Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted

Lightning here again and Dom from the Peterlee area reported lightning just a few moments ago but neither are being registered on the detectors. Would love to see a map if they were all on there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Lightning a few times this evening. The 10pm flashes were registered but the flash a few minutes ago has not been registered. I guess it was a weak intracloud flash.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost

We have gone 30 minutes now without a blizzard, what's going on ?, best night tonight I've seen in terms of blizzards and thundersnow, hopefully we might catch a few more showers before morning or is that been greedy now!!

Posted

Back in the game in Washington now. Looks like the streamer that has been running tantalizingly close have finally moved north a smidge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, Snow, Thunder, cold crisp ice days

I have my eye on those rather large two systems with lots of potential. . Hoping these could line up for me.....

I know, I have already had 8 inches and looking for more....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost
6 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

There is still plenty more to come yet snow-mad-Dave

I spoke to soon ?

Posted

Looks to be a streamer setting up over Newcastle. Sky is super orange out east. 

Posted

These streamers are not running completely E-W so I don't think anyone will be under one for a long time. 

Anyway, I need some sleep!

Posted

That was the most enjoyably terrifying drive home from work I've ever had. Down the A1 from Washington to where I get off at Bowburn. Literally couldn't see 10' in front of the car. 

Awesome. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, DJovengloves said:

That was the most enjoyably terrifying drive home from work I've ever had. Down the A1 from Washington to where I get off at Bowburn. Literally couldn't see 10' in front of the car. 

Awesome. 

But pleased you are home safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Amazing night :D

IMAG1451.jpg

IMAG1452.jpg

IMAG1453.jpg

IMAG1454.jpg

IMAG1454.jpg

IMAG1455.jpg

IMAG1456.jpg

IMAG1457.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

The wind must be causing some serious drifts around the region. I think I could count on one hand the number of vehs that have passed since 9pm on the A692. Definitely no sign of any snow plough, but they left it till 5am yesterday but given the state of the drive home for most up here, in can't see many wanting to risk a drive in of the wind and showers continue.

P80301-000718.jpg

A strong direct easterly from the looks of it.

S80301-01510738.jpg

Edited by geordiekev

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Don't know about anyone else but there has definitely been less showers tonight than last night especially here in stockton. It was more severe last night in terms of volume of snow. The showers when they do come are sometimes only lasting 5 mins and mostly light in nature. 

Posted

WOW. Went sleep at 10 just had a look outside. Have I just woke up in the middle of the Alps? What year is it? 2010? This is quite unbelievable. 3rd consecutive day of significant snowfall. The Beast from the East has delivered. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Difficult to judge how much snow there has been here overnight as it's blown around so much.  Guessing not much though.  Maybe 1cm.  So missing any streamer set up like the fantastic one in Northumberland now.  Showers look less intense to the South.  Temp up from -4.2 last night to -3 now, so I am guessing that's the worse of it over.   Although I have been very unlucky compared to other areas as have not had any prolonged periods of showers, it's still been great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
18 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

Difficult to judge how much snow there has been here overnight as it's blown around so much.  Guessing not much though.  Maybe 1cm.  So missing any streamer set up like the fantastic one in Northumberland now.  Showers look less intense to the South.  Temp up from -4.2 last night to -3 now, so I am guessing that's the worst of it over.   Although I have been very unlucky compared to other areas as have not had any prolonged periods of showers, it's still been great.  Not great for snowfall, but for the depth of cold and wind which had led to blizzards and drifting.

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Likely to remain cold enough for snow until early next week but I think now the worst of the cold and snow is over. It's been probably the best winter weather since 2010 that's for sure.