Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Great looking charts again this morning, ecm rolling out and also looking good up to 96hrs, cold just getting in... Getting closer.

Can it be Monday already please.

• Like 2

Posted

Now might be the time if you have elderly relatives, friends and neighbours, to get them prepared in whatever way possible. Dangerous times for our older generation. We wouldn't be here without them ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Another upgrade, is that possible, according to latest ECM accumulation graphs, in inches 

S80222-07011240.jpg

S80222-07021386.jpg

S80222-07003926.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

What I’m finding odd is the difference between what is modelled and what is being forecast. In my ten years of watching these models it’s always the same. Models are predicting minus 14 uppers etc and people are talking of a foot of snow. The bbc forecast for Wolviston in Teesside gives us highs of 4 degrees all next week with the odd snow flurry, what’s going on.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, rdt123 said:

What I’m finding odd is the difference between what is modelled and what is being forecast. In my ten years of watching these models it’s always the same. Models are predicting minus 14 uppers etc and people are talking of a foot of snow. The bbc forecast for Wolviston in Teesside gives us highs of 4 degrees all next week with the odd snow flurry, what’s going on.

BBC apps are not very good at any thing past 3 days, metoffice app better (though still at more than 3 days out) not to be taking literally.

I do believe ever since bbc have started using meteogroup, their data is different to met that is fed into thier apps. Plus they always seem to be playing catch up on the forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Right that's it im telling the kids :cold::cold::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Posted
1 hour ago, rdt123 said:

Dfff

Ignore their temperature forecasts and even the snow predictions until t+24, then you will get a much better idea,maxima early next week will be 0-2 c.  Enjoy.

1 hour ago, rdt123 said:

Posted

I wouldn't tell them to expect a foot of snow though.
High Pressure is never far away, there will be white and wintry scenes and several days will barely get above freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Ok I'll wait till tomorrow's 12z :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

Tuesday looking the pick of the week for prolonged snow maybe, heavy snow showers there after as with this mornings charts.

Await met office warnings as we head in to the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, NickR said:

Haven't had a chance to look.. how is the 06z looking?

Superb to the end of high resolution

Posted

Well I've told my kids, as they asked, that there is a chance that school MAY be closed next Thursday/Friday if the snow comes.

It's ok though, they promised not to tell the other kids at school!

• Like 2

Posted

Im off all next week as well so great timing, going to try and built an igloo :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: not fussed

I've just mentioned on social media that a very cold period is heading our way, for Sunderland and the north east  with the potential for snow etc, the post was ridiculed by a few asking if I'm 'a Daily Express reader' :sorry:(as if !) and the other response 'there's nothing on the BBC site or app' ... now I hope the easterly beast comes along and bites those doubters on the ass :D 

• Like 1

Posted

The GFS accumulation charts look more realistic than ECM ones and looking at the cover would suggest convectivity factored in. Scrolling through GFS gives the North East snow every day from Tuesday until 10th March, bar a brief mild sector on the 5th but with an established cold pool could well be a battlefield set up that day before the colder aur returns.

First chart up to next Friday, second shows the following Friday. Remember there'll be no melt between falls.

S80222-11422088.jpg

S80222-11431940.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Yeah the BBC are handling this very poor or are been very cautious, totally out of sync with the Met Office

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Boro Snow said:

Yeah the BBC are handling this very poor or are been very cautious, totally out of sync with the Met Office

I think they always have, probably scared of being sued if they get it wrong. I have always found whenever there's snow forecast even within 48hrs. They slow there graphics down considerably and stretch 24hrs out across the whole transmission as opposed to normal reports which go 2 to 4 days ahead.

Obviously on the week ahead forecast they have to but are still very much hedging their bets saying or could go south, sounds like back covering to me. It's the BBC they like to cover their backs on everything.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not warmth

Having to update our business continuity plan at work for getting staff in. I was ridiculed to start with when I mentioned it.....?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dahonis said:

Having to update our business continuity plan at work for getting staff in. I was ridiculed to start with when I mentioned it.....?

I work in the civil service would love a snow day or two next week. But supposedly in the civil service if you’re place of work is within 60 minutes waking distance you are meant to walk to work! Sod that! Do we reckon it could be as disruptive and severe as 2008/09, 2009/10?

Posted
10 minutes ago, Dahonis said:

Yeah I asked work if I could snaffle a small bag of salt from our main site which had 50 bags, given my location is tricky at best of times and suffering from long time sciatica makes it very painful shovelling snow.  I was told a Big fat no, I'm hoping now it's blizzards every day ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 hour ago, Boro Snow said:

Im off all next week as well so great timing, going to try and built an igloo :rofl:

Liam Dutton saying the snow will be dry the wrong type for building a snowman