Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
35 minutes ago, gazzac69 said:

Snowing moderately here in Westmoor big flakes, not lying but makes it feel festive

Same here snowing but shame it’s now lying. Like you said festive al the same. Merry Xmas  

Posted

Moderate snowfall in Whitley Bay, 500m from the sea. Not going to settle but it was a surprise when I walked out of the supermarket. 

20201224_150414.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Snowing here in South Shields moderate falls, almost blizzard conditions in that strong northerly. Starting to settle on the cars and grass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Snow falling here in Thornaby too just a bit wet .. but lovely and festive. 

hopefully as evening draws in and temperature drops slightly it may start to lay.

Still hoping the showers can keep going overnight so I get my Newcastle White Xmas Bet up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

It’s laying!!! Roofs and cars are white!! Now the ground just to go ...

Im dreaming of a white Christmas.......

Edited by Snowstorm1
  • Like 1

Posted

Good too see the snow reports coming in from the North East today(would of seen some myself if Boris did not change his xmas plans!). I must say though, the forecasts going for showers perhaps a little wintry was so cautious, -6 to around -8 upper air temps and a offshore wind was bound to bring at least some snow, was always going to be a question if much would actually lie on the ground at lower levels(shame this set up did not occur overnight) but as usual the beeb is hesitant to use that 4 letter word.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

I live in higher part of Gateshead near Wrekentom. Lots of snow showers through the day. A covering on cars, paths and grass. Going to feel quite festive in morning. Always do well off a northerly here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening, and a very Merry Christmas to all Members of this Regional Forum, from a South East interloper.

Newcastle was a location that figured in Category 6 (White Christmas), of my Winter Weather Predicting Competition. 

Can any Member confirm whether or not, Newcastle has had any Snow so far?

Just a single Snowflake counts.

Much thanks.

TomSE12  ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)
2 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening, and a very Merry Christmas to all Members of this Regional Forum, from a South East interloper.

Newcastle was a location that figured in Category 6 (White Christmas), of my Winter Weather Predicting Competition. 

Can any Member confirm whether or not, Newcastle has had any Snow so far?

Just a single Snowflake counts.

Much thanks.

TomSE12  ❄️

No Snow in Newcastle today, sorry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold or extreme heat!

We always seem to be the quietest region in the UK on here!!

Nothing notable up here for a while it looks unless a few showers pepper in the next 24 hours. Higher land may do well?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves and anything extreme

No snow on Northumberland coast this morning but very heavy frost made me think something had fallen when i first looked out the winter at 7am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What are people's thoughts on this band of showers forecast to hit this evening? I fear it could be a little sleety at lower levels and by the coast. Consett should do well though. The radar is already showing plenty of heavy showers in the north sea atm.

See below euro 4 chart for this evening, this looks promising.

Screenshot_20201228-084819.png

Edited by Northumberland snowman

Posted

Always like to pop into this thread, I tend to post in the NW thread as our weather is usually more akin to conditions in the rest of the NW region than anywhere else. Tends to be a calmer and more level-headed thread.

It is quiet generally because there are fewer members and less population in the NE region.

It is the region where marginality is much less of an issue usually.

I think there will be a few snowy surprises for much of the region in the days ahead.

• Like 4

Posted

Probably a bit of everything off those North-sea showers when they spread inland later on in the day,with a good chance of hail and thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW / THUNDER

Looks like the shower activity will increase this evening and later tonight, as others have said marginal at the coast with some decent falls inland.  With light winds and the showers moving through slowly some favoured spots will get a good covering ❄️.  Prospects are looking great this year for the chance of deep cold fingers crossed!

• Like 1