Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and dry. Snow would be good though.

If we did end up with a decent snowmageddon event here in the SW, I will be doing the very British thing of busting out the gas bbq!! 

Being on the coast up here in North Devon we do tend to miss out so fingers crossed for some of the white stuff, even if just a dusting.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE, can I PLEASE remind you that this is a public viewable thread, which given that openness a degree of decorum and strength should be displayed at ALL TIMES. Wimpy talk about rushing out and panic buying personal items and stocking up on excessive amounts of daily items will only go to cause mayhem and panic amongst the general populous.

I'd also like to remind members that all heretic talk of beginning threads and blogs in opportunistic environments is totally frowned upon and will bring you a sticker (and a warning) saying "I'm a traitor I deserted the NW South West thread in their time of need".

PLEASE BE STRONG, maintain the strong British Upper Lip, display the strength of the British citizen for all to see, be resolute, panic buy next week along with everybody else, don't rush off to the petrol stations before the prices rocket and most importantly buy gallons of screenwash for everybody living in your street and demonstrate that great British tradition of comradeship.

Me, I'm off down the road to tell the dumb suckers that park on the bend in my hill, they could come out and find their vehicles severely mangled next week if they leave them parked where they are currently.

This is a public service message.....

Oh and so I remain on topic some thin cloud holding up the temperature, currently 5.2C, with a DP of -0.8C.

Thank You

You forgot the salt.  Seriously, as one who inhabits the English Siberia, I cannot stress the need for salt. Getting to a and e with a broken leg in snow and ice is snow joke. Boom tish!

Posted

Re North of the M4 and South of the M4, in 2012 I moved from about 2 miles South of "it" to about 2 miles North of "it" and it has made quite a difference! It was out of Bristol and into a more rural area. Having said that, just a few miles further North from here gets more snow again. ? 

Perhaps instead of the old phrase "go West, young man" it should be "go North, young man". I'm wittering  again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
14 minutes ago, jy said:

just one thing  ,although very young,i never forgot the sight of the numerous dead birds in the 63 winter,now im not drawing comparisons but if you get a chance to feed the birds please do it,the sight of the robins was really so sad...appeal over

But if you do see one lying on the ground, don't assume it's dead, it may not be. In extreme cold birds can be hyper thermic and comatose, pick it up, take it indoors and warm it up, if you've found it in time you may be able to save it. However, stop warming it up if it starts to get a bit pongy, that means you've just spent your time defrosting a frozen corpse ;-)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

But if you do see one lying on the ground, don't assume it's dead, it may not be. In extreme cold birds can be hyper thermic and comatose, pick it up, take it indoors and warm it up, if you've found it in time you may be able to save it. However, stop warming it up if it starts to get a bit pongy, that means you've just spent your time defrosting a frozen corpse ;-)

Or just chuck it into the slow cooker:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

You lot crack me up! I’ve been sat on reception this afternooon sniggering at your posts! The patients are probably thinking I’ve finally cracked ?.

On the way home the air felt different, it was lovely and crisp and clear... This is it... EEK IM SO EXCITED ITS BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS AND I CANT SLEEP AND AND AND...

forgot to say its 3.2c here, high of 7.4.. bye bye warmth

Edited by khodds
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

4.1°C here but you can feel the colder air now, which is nothing compared to what’s coming next week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
6 minutes ago, khodds said:

On the way home the air felt different, it was lovely and crisp and clear... This is it... EEK IM SO EXCITED ITS BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS AND I CANT SLEEP AND AND AND...

forgot to say its 3.2c here, high of 7.4.. bye bye warmth

Ahh this really made me smile! Pure, unadulterated excitement right there and I totally know how you feel. I hope we get something for all our waiting. :)

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Please post all your recipes of meals to make on the gas hob please when all electric is dead and gone! ...

(Do we need to buy water? Is there a national how to prepare for this website?)

Corn Beef hash was the first thing that entered my head. .. but I hate that now! ... my Dad made it once, many Moons ago on a camping trip.... I was thinking back to a particularly nasty thunderstorm 'episode' just then. We were cold, wet and hungry and it tasted fantastic. lol.

Edited by EllyTech
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Ahh this really made me smile! Pure, unadulterated excitement right there and I totally know how you feel. I hope we get something for all our waiting. :)

Who doesn’t feel like that? Or is it just us weather freaks? :crazy:

Edited by matt111
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I was just thinking I might have to buy some sea side spades for the squirrels so they can dig down to find all the nuts they have buried the past couple of months 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Who doesn’t feel like that. Or is it just us weather freaks? :crazy:

Weirdos! I've met some. I jot their names down in my little black book :girl_devil:

Posted

There are precip charts in the MAD thread which show no snow South of the M4. What's that about? It doesn't tie in with the MetO further outlook. I feel a mini panic coming on....??

Posted
2 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Weirdos! I've met some. I jot their names down in my little black book :girl_devil:

That’ll be everyone in here then. :rofl:

Posted
3 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Sidney!  :laugh:

Never thought of the squirrels. :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, noggin said:

There are precip charts in the MAD thread which show no snow South of the M4. What's that about? It doesn't tie in with the MetO further outlook. I feel a mini panic coming on....??

Ignore precip charts if I were you. It could snow just about anywhere in the uk over the next week to ten days ?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

ECM time!!! Nerves!!!! ????

phone off for an hour!! Superstitious mode engaged!!

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

ECM time!!! Nerves!!!! ????

Need frostys sofa. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

That’ll be everyone in here then. :rofl:

Nah I only note the ones who don't like snow, I think 99% of you in here are safe :D

Beautiful clear skies tonight, and a lovely fresh feel. I rather enjoyed the last of the warm sun (even had the front door open for a bit this afternoon) but cannot WAIT for the real cold to begin. Bring it on! :clap:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Right I have just ordered 5 seaside spades all different colours so squirrels  know who's  is who's.  Oh and some snow shoes for the cats. The kids are on there own :D

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

Do you want my phone number as well?

You're immune from my naughty list knocker, you're a good'un.

• Like 1