Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Good afternoon :)

Please continue your discussions of the weather here in South Western and Central Southern areas of the UK!

In some cultures, this thread is known as South of the M4! The M4 is not just a motorway you see - rumour has it that the M4 acts as a forcefield that stops snow getting over to the Southern side.

3DE0F480-FDC6-4853-8EA6-C215FD4DBA87.thumb.png.97dd40e6a22e6ede23de094c655f4d06.png

But... with a (potent) Easterly on the horizon, it could spell the end to the M4’s snow destroying antics!

Please remember to keep things friendly in here and try to keep all missiles and teddies in da pram! Cheers all. :) 

Previous thread: 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Still concerned for snow IMBY. Obviously a long way to go yet, and little features will I'm sure kick in but I have a dread of being very cold and snowless while the North, East and South-East get buried...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

The M4 has been put into reverse thrust mode, all snow will be stopped at the border and sent south again. Nobody else is nicking it this time, it's all ours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Why the hell are we now not getting proper warnings about this! I've been laughed at all day from customers I'm trying to warn. I'm sorry but this needs to be on the news to warn as many as possible.

• Like 3

Posted

Please post all your recipes of meals to make on the gas hob please when all electric is dead and gone! ...

(Do we need to buy water? Is there a national how to prepare for this website?)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Rapodo said:

Why the hell are we now not getting proper warnings about this! I've been laughed at all day from customers I'm trying to warn. I'm sorry but this needs to be on the news to warn as many as possible.

I suspect it will start surfacing from tomorrow

Posted

One thing that concerns me with all the stocking up that has been going on, none of you have mentioned loo rolls, don't forget them!

Posted
5 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Please post all your recipes of meals to make on the gas hob please when all electric is dead and gone! ...

Recipe for water...

Take 1 shovel full of snow.

Place it in a saucepan on the gas hob for 3 mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Cor  blimey  that was close nearly posted about getting toilet rolls in the mad thread.

Edited by nettie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

One thing that concerns me with all the stocking up that has been going on, none of you have mentioned loo rolls, don't forget them!

A handful of snow works although it's a bit bracing 

Posted

All I care about is having enough charge on my phone for a time lapse of snow building up if this area is to get some :rofl:

Posted
Just now, Rich_Clements said:

A handful of snow works although it's a bit bracing 

:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So a new mad house open for business. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

Just got in and saw Pauls comments about off topic stuff,nobody was named which is great,but my stuff I agree has been a bit ott,no apologies.its just about balance,i get it.

Posted

Ok, serious question time.....I work 17 miles away from home, the folk I work for are away working in London for most of the week so I have to feed the dogs as well as do the garden - not getting to work isn't an option or they'll go hungry. I've got a Landrover so theoretically it isn't going to be a problem, just might take a wee bit longer to get there. However, back in the really cold snowy winter of 1981 I remember we had to put camping stoves underneath the tractors to warm the diesel before we could get them going. If it gets really cold, diesel gets too thick to start an engine - does anyone know if this problem still exists or have they come up with an additive that stops this happening?

• Like 1

Posted

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE, can I PLEASE remind you that this is a public viewable thread, which given that openness a degree of decorum and strength should be displayed at ALL TIMES. Wimpy talk about rushing out and panic buying personal items and stocking up on excessive amounts of daily items will only go to cause mayhem and panic amongst the general populous.

I'd also like to remind members that all heretic talk of beginning threads and blogs in opportunistic environments is totally frowned upon and will bring you a sticker (and a warning) saying "I'm a traitor I deserted the NW South West thread in their time of need".

PLEASE BE STRONG, maintain the strong British Upper Lip, display the strength of the British citizen for all to see, be resolute, panic buy next week along with everybody else, don't rush off to the petrol stations before the prices rocket and most importantly buy gallons of screenwash for everybody living in your street and demonstrate that great British tradition of comradeship.

Me, I'm off down the road to tell the dumb suckers that park on the bend in my hill, they could come out and find their vehicles severely mangled next week if they leave them parked where they are currently.

This is a public service message.....

Oh and so I remain on topic some thin cloud holding up the temperature, currently 5.2C, with a DP of -0.8C.

Thank You

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, jethro said:

I did! And candles.........throwback to constant strikes in the 1970s!

• Like 1

Posted

just one thing  ,although very young,i never forgot the sight of the numerous dead birds in the 63 winter,now im not drawing comparisons but if you get a chance to feed the birds please do it,the sight of the robins was really so sad...appeal over

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Posted

Have stocked up on bird food. I don't think there's much that I haven't stocked up on........even mouthwash and facial wipes! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

My other half always says I look after the birds and squirrels better than I look after him lol.

The birds have been very busy here today, even the squirrels have visited more today than any other day this winter.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

No ones even commented on the GFS.... I know UKMO was ok but what about GFS?!

eyes down for ECM

:help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
7 minutes ago, noggin said:

Have stocked up on bird food. I don't think there's much that I haven't stocked up on........even mouthwash and facial wipes! 

Bird food ordered today here too :)

• Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, jethro said:

The M4 has been put into reverse thrust mode, all snow will be stopped at the border and sent south again. Nobody else is nicking it this time, it's all ours.

You can have it ?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
40 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

easy....

5a8efe1a641c3_download(1).thumb.jpg.79bc708d388f9d5f7e3ac556e2f4f0ce.jpg

and

5a8efe2d6d761_download(2).thumb.jpg.4b8b6682d42bb335f387ed10e063faa3.jpg

come on mother nature, bring it on, I'm ready for anything you can throw at me!

• Like 2