Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Another glorious day in Darlo with unbroken sunshine all day bit more of a breeze than previous days but it isn't spoiling the day by any means just helping to keep the humidity low

• Like 1

Cloud starting to roll in grrrrrrrrrr

Some along the coast might see something brighter this evening

51d0651d-dc93-4525-8d7c-e05a15562146.thumb.png.cf7106f5c840beed2702e4e72156c0c9.png

Fog tried to push in soon after sunrise then mid-afternoon quite a serious low cloud layer arrived but breaking again now.
Nice cool breeze and still reached 20 about 1pm

Video from this morning about 6:30am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K49FJZLxxKA

Edited by 4wd

Luckly i have escaped to the caravan in ripon again this weekend so managed to miss the cloud rolling in from the east as i left aycliffe.

Glorious and sunny down here still but a strong breeze has took edge of temps.

Still very nice sitting out on decking though 😎

Another day of crystal clear skies . Incredible really 

A little bit more high cloud today otherwise little change from previous days lots of brown grass around town now

Yes, sun more hazy today but ironically it has felt warmer today... Long may it continue (we do need some rain though)

3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

A little bit more high cloud today otherwise little change from previous days lots of brown grass around town now

turning into a very nice summer so far after a very interesting winter - like it😁. now if England could only go and win the world cup mmmmmm!!!!!! - now that would be a good summer

• Like 1

Looks like a very warm weekend is on the cards the region with temps in the mid to upper 20s inland

I can see today been very warm already 19c here I reckon 26+ could be on the cards

22.4C here already, wind is picking up though so may not go much higher.
It's from NNW rather than NE for a change.

24.7 now but the cloud is moving in from the west unfortunately 

It's really come in dark late afternoon but not a drop of rain/shower to be seen on radar. 24C was the high about 2pm, 19C now.

back from a short break in Jersey earlier - even though it was warm there, it  felt good to arrive back in the warmth of the toon - and England into the next round - its coming home😀

A little light drizzle this morning, but not quantifiable, meaning no measurable rain for 19 days now. Seems like this will extend considerably as high pressure re-asserts itself. 

Shock horror, there was some light drizzle in Newcastle around noon today! Enough to dampen the ground. I also experienced very short sporadic blobs of rain travelling along A69 as far west as Haltwhistle. Alas, on return to Cumbria, bone dry still.. 

It felt quite cool this morning in Newcastle as well. 

Looking further ahead, a more typical west-east divide looks like resurfacing, greatest threat of rain for the west, by the weekend. Temps still notably warm, but not significantly so, we are entering the warmest period of the year now, when average maxima climbs easily into the low 20s.

• Like 1

Welcome rain today in Northumberland sure the farmers will be pleased.  My selfish side didnt want any rain as i was wanting the extremely dry weather to continue to see how dry everything became but my sensible side knows how important it was today considering the models are showing nothing else for next couple of weeks.

Plenty more to come looking at the radar

Just now, Boro Snow said:

Plenty more to come looking at the radar

Just starting now

Got deluged on the Western bypass around 1pm, but less than 2mm in Durham. Looks like it could rain again at the moment, but 2mm will make very little difference to deficits. The radar  seems to route the rain to the West and East of Durham, but no direct hit.

Edited by Larger than average Hobo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Just starting now

Hopefully it will get rid of all the flying ants that have suddenly appeared tonight

5 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Hopefully it will get rid of all the flying ants that have suddenly appeared tonight

One of the bleeders landed on my arm... Bad move...