Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

God help me I posted in the MaD thread. Am off to lie down due to shock :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

My record of posting in the MAD thread is Posted: 3 Deleted: 1 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

So the MAD thread is currently the banter thread well least the're not knocking over everyone with their toys. But hope for model analysis soon. Not long till the next run. 

• Like 1

Posted

The very cold temps now looks like a solid given but how much snow are we likely to get? need to drive up the Fosse way first weekend of March to see my daughter in Warwick so should i be looking for a ski-doo?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

God help me I posted in the MaD thread. Am off to lie down due to shock :rofl:

Bloody hell NEVER go in there, it’s full of naysayers and rampers with no sense of humour. Serial Geeks who in the main read a ladybird book about the weather in 1974 and know it all. ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well a chilly evening going into the start of this cold spell/month (hopefully) -3.0c

At least the ground should be nice and cold before any of that powder snow arrives.. :D

Thatchers gold o clock.:drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Nick Croker said:

The very cold temps now looks like a solid given but how much snow are we likely to get? need to drive up the Fosse way first weekend of March to see my daughter in Warwick so should i be looking for a ski-doo?

Well I would say there is nobody who would argue that there is either a chance of no snow, some snow or a copious, un-navagable heap of snow.  Any scenario is absolutely possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

If it's humour you want, best stay in here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Right, FB group is GO! If you want to join PM me (if you haven’t already)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, EllyTech said:

Well I would say there is nobody who would argue that there is either a chance of no snow, some snow or a copious, un-navagable heap of snow.  Any scenario is absolutely possible.

Best keep an eye on evil bay for one just in case then or just wait and see what falls or doesn't, thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, dancing daisy said:

Bloody hell NEVER go in there, it’s full of naysayers and rampers with no sense of humour. Serial Geeks who in the main read a ladybird book about the weather in 1974 and know it all. ?

We should celebrate our 10 year anniversary of giving the mods grief daisy :D 

Can someone explain how I link someones name in to a message it is about time I learnt :oops:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick Croker said:

Best keep an eye on evil bay for one just in case then or just wait and see what falls or doesn't, thanks.

Yes, you'd be wise to look out of the window on the day. Unless of course, it becomes obvious in the preceding days that you are snowed in - or not.

Posted
1 minute ago, tomjwlx said:

Nice to see this thread full of life love it!

It's been a lonely place at times. Especially during the summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Yes, you'd be wise to look out of the window on the day. Unless of course, it becomes obvious in the preceding days that you are snowed in - or not.

I like the sound of "snowed in" not seen that much snow for a very long time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and dry. Snow would be good though.

Where I live we don't have lamp posts, in preparation for a few night possible lampost watching are there any specific ones I should acquire??

Or can I just stare out the window using my fisher price wind-up torch as a sudo lamp post?

• Like 2

Posted

Off to the pub for some Ringwood 49 er,sad about the demise of Old Thumper,a parting thought,what if the snow all slips South of us and we end up bone dry.

• Like 1

Posted

SW England is in a prime position for one of those classic blizzards from years gone by later next week

something like the blizzard of 9-13 March 1891 ,which stalled over the SW because it couldn’t shift the cold dense air mass,next week upper air temps are way lower so could be even more extreme,maybe it will run along the English Channel to us on the Sussex coast too.

ecm hinting at that and the met office too talking about substantial falls of snow from any direction later next week,hope it happens ,would be historic

• Like 6

Posted
9 minutes ago, Nights King said:

We should celebrate our 10 year anniversary of giving the mods grief daisy :D 

Can someone explain how I link someones name in to a message it is about time I learnt :oops:

Awww Happy Anniversary Love! :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 minute ago, SLEETY said:

SW England is in a prime position for one of those classic blizzards from years gone by later next week

something like the blizzard of 9-13 March 1891 ,which stalled over the SW because it couldn’t shift the cold dense air mass,next week upper air temps are way lower so could be even more extreme,maybe it will run along the English Channel to us on the Sussex coast too.

ecm hinting at that and the met office too talking about substantial falls of snow from any direction later next week,hope it happens ,would be historic

I hope so.. ive been waiting all my life for something like this

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nick Croker said:

I like the sound of "snowed in" not seen that much snow for a very long time.

We aren't ramping when we say that that is not an impossibility, at some point during the event. Be seriously prepared if you are venturing out in any vehicle; at least until any Met Office warning has expired - and you are advised to keep up to date with the MetoO.

Most of us expect them to put out some kind of yellow early warning, at least by Sunday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall

BBC extended outlook forecast just updated goes for widespread snowsouth and southwest england later next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2