Model output discussion - Post SSW - Will it turn cold?

Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

The number of pages we’ve been through on the Model thread in the last 24 hours is incredible - more than the amount of toes and fingers I can count on myself!

Guess it’s no surprise considering the synoptics the models are dishing out for the cold and snow fans.

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cold - Yes Instability - Yes Prolonged - Yes I just wet myself - Yes!

I quite often agree with your sort of sentiment, as I'm one who opts to look at the most likely solution to fit the signals rather than the preferred one But, equally impartially and with intended

Sorry, I just thought I’d walked into the moans threa.. oh wait. <passes around a big bag of grips> No sooner do we get a cold spell within sight it astonishes me that time and time again some p

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Nick L said:

I've seen folks on TWO saying that this looks like a dry easterly :rofl:

If you was to mock up the snowiest Easterly you could imagine then the GEM 00z has saved you the job -

feet of snow in England on that run..

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

If you was to mock up the snowiest Easterly you could imagine then the GEM 00z has saved you the job -

feet of snow in England on that run..

So many kinks and wobbles in the isobars, oh I am glad I booked the final week of Feb off work. 

The consistency regarding the depth of the cold across all models is remarkable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1