Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

@Rapodo you’ll do yourself in. If anyone thinks our region will miss out on all the snow, I’d think again.... we’ve got our ticket mate, let’s wait and see. 

PS. Some don’t know as much as they let on in that Mad thread, that’s about the only fact I can give you!!! Most would  probably have you believe they’ve got footlongs in their trousers !!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Rapodo said:

Not according to mad thread. Now expected to not even hit the UK but go into France. Expectations for down here have been over hyped yet again.

Nothing has been over-hyped for down here. Excitement? Yes, absolutely. We're heading towards the coldest spell of weather for quite a few years. Everything is ticking along nicely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
46 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

We aren’t talking about your bog standard eastily here!! This airmass will be incredibly unstable, organised troughing is more likely than unlikely!! Then we get the systems pushing up into extremely cold air! We WILL be talking about this very cold spell for a long time! 

Not many forecasted dry easterlies end up being dry, this beats isn’t forecast to be dry at all, the radar Sunday night into Monday and thereafter could be something to behold, I’ve no doubt at all we will all be in here urging showers, bands of snow or troughs to head West! Embrace this spell if you like cold, and brace yourselves for the cold because it’s coming!!!

And we should also be prepared for snow to die out as it heads Westwards, especially inland, as happens the 'normal' way around! 

However I am excited at the prospect of big snow showers developing in the daytime.

There must be a chance of a reverse Bristol Channel streamer or South Coast streamers?

Edited by Andy Bown
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

Hi-res models already picking up on precip accumulation making it into our region as early as Monday....that will only be enhanced imo the closer we get! what dry easterly :D

B1BC805F-8907-43EC-AF13-F79A2A8C113C.thumb.png.380442bcd899a2bd182f487fc362b22b.png

Erm no it won't that's very light snow in a breeze. Absolutely nothing being shown as disruptive for the south even latest update is for the low on Thursday to hit France instead. My expectations for this has gone out the window today.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Not according to mad thread. Now expected to not even hit the UK but go into France. Expectations for down here have been over hyped yet again.

I couldn't give a toss what it says in the other thread but yes, as noted in the top chart, the models have the front over northern France on Thursday.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Trust me I been raving about this myself and to others for days doesn't give you much confidence when all that's shown is an inch for the south and a retreating low pressure on Thursday. Big wobble time for me today.

• Like 1

Posted

Thursday is Day 7!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Rapodo said:

Erm no it won't that's very light snow in a breeze. Absolutely nothing being shown as disruptive for the south even latest update is for the low on Thursday to hit France instead. My expectations for this has gone out the window today.

Agree. Some salivate over v cold temps. I dont....unless snow is also present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Trust me I been raving about this myself and to others for days

To be honest, that's your fault, no one else, not the charts, not the weather. I see no harm in mentioning to friends and family that it's going to get colder with the risk of snow. But, if you're raving about it, you're asking for trouble.

Edited by Mapantz
typo
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Went down to -1.3°C last night with a frost to start the day. Sunny since then and currently 3.3°C.  

Posted

4c and sunny here, dp-1.2c.

lovely day!! Now where’s that precip, I’m conducive :rofl:

I’m the weather equivalent of ovulating ?

Posted

@khodds @*Stormforce~beka* @jethro @ajpoolshark Reinforcements urgently required, Thread is going into a worrying level of depression!! It’s 5pm somewhere can I have a Gin yet? :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Snow or not near historic weather charts for next week, uppers up at -15 thickness levels down to 511 howling easterly, over nights well below freezing this the sort of stuff we've been hoping for all winter (no marginal nonsense this time if moisture comes our way) What the GFS is showing is over a week away it can and will change as all the models have a different take on what will happen next week. Joyful time to be on this forum!

Any good @karlos1983

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

@khodds @*Stormforce~beka* @jethro @ajpoolshark Reinforcements urgently required, Thread is going into a worrying level of depression!! It’s 5pm somewhere can I have a Gin yet? :D

Need to get it back to the juvenile state it was in last night. :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

Snow or not near historic weather charts for next week, uppers up at -15 thickness levels down to 511 howling easterly, over nights well below freezing this the sort of stuff we've been hoping for all winter (no marginal nonsense this time if moisture comes our way) What the GFS is showing is over a week away it can and will change as all the models have a different take on what will happen next week. Joyful time to be on this forum!

Any good @karlos1983

Virtual hi five mate ? 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Virtual hi five mate ? 

Prefer a gin lad

:rofl:

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

That was proper chilly this.morning with a mega wind chill I can only imagine what next week is going to feel like. 

Posted

twitter.thumb.png.76df72548b9db818bf9f5cf45dac4db1.png

Note the "at the moment" we will be in such an unstable airflow, it's going to be a radar watcher for most of the week. Exciting week coming up.

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

twitter.thumb.png.76df72548b9db818bf9f5cf45dac4db1.png

Note "the at the moment" we will be in such an unstable airflow, it's going to be a radar watcher for most of the week. Exciting week coming up.

Can't wait! I literally shouldn't be in work today cus i'm doing naff all with the excitement!

Edited by festivalking

Posted
9 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Valium.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
21 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

And we should also be prepared for snow to die out as it heads Westwards, especially inland, as happens the 'normal' way around! 

However I am excited at the prospect of big snow showers developing in the daytime.

There must be a chance of a reverse Bristol Channel streamer or South Coast streamers?

What we need is an M4 streamer to reconcile its appalling behaviour of late :nea:

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

That was proper chilly this.morning with a mega wind chill I can only imagine what next week is going to feel like. 

My mum just told me it’s cold outside. I said that’s nothing, just wait until next week. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

My mum just told me it’s cold outside. I said that’s nothing, just wait until next week. 

I’ve done the full reveal today, wife, kids, parents and grandparents.

Dad just rolled his eyes at me ? LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
14 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I just told the wifey to downgrade her expectations and expect only an inch or two.....Imagine my horror as she replied..."Downgrade?....that's the story of my life!.....but enough of that, what about the snow next week?"......:80:

Posted
3 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

I just told the wifey to downgrade her expectations and expect only an inch or two.....Imagine my horror as she replied..."Downgrade?....that's the story of my life!.....but enough of that, what about the snow next week?"......:80:

Snow? I’m considering getting the flip flops and BBQ out :rofl: