Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Although a lul in showers now evident on radar for areas south of newcastle, a change in wind direction will pull the showers back in later today to most areas, again forming in bands.

Looks like heavier stuff will once again be during the night.

Just my take on this mind.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. They're attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down.  Thank God for regionals and happy to see that w

Posted Images

Looking at the satellite loop more closely, if you look at the far right of the image, you can see showers setting up and moving east into more southern areas of the region. They are difficult to see at first as they are obscured by the light cloud moving north above them.

Guys... just to reiterate: what a period of weather. I'm rarely venturing into more general UK threads, though it appears we have done particularly well. Above all I love the fact that we have not just had loads of snow (13" here!), but that we tend to get the most brutal conditions. Love it. Love the NE.

I'm already planning my family trip up into the Pennines to see the mountains of snow at the weekend...

• Like 2

Thought I'd share this. Big up to my milkman yesterday a lone pint of milk delivered in this weather. Considering my local shop has ran out of bread milk and eggs but strangely had a delivery of Duracell batteries then this went down well for me brew! Have I already shared this I have snow brain and can't remember lol 

20180228_080939.jpg

Edited by P-M

Well, it's all gone quiet in here. Don't suppose there is much happening, the radar is relatively quiet right now.

Meto showing heavy snow/snow showers all afternoon, but seems a bit quiet, is something brewing like yesterday lunchtime?

alnwick area has been under a huge streamer for hours and through night!!!!! the A1 is now closed both directions up there!!! must getting pretty bad

I think we'll see the shower intensity on the forecast change for Fri/Sat.  If the wind dies down a bit as expected the showers should have more time to pick up moisture from the sea and also when they hit land wont be moving as fast above us so should drop more.