeners would have been working in nothing but their Y fronts in the 60s and 70s in those temps...anyway shut up jy

Haha!

Yes - I can’t quite believe the TV forecasts still.. it’s crazy that they aren’t giving more away. The vulnerable are really at risk here. And as you say, people that work outside need to be prepared. My family are farmers and I’ve warned them but there’s nothing like being prepared - they have 500 cattle and they live away from one of the farms so even getting there may be an issue if the extreme scenario happens. The BBC are doing themselves no favours at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow
Just now, Ashme said:
13 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

Why does this happen!!? I was going to quote this post then decided not to. And then I go to make a post and this quote will not disappear until I've posted it!! Grrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Here's a comparison of the outlooks for the BBC South Today forecast and ITV Meridian. I cropped out the last 2 days on the South Today one as ITV doesn't go as far. 

image.thumb.png.8465fba07a15a3a7783c1367a836f11e.png

Capture.PNG

I prefer the ITV one. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Anyway, gave my 4yr old some good advice yesterday........... She said to me today that she told her nursery teacher what I said!!!...................... UH OH!!

DON'T EAT YELLOW SNOW!!!! ?????

Posted
49 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Good point both.. if there is a northerly every single pin hole of a gap  seems to send a force 4 gale through my house. I've done everything I can do at cost without rebuilding. However with an easterly it's blocked by me being terraced to next door... yay... bring on the easterly. Sorry Frosty Hollows.... ( just get some of that tuby type draught sealer. I added it to mine so it is doubled up. Takes ten mins to open the door but am not heating up the whole of Newbury now.... :pardon:

My front door faces east. Opening it next week will be fun :cold:

Posted
21 minutes ago, Ashme said:

Anyway, gave my 4yr old some good advice yesterday........... She said to me today that she told her nursery teacher what I said!!!...................... UH OH!!

DON'T EAT YELLOW SNOW!!!! ?????

I had to chuckle when I saw the MetO had released a yellow snow warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

ECM 120 is a sight for the people of the SW 

streamers galore in -16c air

Places like cornwall - any landmark jutting out will get battered

27071E6B-2590-4513-9222-5649FCECF03E.thumb.png.85ef5ad04fd8ad01993af4b7e2fff9ea.png

Better tell Sidney to keep his paws tucked in.

Posted
31 minutes ago, jy said:

That said, my hubby is a gardener and he just nipped out to the shop in his shorts. Mind you it's a positively tropical 0C here so I expect he's probably feeling the heat

Posted
3 hours ago, khodds said:

Apart from 2010 etc I’ve never seen such snow and I’m 36.. hence the excitement ?

Awww we'z the same age! Was 2010 the December channel low that came up? I missed out on the lead up to that one. LAugh all ... laugh ... I was in Munich for snow and christmas markets!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Awww we'z the same age! Was 2010 the December channel low that came up? I missed out on the lead up to that one. LAugh all ... laugh ... I was in Munich for snow and christmas markets!!

Sounds lovely! I can’t remember how that one came about actually 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

2010 is the only time I remember seeing deep(ish) snow in my 25 years.