Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
Just now, Snowmaggedon said:

Anyone expecting our yellow warnings for snow to be upgraded to amber (or even red) at any point next week? 

Wouldn't be surprised mate, if the models are anything like right we deserve at least a couple of red ones. Not that I would suggest a North East badge of honour of course?

Posted

I'm ready for flat-roof-snow-patrol... If it builds up, I need to shift it from the flat roof of the shoddily built extension from decades back on my house!

Edited by NickR

Posted
2 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Warnings will be issued for thursday today, plus warnings already in place will be updated too.

I expect an amber warning being issued today if not then tomorrow for our region!

That would be great! 

So are we expecting a continuation of North Sea showers Thursday/Friday? Only reason I say that is because I had a dream last night in which the North East was forecast to have a huge electrical snowstorm on Friday! :D

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

That would be great! 

So are we expecting a continuation of North Sea showers Thursday/Friday? Only reason I say that is because I had a dream last night in which the North East was forecast to have a huge electrical snowstorm on Friday! :D

Have you been on the sauce again?

Posted

Wit so much convective activity forecast for such a long period of time I’m not expecting the big discrepancies in totals. I think we will all do well out of this , some days favoring south toward teesside, others further north, could be wrong but this isn’t just a one off overnight event 

Posted
7 minutes ago, rdt123 said:

Wit so much convective activity forecast for such a long period of time I’m not expecting the big discrepancies in totals. I think we will all do well out of this , some days favoring south toward teesside, others further north, could be wrong but this isn’t just a one off overnight event 

We also have the feature on Tuesday which should give a pretty uniform coverage. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, garylaverick said:

We also have the feature on Tuesday which should give a pretty uniform coverage. 

Interesting feature that. Amazingly it’s been modeled by the gfs/ecm for at least three days now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold , snow . Hot sunny

Looks good Tuesday morning all of us should get a few hours of heavy snow . What time are the snow showers starting tonight ? 

Posted
12 minutes ago, garylaverick said:

It’s a shame that the bulk of this little feature now looks to hit humberside. As always though could change.

Posted
1 minute ago, NorthEastSnow said:

It’s a shame that the bulk of this little feature now looks to hit humberside. As always though could change.

Doesn't it then move up to us, though?

Posted

That little niggle aside, we're still looking plumb for loads of convection up to 90h at least on the 06z, although the amounts look quite a lot reduced from the 00z. Any thoughts?

Edited by NickR

Posted
4 minutes ago, NickR said:

That little niggle aside, we're still looking plumb for loads of convection up to 90h at least on the 06z, although the amounts look quite a lot reduced from the 00z. Any thoughts?

Looks slightly more to me on the 6z at 96h compared to 00z at 102h. Waiting for the short range models now really to provide more clarity, NW Extra radar app loaded up too.

96-777UK.gif

102-777UK.gif

Posted

East Ireland will eclipse all of us looking at the ICON 06z. Now THAT is a heavy, HEAVY blizzard!

Posted

The low coming up is slightly further East on this run, which looks to me to give us a better wind direction for convective showers. It's slightly more Easterly rather then ESE.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
21 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

ICON 06z snow predictions

tempresult_bed9.gif

Most of the PPN on that doesn't move inland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, Boro Snow said:

Also showing rain at times under -14 uppers something probably not right with it this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)
1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

Don't worry about that, icon prone to keep showers at sea...

So apart from the features you see crossing the region all the rest will be snow showers and THEY WILL move inland!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

So another cracking set of charts for our region this morning, yes slightly less cold air above at weekend but at the surface still lots of snow as we stay just on right side of low moving north.

Remember the deep cold will be well established by the time this modeled low arrives, so if uppers are slightly higher it won't make a difference to us.

Plus IF gfs is right, the second low will also bump into the cold air over us to give another snow event... Happy days :cold::yahoo:

Edited by doctor32
  • Like 1