Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

4 minutes ago, geordiekev said:

The low system is clearly seen below with the more intense stuff a couple of hours away I would think

S80226-21442010.jpg

Omg I see the beast. Looks more like the Easter bunny come early...

• Haha 2
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. They're attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down.  Thank God for regionals and happy to see that w

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, geordiekev said:

The low system is clearly seen below with the more intense stuff a couple of hours away I would think

S80226-21442010.jpg

Yeah the low is sliding south West with the must intence precipitation on its western flank so should give us all a spell of snow. Heavy showers forming behind it also. 

Looking at the lamppost I can see very slight and very light flakes just blowing about. Looks more like dandruff to be fair but looks like heavier stuff is on the way.

3 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Isn't it brilliant for us on the coast especially, watching the radar and not worrying about the Dew points or uppers knowing that it will all be snow

The con is we don't get to do it very often.

Looks like the low feature is further north, and on a path for Cumbria - fingers crossed, the amber warning might be in the wrong place! Off to bed rather get up early then spend the next couple of hours radar watching. 

3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Looks like the low feature is further north, and on a path for Cumbria - fingers crossed, the amber warning might be in the wrong place! Off to bed rather get up early then spend the next couple of hours radar watching. 

Surely it's not going to miss us here in the entirely in that way! :O

1 minute ago, Freezing-Point said:

The track of this feature has been pulling North.  First I was going for Teeside landfall, then Wearside, now Tyneside.  Just goes to show, the only method of snow casting is nowcasting.  It would not surprise me to see it change still

Oh for gawd's sake... so you reckon we'll miss out?

Just now, Freezing-Point said:

No.  I think you are in a prime position.  Just take your snow shield down

Oops! Just realise I'd left the oven door open. Sorted.

• Haha 1