Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Regional Forecast for North East England

Headline:

Feeling raw, with further snow showers and strong winds.

This Evening and Tonight:

Remaining bitterly cold, with raw easterly winds continuing to bring in scattered blustery snow showers from the North Sea, particularly affecting upland areas. There remains a risk of some further snow accumulation, with drifting of lying snow also expected. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Friday:

Scattered blustery snow showers will continue to arrive on a strong easterly wind, with further accumulations expected and some drifting, although the latter should improve as winds ease later. Maximum temperature 0 °C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Remaining very cold with sunny spells and further snow showers, however winds will gradually ease, with temperatures also very gradually rising. Despite this, widespread frosts and icy stretches remain likely.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
5 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Headline:

Remaining bitterly cold, with raw easterly winds continuing to bring in scattered blustery snow showers from the North Sea, particularly affecting upland areas. There remains a risk of some further snow accumulation, with drifting of lying snow also expected. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Friday:

Scattered blustery snow showers will continue to arrive on a strong easterly wind, with further accumulations expected and some drifting, although the latter should improve as winds ease later. Maximum temperature 0 °C.

Remaining very cold with sunny spells and further snow showers, however winds will gradually ease, with temperatures also very gradually rising. Despite this, widespread frosts and icy stretches remain likely.

Yesterday it was "frequent" , today "Scattered"  so probably not much tonight then.  Unless you hit lucky....

Posted

Think we need a wind change to get the showers back down this way tonight.

Don't think i will be lampost watching tonight now.

Posted

GFS looks fairly quiet for any showers tonight for much of the NE

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Could be an early night then thank God I must of slept 10 hours in total this week ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Well what a let down then.  The latest Meto forecast has basically downgraded the snow showers - I mean scattered wintry showers in an amber warning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

I would expect the warning to be removed tbh, that low pressure moving up has ruined it for us 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms
4 minutes ago, P-M said:

Well what a let down then.  The latest Meto forecast has basically downgraded the snow showers - I mean scattered wintry showers in an amber warning?

It says that anywhere the showers do fall further accumulations could occur and I guess with what's already fallen even a few more cms is potentially severe. Maybe that's why. 

Posted

Bloody Emma, never like the name Emma. haha :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Got to admit I was a little bit surprised by the extension to the amber warning

The Netweather forecast shows no snow from 10pm tonight until tomorrow morning

29a4037a-9117-420a-9a10-be133c2ef659.png

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
43 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Headline:

Friday:

least they are saying we could still get snow at the weekend which is an extension of the cold compared to what was expected earlier in the week:)

Posted

How are we looking for Friday into Sat? Didn't someone say there's the chance of bigger flakes in slower moving showers?

Posted

East of Newcastle having some heavy showers moving through 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Still a few snow flurries blowing around in Boro

same here, been like this all day, bit snow, bit graupel... occasional moderate burst.

Still snow in the forecast for the foreseable, so take each day as it comes. Might get a few suprises along the way.

Really think the cold will hang on for a couple of weeks yet with more snow. No where near as cold as this week mind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Remaining chilly through the weekend though we might just make it into positive figures by Monday we hit the dizzy highs of 3c for some!

12_51_uk2mtmp.thumb.png.767b9e482bb516a94f44843e539a8788.png12_78_uk2mtmp.thumb.png.f242229c54f2088a18e384121aa7bd89.png12_99_uk2mtmp.thumb.png.621b961d9a8354bc78e04540fd683775.png

Posted

I think the reason why we aren' seeing the shower activity is because Emma is a lot further east that expected. I wonder if the met office needs to revise the red warning 

Posted
1 minute ago, doctor32 said:

same here, been like this all day, bit snow, bit graupel... occasional moderate burst.

Still snow in the forecast for the foreseable, so take each day as it comes. Might get a few suprises along the way.

Really think the cold will hang on for a couple of weeks yet with more snow. No where near as cold as this week mind!

As it stands, I still put Nov/Dec 2010 above this for the length of the spell, the sheer weigh and volume of the snow, the fact it was all big flakes, and the fact the Wear froze over!

LOVE the blizzards this time, though. That, for me, is the defining feature of this spell.

Posted

Heavy graupel in a really stiff wind in Hexham

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.
12 minutes ago, Nick123 said:

East of Newcastle having some heavy showers moving through 

Not particularly heavy, and more snow pellets than snow flakes. Pretty quiet here this afternoon 

Posted

It's horrible to be out in. I live in Prudhoe 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.
8 minutes ago, NickR said:

As it stands, I still put Nov/Dec 2010 above this for the length of the spell, the sheer weigh and volume of the snow, the fact it was all big flakes, and the fact the Wear froze over!

LOVE the blizzards this time, though. That, for me, is the defining feature of this spell.

Completely agree, this is a cold snap not spell. 2009 & 2010 were Bette in terms of snow amounts and longevity 

Hi, Ive been watching these forums all day and thought I'd ask the question, please note I'm new to all this weather forecasting.

Is there a chance that Storm Emma could push further North? It has already tracked further east than predicted.

The fact that Storm Emma is further East is the storm does pivot west like forecast could we see the tail of the storm?