Snow?

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Amazing view from mine right now moon and an angry orange sky! 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Unless something special is going to happen soon am not sure the warnings were warranted again. For this part of the region. Just a cold rainy night. 

It certainly looks a bust around Teesside and Darlo just cold rain bar a 10 minute or so spell right at the end before it cleared through

I think the warnings were needed, lots of accidents on roads this evening. Roads closed. Power outages and Freezing rain and snow for some.

Only need to get out and about the region to see the 'in places' atrocious driving conditions.

Granted for many in certain areas it has just been a cold wet day ?

• Like 1

Not much to report, a thin covering on top of an icy mess. Still ice pellets blowing in the wind but its absolutely bitter.

Still Day 2 in my book, with day 1 way way back in October, now that was special, 5 inches that day, who would have thought today's conditions wouldn't deliver in comparison.

20181215_202650.jpg

20181027_113332.jpg

Edited by geordiekev
37 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Gateshead just now...

GH_A695B1.jpg

GH_A692A1.jpg

GH_A692B1.jpg

Just discovered those traffic cameras this year, were a godsend for the Beast to see which routes open or to avoid as radio updates were slow to update at ungodly hours on night shifts.

https://www.netrafficcams.co.uk/map

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 2