Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, North East Blizzard said:

Cleared the bin at 11.30 last night, absolutely bleaching it down 😁

IMG_20180228_074605.jpg

Looks great.  Thats what I was hoping for here

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Freezing-Point said:

See the streamer above us.  Morpeth is under that and has had about 5" overnight.  Was supposed to be taking my cat to the vets there this morning.  Think I will cancel

Yeah, its the difference of 40 miles north / south. Newcastle has missed everything 'bad' so far. only an inch or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big rumble of thunder ust now in Spennymoor. 

Edited by DJovengloves
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, izi said:

Yeah, its the difference of 40 miles north / south. Newcastle has missed everything 'bad' so far. only an inch or two.

yep im 4 miles north of morpeth and completely missing everything. Oh well at least the car doesn't need cleaned off! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gordonm said:

yep im 4 miles north of morpeth and completely missing everything. Oh well at least the car doesn't need cleaned off! lol

Its funny how locations do better based purely of wind direction. Easterly and northeasterly is good for Newcastle, SEasterly not so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, izi said:

Its funny how locations do better based purely of wind direction. Easterly and northeasterly is good for Newcastle, SEasterly not so good.

Even worse for here!

If you've missed out, don't look at the 6 or 12 hour accumulation charts on the radar. It's galling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NickR said:

Even worse for here!

If you've missed out, don't look at the 6 or 12 hour accumulation charts on the radar. It's galling.

expect a pretty snowy hour for durham in a few mins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20180228_080939.jpg

 

Well, they managed to deliver me milk God knows how !,

Edited by P-M
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Isolated Frost said:

expect a pretty snowy hour for durham in a few mins

If the line doesn't edge northwards... then possibly so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, izi said:

Its funny how locations do better based purely of wind direction. Easterly and northeasterly is good for Newcastle, SEasterly not so good.

Hope I hope not.  It has been North Easterly / Easterly and Newcastle has missed most of it.  Hoping that when the wind changes to ESE we get more showers

Edited by Freezing-Point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NickR said:

If the line doesn't edge northwards... then possibly so!

dark sky is usually on the money with its 1h precip forecasts

C8CD9168-1E89-4965-9046-3FBF8098A662.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an icicle bigger than a lampost.:laugh:

 

20180228_081957.thumb.jpg.3150a78a0519977a99d803acf7399888.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be plenty intese showers rolling in off the north sea.  North of durham though so missing myself :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any comparisons of how this week is matching up to late Jan 2013 week in terms of snowfall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my Brother on the phone.  He tried to get to work from Morpeth to Hepscott, but the the farm road is blocked by 6ft drifts along its length.  He abandoned the car and managed to walk the rest of the way.   He has just got the tractor out which has a snow plough fitted and is going to try and open the road and rescue his car......  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

Just had my Brother on the phone.  He tried to get to work from Morpeth to Hepscott, but the the farm road is blocked by 6ft drifts along its length.  He abandoned the car and managed to walk the rest of the way.   He has just got the tractor out which has a snow plough fitted and is going to try and open the road and rescue his car......  

oh thats hard to take for me lol im so close! not snowed here for 6 hours! and when it did it was hail so fine it made no difference

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our three kids attend three different schools, two primary and one secondary, all closed today.

Not as confident this morning of a good day though, we are in the bowl that somehow didn't go amber and I thought (hoped) it would have changed overnight. :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chris. said:

Is Durham in a streamer @NickR

Yes. Not sure it'll last, but yes. Just taking the kids to school!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy?

We need the winds to change to direct easterly for us I think,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×