Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Paul

Posted
Just now, ZK099 said:

Is this tonight's warning or Wednesday's? 

From 6am Wednesday- 6pm Thursday 

Just now, tynevalleysnow said:

From 6am Wednesday- 6pm Thursday 

Could very well be a Red Warning. Once they have the path of snowfall nailed it will become 'Very Likely' in theory. That would merit a Red Warning. Massive disruption. Looking forward to it hahaha

Posted

This morning forecast snow showers to get heavier during the afternoon and evening. They’ve gone completely with nothing forecast the rest of today - got the first day wrong! 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, ZK099 said:

Absolutely. Prime position. 

Class.

Are we still looking on course for a direct hit from the trough behind the polar low tomorrow? And how many cm’s are we talking from tomorrow morning’s event?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

PPN in the sea is reducing.  Wind has dropped here and temperature falling with it 0.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
6 minutes ago, rdt123 said:

This morning forecast snow showers to get heavier during the afternoon and evening. They’ve gone completely with nothing forecast the rest of today - got the first day wrong! 

Yes it has been very disappointing today 

Posted

‪Handy #snow day shopping list:‬
‪-8,000 tea bags ‬
‪-Everything in canned goods aisle ‬
‪-All the bread‬
‪-400 pints of milk‬
‪-Enough booze to fill shed‬
‪-50 Easter eggs ‬
‪-12kg of cheese ‬
‪-A whole trolley of crisps/sweets‬
‪-One small bag of lettuce ‬

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Have to say the Meto forecast for here today has been spot on. Just hope the rest of the week is

8 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Class.

Are we still looking on course for a direct hit from the trough behind the polar low tomorrow? And how many cm’s are we talking from tomorrow morning’s event?

Sort of a direct hit. Depends where you live in the North East. Warning from Newcastle down past Sheffield. Met are saying 5-10cm in a few hours. Personally I think 10-15cm is very possible. After the trough the convective airstream kicks in and we could be looking at another 10cm throughout the day. On Wednesday and Thursday definitely the potential for around 1ft of snow to fall, hence the Met Office having a very high Amber warning, which has the potential to turn Red for some areas once details are firmed up. A few kinks showing in the flow from Wednesday onwards, a very unstable airstream. More troughs are likely to pop up at short notice. All in all, by Friday I'm hoping for at least a foot of lying snow. 

None of this is guaranteed, of course.  

Edited by ZK099
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

This has been a bit of a letdown so far for sure. Seen about six flakes all day. Beast from the east my a#$e!!!!

Edited by Continental Climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
1 minute ago, garylaverick said:

APERGE and WRF NMM

arpegeuk-1-15-0.thumb.png.5fb9da1a3efe84e7ea296fc5a694790b.png

nmm_uk1-1-15-0.thumb.png.0d85023e604cc495b1d06f6420023422.png

I will take that,  looking on the satellite looks like showers ate breaking out ahead of it and I mean proper showers not like the ones today 

Posted
2 minutes ago, garylaverick said:

And ICON. Next up let's see what Euro 4 has to offer and the FAX charts. Also worth keeping an eye on XCWeather pressure map.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/m/GB/Map/Pressure

iconeu_uk1-1-15-0.png

Bank!

Posted
1 minute ago, seabreeze86 said:

I will take that,  looking on the satellite looks like showers ate breaking out ahead of it and I mean proper showers not like the ones today 

Yep I'd agree with that. Looks like the low is triggering some streamers ahead of it, I imagine these are what the Met were envisaging when they issued the yellow warning for this afternoon/evening. Out of range on radar for now but should see them appear later on.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, seabreeze86 said:

Exactly, keep your eyes on the Net Wx radar that shower activity starting up 100 miles East of Dundee. Heading our way:cold::D

6 minutes ago, Nice Ice Babe said:

Just checked on bbc for my area. They are now showing sleet tomorrow.....

Be very cautious with apps. They're more fickle than Arsenal fans ?. Anything that falls from the sky in the North East from now until Saturday at the very least, will be snow. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Notice how the temp as fallen away since about 2pm though?? Think the mixing out of slightly milder air has been a little delayed around the Boro area.