Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

I think make the most of the next few days comes to mind the models are looking poor from around Tuesday onwards.

I don't foresee anything exceptionally mild but high single figures by day should become more common

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. They're attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down.  Thank God for regionals and happy to see that w

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NorthEastSnow said:

This runway of no showers all day has got me very angry lol. 

0296D435-B0AD-4FCD-9EB0-59B028A94A32.jpeg

Yes, I'm under that gap too. Very frustrating watching most of it pass to the north or south of us. Also, why do the showers pep up once they hit land? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Slysi100 said:

Yes, I'm under that gap too. Very frustrating watching most of it pass to the north or south of us. Also, why do the showers pep up once they hit land? 

Sure it is the interaction and forcing of the land mass, may be wrong.

Convection really exploding in small showers out there.  Another line of heavy showers incoming probably Tyne and  Wear area.  South of the region looking interesting too.

Edit:  As per @Northumberland snowman has alluded to above.

Edited by P-M
  • Like 1

That was a fun drive home, that feeling of jeopardy really gets the blood circulating. Still chucking it down though lighter atm. Feeling sorry for horses at bottom of garden though, especially when they have stables ❄

Screenshot_20190201-193624_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

This runway of no showers all day has got me very angry lol. 

0296D435-B0AD-4FCD-9EB0-59B028A94A32.jpeg

I know the feeling.  Was the same here until that streamer put almost 2" down.  In beast in March I was under a snow shield and probably only had 2" without the drifts.  I felt jinxed

5 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

I know the feeling.  Was the same here until that streamer put almost 2" down.  In beast in March I was under a snow shield and probably only had 2" without the drifts.  I felt jinxed

Well now I know you feeling it’s rubbish lol. One of them 2” showers will do me. 

The N.Sea is absolutely exploding now.  Snow from Northumberland down to Teeside.   People on the coast are reporting thunder out at sea and looking at the intensity of the ppn it does not surprise me.

Just to show the locality of these bands.  I was out for dinner in Stannington up the A1.  Clear sky.  5 miles down the road at Moor Farm heavy snow......

image.thumb.png.d2eaa5916265b6895d74b43e4d4819db.png

• Like 2