Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

3 minutes ago, NickR said:

Are we expecting it to continue tracking as westerly as it currently is? Because if that's the case, I really do think this will be a Northumberland affair mainly.

I think it'll follow the same path this initial band took

Posted
1 minute ago, NickR said:

Are we expecting it to continue tracking as westerly as it currently is? Because if that's the case, I really do think this will be a Northumberland affair mainly.

The front will be quite wavey so guessing on the direction of the PPN is so difficult as the constant changing of predictions on this thread shows. Either way, even if somehow you don't get snow or much of it, you got the convective showers to look forward too. 

• Like 1

Posted

Bulk of it looks to be going to hit just south of Alnwick?  However, the feature cropping up and intensifying infront of it will be a LOT further south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
5 minutes ago, NickR said:

I am not so sure.  There is a separate section developed to the SE.  This could happen at any time along the length.  These things are so difficult to predict and I have been caught out before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot
15 minutes ago, NickR said:

It looks like the push of snow will remain around the elbow but as it's intensifying I would expect a large swath both north and south of Durham to see something, but possibly most intense around Newcastle. If you follow that arrow around sat over the intense yellow echo it should give his indication. My geography isn't the best which is why I wish they would add wind vectors to the new radar.

S80226-22481588.jpg

Looking at a map with names on, the sweet spot could be Northumberland but the kink in the flow shows how these promote the intensifying of the showers.

S80226-22574638.jpg

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

4/10 here everywhere starting to go white :D:yahoo:

• Thanks 1

Posted

Never seen this typically dodo thread so busy :p 

one snow ‘train’ I actually think many of you are going to be too south to bag the most, I think Northumberland will do best.

0A0B9DE3-AB1E-4F97-9F75-A1352CFE5FEB.thumb.jpeg.53567eb8612783ce8885a8f7d418209c.jpeg

Posted
8 minutes ago, geordiekev said:

It looks like the push of snow will remain around the elbow but as it's intensifying I would expect a large swath both north and south of Durham to see something, but possibly most intense around Newcastle. If you follow that arrow around sat over the intense yellow echo it should give his indication. My geography isn't the best which is why I wish they would add wind vectors to the new radar.

S80226-22481588.jpg

It's tricky, but I think you're right. It is definitely filling in all over the system. Possibly around Morpeth most intense, but, yes, overall I agree.

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

one snow ‘train’ I actually think many of you are going to be too south to bag the most, I think Northumberland will do best.

0A0B9DE3-AB1E-4F97-9F75-A1352CFE5FEB.thumb.jpeg.53567eb8612783ce8885a8f7d418209c.jpeg

So nice of you to visit. :|

• Like 1

Posted

It's tricky, but I think you're right. It is definitely filling in all over the system. Possibly around Morpeth most intense, but, yes, overall I agree.

I have to get to county hall tomorrow ?

Posted

I have to get to county hall tomorrow ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: It's all about the white stuff!

I look like a right creep spying out my window ? if I tilt my head slightly left I can see the lamppost for perfect snow viewing. If I'm feeling extra energetic and sit up I can see the pavement, which is still quite wet rather than white. Cars etc are all covered 

20180226_225959.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

roy-walker-meme-generator-it-s-good-but-it-s-not-right-1b6cf9.thumb.jpg.b64c9badc7d156b4e7cdd2e274e87991.jpg

Posted

In all the time I have been following the models/forecasts, I have never seen such concensus as now, amongst us amateurs, the pros, generally the models and the media, that we are on the cusp of a great weather event that will go down in the history books, and then find it's way into social folklore, like 1947 and 1962. We are all living through a "I was there" moment, and it does feel special watching history created, albeit a little bit scary too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

It's amazing this started out as a tiny fleck about 3 hrs ago when only the snaked line was visible there was nothing initially ahead of it.

S80226-22574638.jpg

S80226-18491447.jpg

Posted
6 minutes ago, NickR said:

So nice of you to visit. :|

Bearer of good news. Could be wrong but this seems much more north than I recall seeing. :cc_confused:

Still looks decent enough for you all! 

• Like 1

Posted

Thoroughly enjoyed how these fronts have evolved tonight. There seems to be a lot of convection out in the north sea tonight so hopefully it will surprise us with the amounts we may gain. Great input from the posters too!

Moderate now in Forrest Hall!

Edited by AdrianHull
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lizmartin1981 said:

I look like a right creep spying out my window ? if I tilt my head slightly left I can see the lamppost for perfect snow viewing. If I'm feeling extra energetic and sit up I can see the pavement, which is still quite wet rather than white. Cars etc are all covered 

20180226_225959.jpg

Really, wet pavements? I thought the snow would settle instantly on all surfaces? Giving its dry snow and look an okay enough intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many
2 minutes ago, garylaverick said:

Can we start celebrating yet?!

20180226_230757.jpg

Beautiful pink 'snow sky'.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
1 minute ago, AdrianHull said:

Thoroughly enjoyed how these fronts have evolved tonight. There seems to be a lot of convection out in the north sea tonight so hopefully it will surprise us with the amounts we ma gain. Great input from the posters too!

Moderate now in Forrest Hall!

I am in Forest Hall too.  Would say its just stepped up to 5/10.  Very fine flakes but quite heavy.  Its that fine heavy rain you get that soaks you.  Nice covering now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
1 minute ago, Geordiesnow said:

Really, wet pavements? I thought the snow would settle instantly on all surfaces? Giving its dry snow and look an okay enough intensity.

My side of the road doesn't see much Sun this time of the year and we have a cm over the other side nothing