Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves and anything extreme

It doesnt seem to be developing that well in my eyes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Who else is going to try and go to bed later but actually won't because they'll be radar and forum Watching?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
Just now, Dahonis said:

Copied from the Yorkshire bit

Screenshot_20180226-200021.png

There we go that looks better ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
1 minute ago, P-M said:

Who else is going to try and go to bed later but actually won't because they'll be radar and forum Watching?

That will be me.  43.  Been snow watching since I was a kid.  Must have got if from my Dad.  He still does and is 75

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dahonis said:

Copied from the Yorkshire bit

Screenshot_20180226-200021.png

It does look much better on this radar....faith is restored.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love the snow and ice

44 always loved the snow  and always will, i get so excited. lol 

Edited by Craig Rooney
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, J-Man said:

It does look much better on this radar....faith is restored.

I think that's a forecast not actual, this is the Meto radar.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1519631700&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.45

• Like 1

Posted

Just sitting here thinking. I will be up tonight til it starts, god knows why because I know exactly what it looks like and it's only a couple of weeks ago since the last lot, but I guess you all know, you all understand don't you? Come on, admit it, you'll all be doing it, if you can. 

And of course you'll be up "for a pee" at 03.07, then, as if stirred by some magical invisible being, you'll be awake for the day half an hour earlier than usual ("oh, sorry darling, I set the clock wrong by mistake")

But you've seen it all before, like me. You've been hypnotised by a snow-filled lamp post beam, and watched for passing car headlights to see if it still snowing. You all been told " leave the bloody curtains alone, it's only snow".

And we all been told that we're just a big kid, and none of us can argue. None of us can deny any of the above, and none of us can promise not to do any of the above again.

Right, back to the radar, how sad! 

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, snowmackem said:

Just sitting here thinking. I will be up tonight til it starts, god knows why because I know exactly what it looks like and it's only a couple of weeks ago since the last lot, but I guess you all know, you all understand don't you? Come on, admit it, you'll all be doing it, if you can. 

And of course you'll be up "for a pee" at 03.07, then, as if stirred by some magical invisible being, you'll be awake for the day half an hour earlier than usual ("oh, sorry darling, I set the clock wrong by mistake")

But you've seen it all before, like me. You've been hypnotised by a snow-filled lamp post beam, and watched for passing car headlights to see if it still snowing. You all been told " leave the bloody curtains alone, it's only snow".

And we all been told that we're just a big kid, and none of us can argue. None of us can deny any of the above, and none of us can promise not to do any of the above again.

All true. My wife thinks I’m obsessed 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost

Is this turning out to be a disappointment here in Teesside so far or am I jumping the gun? Not sure which frustrates me more Mfc or our weather!!!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Freezing-Point said:

I think that is partly due to the wind dropping off ahead of the feature arriving later

Indeed. Nice to see the feature earlier shown to head in the direction of Hull, now heading straight towards Teeside later this evening.

Posted
5 minutes ago, garylaverick said:

Maybe there’s something behind that initial lot? 

Posted

Internet age is great, I used to stand outside looking North or East or at lamp post and only come in at 5 to the hour to listen to the forecast  :cold::D:yahoo:

Enjoy the snow. 63 and counting:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted

Downgrade for Boulmer on met office, now showing tonight as a sleet event. If that becomes the case I'll not be happy.

Posted

Hoping we might squeeze something from the upcoming feature, though the charts suggest it will all go to our SE.. very frustrating really. Indeed we are not under any warning tomorrow, but I'm taking these with a pinch of salt, straight lines ignoring topography never look right, and the line shown tomorrow through NW England looks just odd..

Wednesday will see our chances for heavy snow showers increase. May then have to wait until Saturday, I'll be very annoyed if it pivots and then drifts away to our south.. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

That will be me.  43.  Been snow watching since I was a kid.  Must have got if from my Dad.  He still does and is 75

My dad is 73 and a lamppost watcher, always has been. I got it from him too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, Snow, Thunder, cold crisp ice days
3 minutes ago, snowmackem said:

I am thinking perhaps when we were kids deep snow and cold was linked with a day off school and it's been programmed in ever since. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not warmth
5 minutes ago, J-Man said:

Downgrade for Boulmer on met office, now showing tonight as a sleet event. If that becomes the case I'll not be happy.

My old RAF station. Lovely part of the world. Scanned the skies for many years there.....not looking for snow mind ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms
6 minutes ago, J-Man said:

I very much doubt it will be sleet. Temperature and see points too low.

Posted

Looks like durham and boro straight in the firing line if you toggle the charts back every 5mins.