Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
2 minutes ago, Stozzy said:

Line of showers developing off hull area moving north west could deliver for south of the region 

You could well be right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

That looks like a little beast of a shower up near Ashington wouldn't mind being under that 

Posted

Good luck to those in the east of the region - could be a number of hefty showers in the next 24-36 hours, giving some decent totals. 

Slight chance an odd rogue one may make it over the Pennines - but suspect most will die of death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well its -1.9C here. A band of showers heading directly towards me.  Marginal does not even come to mind  How much will there be does.  Just the way it should beimage.thumb.png.819e6bc0a236dd45be6590ba6bee4b0e.png

• Like 2

Posted

Looks pretty rubbish in the Durham area. Any hope later on? Or is it basically a Tyneside affair tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

They look to be heading more direct west rather than nw on the radar to me; more so as they get closer to the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
1 minute ago, NickR said:

Looks pretty rubbish in the Durham area. Any hope later on? Or is it basically a Tyneside affair tonight?

No all areas in with a good chance will probably get going soon, North Sea about to come alive

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, NickR said:

Certainly not for the next couple of hours.  But you did get the first one?  After that who knows.  The wind is set to slowly change direction so they could turn up anywhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Shouldn't laugh, but after 200 pgs of guff in MAD thread over last week, SE looks a fail. Glad to see the thread back to some normality discussing future chances/trends.

I think it took us 2 years to get this thread to 100 pgs only for someone to press delete button last Feb.

Got a 5am start in morning so gutted cant stay up for radar watch as was surprised at intensity earlier, though very localised.

Drove from my town in heavy snow to Consett that had none, but left restaurant to spectacular showers and nothing falling in home town. 

Good ole north sea convection ❄⛄

20190131_201220.jpg

20190131_204002.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

Certainly not for the next couple of hours.  But you did get the first one?  After that who knows.  The wind is set to slowly change direction so they could turn up anywhere

Yes, but it was pretty tame compared to what's coming into Newcastle. I'll see what the night brings. Will the winds veer more NEly later?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Need the winds to veer e/ne not good at the mo for the south of the region, and to top it off Boros deadline day is pathetic

Posted
2 minutes ago, NickR said:

Yes, but it was pretty tame compared to what's coming into Newcastle. I'll see what the night brings. Will the winds veer more NEly later?

According to the latest GFS run yes.  Midnight Vs 3am.....

image.thumb.png.e1a28baf061fe055e151c2c6b3376275.pngimage.thumb.png.18e80605ceb8bdde41779cc0ba8c6c12.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Steady stream moving in from radar and poss effect more southerly of region later on if winds turn slightly more SE rather than Easterly.

Edit:from above suggestion NE, might just have to wait up and see I think and suffer at work at 5am.

Screenshot_20190131-221421_Chrome.jpg

Edited by geordiekev

Posted

light snow falling in West moor -  my 1st snow report of the winter. get in!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Freezing-Point said:

According to the latest GFS run yes.  Midnight Vs 3am.....

image.thumb.png.e1a28baf061fe055e151c2c6b3376275.pngimage.thumb.png.18e80605ceb8bdde41779cc0ba8c6c12.png

Cheers! Fingers crossed we all get a decent amount, then. Though I think my folks in E Kent will be getting a lot more than me!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all, remember March? can't believe it was nearly a year ago. It has been a bit galling again this winter to see everybody else but us up here getting snow, but now it is OUR time you're. I have of course ruined our chances by promising my daughter's sledging session on Saturday. Btw, nowt here in Ryton yet!

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

You could well be right

The problem with this shower it seems by the time it gets here the wind changes direction and misses us lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Plenty showers out at sea...

That area over hull could increase chances for south of region later as already pointed out.Screenshot_20190131-222615.thumb.png.1b5d36cb0fe14821411c0e09357c4092.png

Posted

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. They're attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down. 

Thank God for regionals and happy to see that we all support each others luck and joy up here. A pleasure as ever NE coldies ❄⛄

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 3

Posted

got a light dusting here from that shower that passed over and its stuck 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, geordiekev said:

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. There attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down. 

Thank God for regionals and happy to see that we all support each others luck and joy up here. A pleasure as ever coldies ❄⛄

Given the decent dumpings we got last year and the fact we've generally had at least one hefty fall every year for a while (plus the fact I drag the kids up to the Pennines whenever there's a big fall), when I told my 8yo boy that his grandparents would be getting a lot of snow, he asked how much... I said, about 7cm (showing him how much that was)... Great NE kid-used-to-snow response: "well that's not much!".