Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
20 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

@khodds @*Stormforce~beka* @jethro @ajpoolshark Reinforcements urgently required, Thread is going into a worrying level of depression!! It’s 5pm somewhere can I have a Gin yet? :D

I’m here... it’ll be fine!  :help: GIN PASS THE GIN!!

12 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Can't wait! I literally shouldn't be in work today cus i'm doing naff all with the excitement!

Ditto! I’m a manager too.. going to get myself in trouble!! I’ll fire myself.. that’ll do it

• Like 1

Posted

Ahhh got an elderly client, who I look after her outdoor animals, is not believing about the depth of cold or the risk of snow. So angry at the BBC as she said BBC Devon have said it'll be rain next week with maybe snow on tops of Dartmoor. She also saw the papers with the big title of 'killer winter weather coming' and thinks that's where I've got it from, gahhh she only has one gas bottle at a time so will run out probably Fri next week. Not much I can do, I've warned her but obviously quite concerned for her well being! My land lady who owns the farm I'm on also had no idea and are planning to lamb end of next week. Why are the BBC under playing this? Sorry if off topic! 

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Well looking at predicted totals for down here hardly worth raving about is it. Expectations gone right out the window today. Cold yes snowy disruption like we was told. No.

But we weren’t told that at all for here (West Country). Not by one reputable outlet. 

Ian Fergusson also backing this up in the last hour saying no immediate concerns of snow for our region. May change later in the week. That’s an easterly for you and nothing else was ever forecast by the met office 

• Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

4c and sunny here, dp-1.2c.

lovely day!! Now where’s that precip, I’m conducive :rofl:

I’m the weather equivalent of ovulating ?

I ovulated, got pregnant, and gave birth to a ... pictures above ... snow sledge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Lets all hope this is near to the Mark!  This spell will go down in history!! Keep the faith everyone!!

IMG_1744.thumb.PNG.b5cb9f64d09a92962e3aa90e836c85bc.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
16 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’ve done the full reveal today, wife, kids, parents and grandparents.

Dad just rolled his eyes at me ? LOL

Nothing ever good comes from flashing @karlos1983:oops:

Edited by festivalking

Posted
15 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

I just told the wifey to downgrade her expectations and expect only an inch or two.....Imagine my horror as she replied..."Downgrade?....that's the story of my life!.....but enough of that, what about the snow next week?"......:80:

It's the cold my dear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

You lot are making me have a wobble now ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, khodds said:

You lot are making me have a wobble now ?

NOOO! DON’T DO IT.  :help:

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Nothing ever good comes from flashing @karlos1983:oops:

Pahahahahaha!! Clearly it's all about the 1-2 inches!!!! 6+ is so over rated ... It's all about the quality of the stuff ya know! I do like a fluffy dolloping .. of snow ...

Posted
12 minutes ago, snowponies said:

Ahhh got an elderly client, who I look after her outdoor animals, is not believing about the depth of cold or the risk of snow. So angry at the BBC as she said BBC Devon have said it'll be rain next week with maybe snow on tops of Dartmoor. She also saw the papers with the big title of 'killer winter weather coming' and thinks that's where I've got it from, gahhh she only has one gas bottle at a time so will run out probably Fri next week. Not much I can do, I've warned her but obviously quite concerned for her well being! My land lady who owns the farm I'm on also had no idea and are planning to lamb end of next week. Why are the BBC under playing this? Sorry if off topic! 

What-ho what part of dartmoor you on? Never off topic by the way most things in here are off topic! 

Underplay well they arn't the biggest rampers on the beeb and probably not wanting to cause mass milk buying. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Pahahahahaha!! Clearly it's all about the 1-2 inches!!!! 6+ is so over rated ... It's all about the quality of the stuff ya know! I do like a fluffy dolloping .. of snow ...

Ooh maaaaaaaatron! :laugh:

Posted
15 minutes ago, snowponies said:

Would it perhaps be possible for you to buy a gas bottle and then take it to her when she inevitably runs out?

• Thanks 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’m here... it’ll be fine!  :help: GIN PASS THE GIN!!

Ditto! I’m a manager too.. going to get myself in trouble!! I’ll fire myself.. that’ll do it

Nice you think I'm a manager!!!! But if managers knew.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well done people!!! Equilibrium restored :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

There is nothing different predicted today for next week ,snow is still potentially  of a disruptive kind , the thing to keep an eye on is the air flow direction and strength, slack flow will be less snowy where as a strong flow can throw up some  nice surpises with more instability. Dont panic and hold your expe tations back a few more days peeps.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, festivalking said:

What-ho what part of dartmoor you on? Never off topic by the way most things in here are off topic! 

Underplay well they arn't the biggest rampers on the beeb and probably not wanting to cause mass milk buying. 

I'm lydford way but client is in Mary tavy, I've got a 4x4 so hopefully would be able to get to her and offered my portable electric heater but she won't take it. Luckily she has the village shop but imagine that would be stripped bear if we get snow forecasted! Can't believe BBC Radio Devon said it will rain next week ?

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Matty-H said:

But we weren’t told that at all for here (West Country). Not by one reputable outlet. 

Ian Fergusson also backing this up in the last hour saying no immediate concerns of snow for our region. May change later in the week. That’s an easterly for you and nothing else was ever forecast by the met office 

The wording no immediate concerns of snow is the factor here.   Detailed snow prediction for more than 3 days ahead can be taken with the biggest pinch of salt you can muster.

Snow forecasting is arguably the most difficult and complicated thing to forecast.  Quite commonly unexpected factors can arise and throw off all predictions.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, kent said:

The wording no immediate concerns of snow is the factor here.   Detailed snow prediction for more than 3 days ahead can be taken with the biggest pinch of salt you can muster.

Snow forecasting is arguably the most difficult and complicated thing to forecast.  Quite commonly unexpected factors can arise and throw off all predictions.

Spot on Kent!!! ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, kent said:

Lack of snow is my greatest concern.. Ice and frost a plenty but fluffy white stuff I'm not convinced. Hopefully 12z cheers me up this flu is sapping my hope. :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Doesn’t say a lot but this has been tweeted. Does this suggest they’ve been told something?  

• Thanks 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

twitter.thumb.png.76df72548b9db818bf9f5cf45dac4db1.png

Note the "at the moment" we will be in such an unstable airflow, it's going to be a radar watcher for most of the week. Exciting week coming up.

Lol my point exactly. Now he's back tracking