Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot
12 hours ago, 4wd said:

There seems to be some indication of a marked improvement during first week of April.
Still a way off ,but the longer the cool temperatures persist, the more dramatic will be the sudden change eventually.

Yeah it's quite bizarre today as my face is burnt from eating my lunch in the Sun at work yesterday, and I'm not that fair. Yet had to deice this morning for the drive in the dark. The hour change made a big difference to the amount of wildlife and roadkill spotted at 5am with an owl flying low only metres from windscreem and a badger caught out by increased traffic ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

At Bellingham from Tuesday onwards for 3 days.

Forecast looks wintery - a heads up on the roads and the Kielder area would be welcome - I take it you have dug youself out of the previous? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost

As much as I love the snow and cold, I'm sat in the garden with just a pair of shorts on, it's lovely to finally feel some sun.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Not much change this morning for easter weekend.

Still looking unsettled, still looking colder and still the chance of snow.

Snow at first on higher ground but this to low lying areas too later.

These conditions continue into next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Good Friday to Easter Sunday forecast from the met office

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Unsettled with bright or sunny spells and showers or longer spells of rain, and some hill snow. Probably drier and brighter by Sunday. Chilly with some overnight frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

We currently have a hail shower

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

Yep, showers building across the region with some hail mixed in.

Posted

Snow warning issued for Monday

• Darlington
  • Durham
  • Gateshead
  • Northumberland

Between 00:15 Mon 2nd and 23:45 Mon 2nd

Possibility of heavy snow over parts of England, Wales and southern Scotland, especially for high ground. Travel may be affected.

What to expect

• There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel
  • There is a slight chance that some rural communities could become cut off
  • There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected

Further details

As a weather system moves in from the south and comes up against cold air over the UK, there is the chance that rain could turn to heavy snow in places. Several cm of snow are possible, especially over hills, with drifting in strong winds. There is also the possibility of a few cm of wet snow gathering at lower levels. At present the extent and amounts of any snow are very uncertain, and it is quite possible that snow might not be too disruptive.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=ne&date=2018-04-02&regionType=area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Snow warning issued for Monday

• Darlington
  • Durham
  • Gateshead
  • Northumberland

Possibility of heavy snow over parts of England, Wales and southern Scotland, especially for high ground. Travel may be affected.

What to expect

• There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel
  • There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected

Further details

As a weather system moves in from the south and comes up against cold air over the UK, there is the chance that rain could turn to heavy snow in places. Several cm of snow are possible, especially over hills, with drifting in strong winds. There is also the possibility of a few cm of wet snow gathering at lower levels. At present the extent and amounts of any snow are very uncertain, and it is quite possible that snow might not be too disruptive.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=ne&date=2018-04-02&regionType=area

I am Delighted to say Happy Days the spring that just keeps on giving :D

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

I am Delighted to say Happy Days the spring that just keeps on giving :D

Not sure how much we'd see at lower levels mind if it arrives during the day probably not much

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Not sure how much we'd see at lower levels mind if it arrives during the day probably not much

Not much lying snow i would expect but falling snow very possible.

This really does depend on timing, track and intenisity...

Very much a nowcast event.

Posted

Well what a stressfull start to my weekend away in the lakes.

Took me nearly 4 hours to get here due to A66 being closed and multiple diversions.

Then got to hotel and the room was terrible, made a complaint and the weren't interested... Paid £350 for a two night stay in a so called luxury hotel, when in reality i have stayed in better quality premier inns.

So demanded a refund and managed to get a room elsewhere at cheaper price and far superior room.

Rant over! At least i drove through a snow shower and plenty of snow drifts still on tops of peninnes and peaks

Edited by doctor32

Posted

just back from a short stay in Faro (Portugal) weather was lush - burnt bonce(happens every time) come back to a weather warning for snow on Monday - nice:)

• Like 2

Posted

I have just zoomed in on the snow warning map and Darlington, Gateshead & Durham are not actually within the warning zone the warnings are to the west of these locations

98c533f1-5689-4ffb-827f-74ef15e10fbe.thumb.png.5057fe090f100affb25cf199e4bf648c.png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

A slight Covering on some grassed surfaces remain but mostly slush from the earlier fall. Takes the tally to 36 days of falling snow at home, that's on average nearly 9 days a month barring the couple of days in November so not naff at all.

Just had a heavy hail shower, to add I've loved the fog that has shrouded the Tyne an Derwent Valley these last couple of morning's. It's always a magical sight.

P60920-062058.jpg

Edited by geordiekev

Posted
55 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

I have just zoomed in on the snow warning map and Darlington, Gateshead & Durham are not actually within the warning zone the warnings are to the west of these locations

98c533f1-5689-4ffb-827f-74ef15e10fbe.thumb.png.5057fe090f100affb25cf199e4bf648c.png

Good old met office with there warnings. They do it on purpose am sure of it lol. 

Posted

Tomorrow looks like it will be a rotten old day with cold rain persisting for most of the day some snow on the hills is also likely

A better day on Sunday with showers becoming more isolated

Monday starting dry but a band of rain will move towards the region during late afternoon and early evening turning to sleet and snow in places

Posted

Updated snow warning for Monday

• Durham & Northumberland only

Possibility of heavy snow over parts of England, Wales and Scotland, more especially for high ground. Travel may be affected.

What to expect

Further details

As a weather system moves in from the south and comes up against cold air over the UK, there is the chance that rain could turn to heavy snow in places. Several cm of snow are possible, mainly over ground above around 200 m, with drifting in strong winds. There is also the possibility of a few cm of wet snow gathering locally at lower levels. The snow is likely to be affecting southern part of the warning area in the early part of Monday and to reach Scotland later in the day. Meanwhile, snow is likely to gradually turn to rain across Wales and central England. At present the extent and amounts of any snow remain uncertain. Although the snow may not be too disruptive, there is a small chance that snowfall could lead to disruption.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-04-02