Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Things will only get better as we hit the early hours of the morning with some form of trough feature bringing some heavy prolonged showers to the region... this happens around the time the amber warning kicks in

Posted

It seems to me that the N Sea isn't nearly as full as I thought it would be or as it has been in the past. What is happening is that the showers are intensifying over land... though often after passing the coastal strip.

Posted
1 minute ago, doctor32 said:

Things will only get better as we hit the early hours of the morning with some form of trough feature bringing some heavy prolonged showers to the region... this happens around the time the amber warning kicks in

Here's hoping.

Sorry for the downer, guys.. I know that's how I am, but today has been particularly crap in real life terms.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

Look at how the showers are developing from about 10 miles inland.  In the pics you see time snaps from the radar.  Red dot is me that completely missed the shower, but look at how it suddenly appeared and then intensified

image.thumb.png.b4472dfb5be6fca813bdbf155d606f7d.pngimage.thumb.png.89d369fdbff2f8e9d84dafe8a03aae45.pngimage.thumb.png.333728abd6a6f49b03ff5aecc76eccae.pngimage.thumb.png.444cc012800a45fef1a272c5820f1211.png

Right over us now. Whiteout, take care out there I think were going to need a biger shovel:cold::cold-emoji::yahoo:

Posted

Had to leave my car at work and get the metro home. Roads not gritted on North Shields fish quay and Tynemouth roads = one big ice skating rink. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

A lull. But the Meto seem very confident that plenty more is in the way. Roads around Newcastle are really quite treacherous, particularly the side streets. Sky is orange so would seem as though it’s only a matter of time before more snow and/or hail fall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

This is getting insane. The mix of grains then flakes grains and flakes is just piling up the snow levels. Gonna be a crazy night I think on top of the 15 cm up till this afternoon ? ❄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

The North Sea looks lit up like an Xmas tree on the radar.  I know there are gaps now in the showers but remember once the true cold passes over it will intensify and create disturbances in the flow as well.  All to play for I can't wait to see how this pans out!

This region does very well out of these set ups and usually a large part of the it too!

Edited by P-M

Posted

Heavy graupel shower now adding to the layer slightly..

Posted

we kind of had a freezing snow/hail sort of thing come down.  sounded like hail against the plastic windows.  About 15mins ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Just spoke to my Dad who is near Morpeth.  Says its barely stopped there since 5pm.  Couple of Inches down.  Radar confirms that

Posted
Just now, CPK East Durham Coast said:

It’s been 17 years since I’ve seen the sky over the sea lit like it is tonight. Going to be a busy night I think 

What about 2010?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I can see 3 troughs due in the next 24hrs that look like hitting us.  The first should be hitting this evening and the other 2 tomorrow.....  Could bring periods of prolonged heavy snow with blizzard conditionsimage.thumb.png.e8e86c53ca8c2a4b71f9cd8c216d13c0.pngimage.thumb.png.55afe97cfe7645b77ee2000f2f19ee18.png

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

Just spoke to my Dad who is near Morpeth.  Says its barely stopped there since 5pm.  Couple of Inches down.  Radar confirms that

I work there and it was already pretty deep this morning!

Posted
Just now, Freezing-Point said:

I can see 3 troughs due in the next 24hrs that look like hitting us.  The first should be hitting this evening and the other 2 tomorrow.....  Could bring periods of prolonged heavy snow with blizzard conditionsimage.thumb.png.e8e86c53ca8c2a4b71f9cd8c216d13c0.pngimage.thumb.png.55afe97cfe7645b77ee2000f2f19ee18.png

Which areas of the region would they be hitting?

Posted

Parden my amateurness,  what are you looking at for a trough feature on those fax charts?  I guess its a dip in the isobars, but cant see any?

Posted
Just now, Freezing-Point said:

So going by that FP should the first trough already be here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: not fussed

I been checking quite often on accuweather to see when the snow is heaviest over Sunderland ...

I reckon it's confusing the stars for snow :D  

not much happening here 

Capture.JPG

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris. said:

Parden my amateurness,  what are you looking at for a trough feature on those fax charts?  I guess its a dip in the isobars, but cant see any?

The black squiggly line that looks like someone has drawn it on 1st fax it's just off the east coast from our region.  2nd fax there's 2  which are shown left to right off the coast.  

Edited by P-M

Posted
11 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

That must've cheered you up, no end!