Snow?

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Amazing view from mine right now moon and an angry orange sky! 

Posted Images

First flakes spotted in the streetlight. Grainy at the moment as the initial wave of cold displaces some higher dew points but they should drop off quickly as the flow embeds.

I'm going to have to call it a night now in the interests of getting up for work!

• Thanks 1

Tbh anything you get today is a bonus the real fun is through Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. Having said that I looked out of the window earlier on and I did see one flake of dandruff blowing in the wind. 

Intensity finally picking up. We have our first shower of the week.

Edited by Snowmaggedon
  • Thanks 1

I can't see this getting going for us today. The models always had more convincing convection further south for this period and that is what has happened/is happening.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NickR said:

I can't see this getting going for us today. The models always had more convincing convection further south for this period and that is what has happened/is happening.

Yee of little faith. The radar is slowly getting better for us. I expect the showers to get heavier and more widespread later this pm.

• Like 1

A fair few more moderate showers showing on the radar now, been snowing on and off since i woke at 6am.

Class this as the appitiser...

always the case with showers, some get one after another after another, while someone 10 miles up the road gets only one.

I am certain that EVERYONE at some point this week will get there fair share in the end, we have potentially another 120 hours of snow ahead so lets not complain when we are only a couple of hours in please :cold::good:

• Like 2